Keeping Face

VOOM VOOM

They were all in the Hub looking at anything but at each other trying to keep busy and out of Jack’s way. Domino was up and standing there nervously, she had lost someone unfairly and knew what they were going through; and the best medicine, she hadn’t found it yet, but when she did she would give it to them.

Domino couldn’t stand the tension and went down to operating room to Martha. She was getting set up for the compulsory autopsy, but no one was sure they could be there for it. They couldn’t look and the cold, dead, battered, bruised, bloody-though most of the blood had been wiped up- body that was Ianto Jones.

“Do you think that you can do it?” Asked Domino as she went down making Martha jump, which wasn’t good as she had a huge shiny knife in her hand.

“Jesus Domino, don’t you know never to walk up on a woman with a knife.”

“Sorry, missed that lesson at girl scouts.”

Martha was in green scrubs and a microphone was hanging from the ceiling, all ready to start.

“You know,” said Martha wearily as she sat down on the steps putting the knife down on the trolley. “This is the first time I’ve had to an autopsy on a colleague. I was going to have to do Doctor Owen Harper when he died the first time.”

“The first time?” asked Domino

“Jack brought him back with the Resurrection Glove or Risen Mitten, as Ianto called it.” She gave a half laugh, half sob.

“I knew someone who died, well I’ve known lots but this was an important someone, the only person I ever actually cared about.”

“Tony.”

“Yer, he was my world, and it’s only a small world at ten. I loved him so much and then he went to help save the world. Not this one, the one we were staying on at the time, Akkarine, and we never got a body or any inkling on how he died.”

“How do you know he’s dead then, he might have escaped?”

“There was a man that went with him and he told us so. He was the reason he was dead. Tony went to help him!” Domino was getting angry know and soon the anger was getting too much, suddenly there was an almighty crash and it seemed like the whole building was shaking, but that was impossible they were underground. Martha couldn’t do anything about it though because it looked like Domino was about to loose it again.

Mickey and Trinity were sitting in the board room.

“I don’t understand; aliens?”

“It’s hard to explain, but I’ll try; Cardiff is on a Rift in time and space and it sends things threw, space junk, aliens, lots of things. Weevils live in the sewers and are carnivorous. Torchwood was set up to protect the planet from such aliens. Do you understand?”

“There are aliens in the sewers?”

“Yes.”

“But, how? Why? I mean how do we not know about this?”

“The Christmas star, the space ship into Buckingham Palace, the ATMOS, Canary Warf, the ghosts, the Daleks all aliens.”

“You mean they’ve been there all this time?”

“Yes.”

“How did you get involved though, I mean it’s not like you can just pick up an application for this place.”

“I don’t know about the others but there was this man called the Doctor, he took my ex-girlfriend Rose travelling, and she stayed with him and left me. I travelled with them and this one time we went into a parallel world. My Gran was alive there and I stayed fighting the Cybermen.”

“Who are the Cybermen?” she interrupted.

“They were the ghosts coming back into this world; I followed with Torchwood of that world. Anyway Rose and her mum got stuck on that world with the Doctor on this one. Then one by one the stars started to go out, the world was covered in Darkness. We got pulled from that world back to this because everything in existence was going to be destroyed by the Daleks. And I stayed, when we were done saving the universe, I stayed, my Gran had died and Rose had her Doctor. Jack offered me and Martha a job ad here we are, defending the Earth.”

“The Doctor stayed with Rose on that world then?”

“There ended up being two Doctors, it was all very confusing.”

“Right. Okay. Sorry I’m just trying to get all this round my head. Can you give me some time?”

“Of course.”

Mickey leaned over and placed his had on hers.

All of a sudden an amazing bang hit the building and they were thrown on the floor, like flying in the TARDIS.

Rhys was in the main body of the Hub as Gwen was in Jack’s office with him. He was okay with Jack now, it had taken a long time but he had. Gwen had married him, not Jack, she loved him. And right now Jack needed her. He was not going to be petty and complain.

Sitting there alone he couldn’t help but think of Ianto, he had only met the guy a couple of times, but he seemed like such a decent person. He got Gwen her wedding dress when she was pregnant with the alien. It was a truly beautiful dress as well.

He could see him lying there blood pouring onto the floor, Jack crying. The great arrogant Jack Harkness crying. He had never thought he would ever see that. Jack always seemed so strong, head-strong as well he was annoying at times and Rhys would sometimes want nothing more then to punch that smug face of him. But tonight when he had killed himself and then when he awoke, He looked so lost and afraid.

That chilled Rhys more then Ianto being killed.

Suddenly there was a giant crash that made Rhys hit his head back against the stone cold wall, hard.

Gwen sat with Jack in his office tears streaming down both of their faces. Neither said a word because neither had to, there shared each others pain and it hurt. Oh, it hurt so badly.

Jack hadn’t said a thing since he had shot himself, but then she hadn’t expected him to.

“They’ve really gone haven’t they?” whispered Jack

Gwen didn’t say anything waiting for Jack to say something else.

“Toshiko, Owen and now Ianto. They’re all gone, dead, never coming back. The Resurrection Gloves are gone and I couldn’t do that to Ianto, not after what I did to Owen.”

Tears continued to fall from both and neither made any attempt to stop them.

“We’re the only ones left Jack. We have to be strong.”

“I…I can’t, not anymore. John was right we’re not ready. Torchwood isn’t ready.”

“Yes we are. Remember what you said to me and Ianto when I said that I didn’t know if I could carry on. You said we could and that we will. We have to do the same, we have a medic and a technician, neither taking the place of Tosh and Owen but being their own. Like me to Suzie, I never took her place. And Ianto, we’ll find someone to do his job but that person will never be Ianto.”

