Keeping Face

It's Torchwood

Gwen looked at her phone.

“Who is it darlin.” Asked Rhys from the sofa.

“Torchwood.”

“Do you have to answer it?”

Gwen knew how Rhys felt about Jack and her work but she had to. This was her job.

“You know I do. It’s my job.”

Answering her phone she heard Jack’s frantic voice on the other end.

“Please come in.”

“Jack it’s my da- wait did you just say please?”

“Yes please come over we have problem and I’m pretty sure you’re the only one who can help.”

“Okay I’m coming over. Don’t freak out or do anything stupid.”

“Thank you ahhhhhhh! Please hurry!”

“Rhys I’ve got to go.”

“Why, give me one good reason after all the work you’ve done Jack Bloody Harkness can’t give you one day of!”

“He said please.”

And with that Gwen grabbed her jacket and car keys and headed to the Hub.

When at the Hub she went through the travel shop to the main building and as the doors opened she noticed something fly pass her. Thinking at first it was there guard dog/ dinosaur. But it wasn’t it didn’t actually look anything like him. Looking again she saw that it was a desk, papers and draws flying everywhere.
Looking back round straight at her four scalpels where flying straight at her and as she ducked them they stopped at the wall and turned left to fly at round to Jack’s office.

“Jack!” she called out.

There was no voice coming back at her.

“Jack!”

“Please make her stop!”

The voice came up from behind the Rift Manipulator; running around, dodging a couple of alien artifacts and a couple of guns, Gwen squatted down by Jack and Ianto who were slightly cowering away from the flying objects.

“Jack what’s making this happen? Is it an alien, so I need a gun?”

“Well she’s not exactly an alien-” started Jack

“No she’s Jack’s long lost daughter with an attitude problem.”

“Wait! You made me leave my day off, for you’re child problems?” Gwen shouted into Jack’s face.

“Well it’s not a normal problem as you can see! Make her stop!”

“Okay what is she upset about?”

Gwen tried to reason this all out in her head. There had to be a reason, what was she doing here anyway? She definitely wasn’t here yesterday.

“Well her mum came and just left her here. Then she said she was hungry. That it’s.” Jack gave the story hurriedly and shouting slightly over the noise various objects were making.

“People don’t start getting upset like tat, there has to be a trigger. What did you get her?”

Both men looked slightly awkward and looked away from her.

“What did you do?” Gwen shouted.

“We just stared and not really taking into what she said. She started talking and we kinda ignored her and just stood staring.” Ianto said quickly as though saying it faster would soften the blow.

“You Jack Harkness are the most insensitive man I have ever had the misfortune to meet!” Gwen practically screamed at him, which he thought was quite harsh. Ianto, he noticed was looking anywhere but at Gwen and himself, had done exactly what he had done, nothing. “And yes Ianto,” evil star Ianto’s way “isn’t perfect, but it’s not his kid, so deal with it!”

“I know, okay, I know I’m a terrible person and I should never be ever allowed to have kids but too late. And down we need to stop her from completely destroying the Hub!”

At this Gwen slowly made her way over to the screaming girl pushing against the incredible force that was emanating from her. She was so strong and powerful that it wasn’t so crazy to think all the power was coming from the Rift it self. That was an idea maybe it was the Rift!

“Jack, check the computer for Rift activation!”

Jack scrambled behind her and tried to look at, what was, Tosh’s computer.

Gwen carried on to the girl who just kept emitting this terrible force.

“Please stop!” Pleaded Gwen “Please. What do you want? Anything you want I will get it for you, please stop this, please.”

Gwen carried on the pleading and asking, being kind the way that police training had taught her to be with emotional teenagers, though they taught from this century not the 51st.

There was no response to the pleads she just kept screaming and the power kept coming out in a continuous flow of anger. Gwen tried to get closer to her to touch her and calm her down but as soon as she managed to get closer enough to reach out and touch her a stronger burst of power would come pushing Gwen back to the center of the Hub.

After about ten minutes of this to no prevail she had to give in. Her body was aching and bruised from the various flying items. She crouched back with Jack and Ianto as they tried to think of another plan.
♠ ♠ ♠
Please say what you think.

xoxo
sailor emo