Status: COMPLETED!

The Flower That Blooms in the Darkness

After-effects

I bet you guys are wondering what happened last night, right?

I hate to break it to you, but no, we didn't do it, or anything like that.

It was mostly just kissing.

And a little bit of biting.

I decided that neither of us were anywhere close to that kind of a relationship.

And yes, I am still fully clothed.

Well, almost.

I'm only missing one shirt, okay? One! Remember that purple one that Itachi-chan took off?

Yeah, that one.

Anyway, back to the real story.

~*~

My eyes slid open slowly.

My back hurt from sleeping on the closet floor all night.

And, it was freezing in here.

I snuggled up closer to Itachi-chan, trying to get warm and fall back asleep.

"Morning." He whispered in my ear. I shivered.

So much for trying to go back to sleep.

"Morning." I yawned. He chuckled.

"What?" I asked, somewhat grumpy.

"You looked so cute when you yawned." He teased.

"Shut up." I said, blushing, and we sat up.

"Um, Itachi-chan? Why're we still in the closet?"

"They forgot to let us out because they either went to sleep, or got drunk and passed out." He said matter-of-factly.

I raised an eyebrow. "They had sake? Where'd they get that?"

"One of the dares was to steal a bottle of it. Or five." He smiled at me.

I started laughing, then stopped when I realized our predicament.

"Can I kick down the door?" I asked him hopefully.

"Pein-sama will be pissed off if you do." He warned.

"So that's a yes! All righty, here we go!" I ran at the door, jumped at the last second, and did a spinning kick. The door slammed into the opposing wall.

I started to go outside.

"Won't they be suspicious if you walk out there like that?" Itachi pointed out my lack of over-shirt.

"Same to you!" I said, sticking my tongue out at him.

He chuckled, and threw me my shirt. I quickly put it on, and he did the same, but choosing to carry the cloak.

"See ya later, Itachi-chan!" I called over my shoulder, heading towards my room. I was going to sleep some more, considering that I didn't get all that much last night.

When I got into my room, I shed my clothes, changing into a long-sleeved, pink shirt that almost came to my mid-thighs. I climbed under the covers.

"Oyasuminasai!" (Good night!)

~*~

I woke up, feeling like someone was watching me.

I sat up and saw Dei-chan, standing in my doorway, with no shirt on.

"So, Natsumi-chan, what happened last night between you and Itachi?"He asked coolly.

Shit. He's really pissed off.

Why? It's not like we have a relationship going on here, or anything!


"Nothing really. We just talked about stuff." I said, all nonchalant-like.

"Then what were those noises of something hitting the wall?"

"Actually, it was me hitting the floor. We walked around the closet a little, and I fell down a lot. That closet's really huge!" I remarked.

He stared hard into my eyes, then grinned. "All right, I believe you. I trust that you're not lying to me." Then he left, shutting the door behind him.

I'm a horrible person! Why'd I lie about last night to Dei-chan? Why, dammit!

Someone knocked on my door. I regained my calm, cool composure, then called: "Come on in."

Sasori-chan poked his head in. "I know you're trying to sleep, but there's someone outside who claims he knows you."

I raised an eyebrow, contemplated for a minute, then sighed.

"All right, I'll be right there."

God, I hope it's not Kakashi-chan.