Keeping Face

Martha Jones and Storys

She hated this!

Why on this planet would they keep treating her like a child! She wasn’t a child and that treatment made her angrier then ever before; which made her scream even more. The angrier she got the more she screamed, it got to the point that she wanted desperately to stop but found she couldn’t. The voice she produced was making her throat dry up, it felt dry and brittle. She couldn’t stop this and wanted someone to stop it. She couldn’t help that she kept pushing the dark hair woman away, but she couldn’t stop, she didn’t want her contact. The only problem was that she didn’t know what she wanted, but the sound was driving her insane.

“Stop that noise!”

And she actually stopped. All the flying objects fell as soon as she did and she felt the power leave her body rendering her weak and helpless, she hated to be helpless.

Looking she saw two black people standing in the revolving doorway that she led away from the Hub. The guy was standing a little back looking confused, but the woman was standing forward wearing a black leather jacket. She had an angry look across her face that made her look like a woman not to be reckoned with. Her dark hair was pulled back in a pony tail at the back of her head. Her eyes were of deep chocolate but was full of anger, and made her quail under the fiery gaze.

Everyone was looking at Martha with awe. Some how, and no one was quite sure how, she had stopped the girl screaming.

“Jack, what is going on here?” she asked looking at the cowering man.

Standing up and straitening out his great coat.

“It’s a long story.”

“Is there any other alien things going on? Weeviles on the loose? Something coming threw the Rift? Someone coming from a parallel world? End of the world? Evil Time Lord taking over? Any of that?”

“Well…no…not really.”

“Well then. Lets here it.”

With that Gwen and Ianto stood up from there crouching position and walked over to where everyone was gathered.

“You guys aren’t being paid to hear stories.” Moaned Jack.

“Yes but stories are fun.” Laughed Gwen.

“Okay, but before we start.” Martha walked over to the weakened girl and picked her up, she only struggled a little. “I’m going to put her to bed.”

“A cell more like.” Mumbled Jack, not sure that Martha could hear.

“Your bed Captain.”

“What!”

Martha ignored him and took the girl down to the hole in the ground that Jack called in his room.

When she came Jack was looking grumpy, Ianto was looking disheveled, Gwen was looking hopeful for gossip and Mickey was just looking slightly confused.

“Okay Jack story time, spill.”

At this point I have to tell you poor readers that Jack’s story telling was crap and as he was saying it to four curious people, Martha was grilling him for all the information, Gwen wanted all the gossip and Mickey wanted the all the details. Ianto had stayed quite taking in the information that Jack was giving them. I will there fore tell you the story from the beginning and ignore all umms... and urrs…and interruptions.

Jack and the girl’s mum who was called Roxy met at a bar. Jack was a poster boy, and quite a cute one at that. He was used to having everyone come up to him, wanting to buy him a drink, and more. Roxy was no exception. She sauntered over looking posh and highly up herself but had a great pair of knockers, so Jack wasn’t too picky. They had a couple of drinks and ended up in bed together. She wasn’t the most memorable night he’d ever had, but good enough.

Jack sat quietly in a bar looking around taking in the surroundings of the smoky surroundings, there were lot’s of people there talking, eating, drinking. Different people all smiling and laughing, kissing and just generally having a good time. It was quite unusual for Jack to be alone, it didn’t bother him. It was nice. Not having to make forced conversation to people he didn’t care about and make forced laughter so that he could get the one thing he really wanted. The only thing he ever wanted out of people. Except his mother, but that’s another story for another day.

They ended up kissing and ended up in some hotel somewhere together, this is generally what happened to him on a regular basis so he thought nothing of it. He awoke before her and dressed silently so that she wouldn’t wake. He left leaving no note and not paying the bill.

That was the last he had seen of her until today in Ianto’s shop.

Now that they had learnt that everybody had wanted to know what had made Roxy find Jack and hand over the girl.

They waited a couple of hours before she was able to wake up in which time Martha and Gwen had a go at Jack for being an insensitive creep and how could he treat women like that. His reply to that was that it was the 51st Century and that they wouldn’t understand.

Her eyes felt heavy and her whole body felt groggy but that didn’t stop the memories of the last couple of hours, following with it the last couple of years. And her head felt like it was on fire and that burning memory of her. Looking around her she saw she was in a kind of hole, a big one but still undeniably a hole. She was lying on a soft bed and surrounding her were stone walls and a book shelf full of books of interesting sorts. There seemed to be no door in the wall to get out. Maybe there was one behind the bookcase, like in that old movie she had seen once in her travels. Then looking to her left she a ladder and on the ceiling of the hole she saw a door. That makes sense. The room was small big enough for one and if you wanted a tight fit two, but not advisable.
Deciding she had enough of the four walls she got up the ladder and went to the door. She emerged in an office it had glass for walls and showed a view of the whole Hub. There was a big wooded desk covered with papers strewn over it in an unusual form of organisation.
Walking out of the office the young girl walked down to were everyone was having coffee.

“Hey sleepy.” Said the brown haired woman she gave her a dirty, she didn’t need her sympathy.

“What’s your name?” this time it was the chocolate girl. For some reason she could not give her a scathing look but went into submission, she had never done that before, except for one but those memories were too painful.

“I’m Domino.”

“Domino what?” the guy who she had called her father.

“Just Domino.”

“And how did you get here Just Domino.” He asked.

She sent a sneer his way and looked again to the chocolate woman.

“Why should I tell you anything at all I don’t even know any of your names and even I did why should I trust you?”

“Because we are the only people who can help you and without us you will be lost in a world you know very little about.” The woman spoke so confidently and calm, it made her feel quite calm. “But so you know my name is Doctor Martha Jones.”

“Gwen Cooper-Williams.” Said the trying to be kind woman.

“Mickey Smith.” Said the black guy.

“Ianto Jones.” This was the first guy she had met out of the Hub Coffee-boy.

“Captain Jack Harkness.” She already hated him.

“Right I now everyone’s names, yay lucky me.” She said sarcastically.

“Domino, I’m afraid to say but you are stuck here until we find a way to get you home, also you were emanating a strange force and I would really like to look at you.” Said Doctor Martha Jones “I only want to help.” She added.

Domino wanted with all her mind to not believe her and to think she was lying but she couldn’t. Doctor Martha Jones seems to actually care in a clinical way, like she doesn’t want to get too close yet at the same time she does care and that’s what Domino wanted.

“Okay, what do you wanna know?”

“Why you’re here, why did Roxy dropped you off here. Why are you in our lives?” Jack asked but at the sound of Roxy’s name Domino heard no more, how could she the thought of her made her physically sick.

“She dropped me here cause she hated you so much. You left her broken Jack and she has never forgiven you. Yes she’s had other men, obviously but she never really got over you. Tony, me and her travelled through time and space looking for you Jack. She made friends with all the right people and we managed to track you down on several occasions, but she was never happy, we always saw the Jack that she known and she hated that. Then about a year ago we landed here in 21st Century Britain, we were here when the Daleks invaded and the Earth got stolen and Clom. Who would want to steal Clom?”

“Daleks needed 27 planets to carry out their evil plans, but yer Clom was a mystery.” Jack cut in.

“Anyway we made a profile about you and here I am.”

“But you said there was some ones else with you a Tony?” said Gwen eagerly.

“He died.” Domino said shortly, she hated this place more.