Gwen was trying to make him see some small sense; something that would make him see that there was something worth living for.

“There never was a job for Ianto he gave himself one, for Lisa. The only reason I hired him was because of his determination to get a job and I liked him, a lot, and I know I treated him like crap. I feel terrible the way I treated him” Jack broke down into a fresh flood of tears.

“He knew you loved him, he knew you cared about him.”

“I want him back! I want him back with me now! I want him here with me. I don’t want to forget him, I don’t want him to leave I want him here with me.”

Jack was completely incoherent now, his voice was broken and he was in so much pain it was ripping him apart.

Suddenly an almighty crash echoed around the Hub throwing Gwen and Jack on the floor. Shakily they got up to investigate what could have coursed an underground building, built into the sewers, to shake so violently.

The blonde got out of her ship wiping dirt from her German World War II coat. Looking up at the sky she smiled slightly, Earth, this was the most amazing planet in the world. Her dad loved it and she understood why. But sometimes the people could be so… no she would not think about it. She couldn’t, not again; it was gone in the passed, judging from what she could see over sixty years ago.

Looking around she saw that she was above a bay, a very beautiful bay. There was a tall monument and water cascading down it. It was so beautiful and screamed THIS IS EARTH at the top of its lungs. She looked at her ship, crap, looked like something had gone missing and it was pretty badly beaten up, looked like she was going to have to stay a while and fix it. Damn this was gonna take a lot of time, but lucky for her Time was one of the things she had plenty of.

Walking down she thought about were on Earth she could be. There was no people so there was no voices to be heard. She carried on walking taking in the surroundings’ and the air, it seemed quite clogged with pollution but beyond that she could smell the sea and pizza and chips. Earth food was the best. When she found some currency she would buy some, all she had was some 1940 German Marks and some Sontaran Bulkes.

While she was thinking about food and money she didn’t notice three people coming up from an invisible elevator. She didn’t realise that they had come of into full view either as she followed her nose to the pizza place. She didn’t notice when they followed her with guns cocked and split surrounding her, she didn’t however noticed when she was thrown to the floor with a gun to head.

“What in the name of Neptune are you doing?” She shouted

They all started to talk quietly and she was help up by one guy with her arms behind her back. It was dark and she had trouble seeing them. They pulled her to the invisible elevator and took her down.

Still struggling on the step and suddenly when it went down she could feel her feet start to buckle underneath her but the strong guy was holding her up. Then she saw the most incredible place on Earth. It had a dinosaur in it! A dinosaur! This was incredible.

She was dragged off the step and thrown into a chair were she got a good look at her captives. There was the guy who and grabbed her. He was average height, white, and wasn’t holding a gun at her. The other two were. There was a woman with long chocolate hair; she was also average height and white. The other man had Hershey skin, short black hair and a stern look.

The woman asked her something but she could not tell what, it was in a langue she hadn’t learnt yet.

Not understanding she said nothing.

The woman started to shout, she was getting angry now.

Suddenly another voice screamed from down below. All there heads turned down there and a blonde woman came out of another room, saw her and shrank back slightly going of to the Hershey man.

The blond woman pointed at her, how rude, and said something else to the Hershey man.

He said something back to her.

The girl started to go back to the boardroom when an unidentifiable force stopped her. She tried again only to be thrown back; the Hershey guy only just caught her.

More screming and then a very commanding voice.

And just like that screaming stopped.

The people surrounding her let out of a sigh of release completely forgetting she was tied to a chair and less then a minute ago they were interrogating her.

Another woman came from were the screaming was. She was dark, jet black hair and was wearing a shirt, men’s trousers- a couple of sizes too big- braces and a white coat. Looking away from the coat she looked at her face.

“Martha !”

Martha looked at her and just stood there.

“Jenny? Jenny?” She then started talking extremely fast.

“Martha?”

Martha didn’t understand why Jenny couldn’t understand her, and then she understood, the TARDIS she was letting them speak in whatever language Jenny spoke.

Crap!

That meant there was only one thing for it. She was going to have to call the Doctor. This was going to be interesting.

Leading Jenny into the boardroom Gwen, Rhys, Mickey and Trinity followed.

Setting Jenny at one end of the table everyone taking a seat except Gwen who gave her seat to Trinity but would not sit in Ianto’s place.

“Okay everyone…”

“Where’s Jack?” asked Rhys

“Still in his office, crying, I thought it would be best to leave him there.” Said Gwen from the wall looking cautiously at Jenny.

“Okay everyone…”

“Where’s Domino?” asked Mickey.

“She’s asleep on the floor in the surgery, not the most hygienic place but she was very tired. Okay as I was saying with out further interruptions this is Jenny.” Martha waved a hand at Jenny and everyone stared, Jenny looked fixatedly at Martha. “She the Doctor’s daughter and we…”

“The Doctor has a daughter?” Asked Mickey shocked.

“Yes, okay, another story for another day. Look we thought she was dead, she was dead but the TARDIS was obviously translating for us to understand and I really think we should call the Doctor to get him back, he should know she’s alive.”

There was a sudden silence and then voices all started to talk at once.

“But she looks as young as him.”

“What’s a TARDIS?”

“Who’s the Doctor?”

“How can we call the Doctor? It’s not like he has a mobile on him.”

“Yes he does.” and with that Martha pulled out her phone. “Never looses signal anywhere in the universe, definitely not Network 3.”

And with that she found him on contacts and started to ring.

“Hello?” asked the Doctor’s voice.

“Doctor I have a surprise for you so get your skinny but to Cardiff Twenty-first Century.”

Less then three minutes later she heard the familiar VOOM VOOM of the TARDIS.
♠ ♠ ♠
sorry took so long what you all think, please comment i reallywanna know what my readers think