Status: COMPLETED!

The Flower That Blooms in the Darkness

Steam

I groaned.

I ached everywhere.

And I smelled funny.

Like dried blood.

"You're lucky you're still alive, un."

I sat up slowly, testing my limits. I winced every now and then, but I made it.

I looked around.

I was in Dei-chan's room, in his bed....

....again.

"Dei-chan, I must make you sleep deprived. I'm sorry." I laughed sheepishly.

"It's fine, un. You needed someone to stick around and make sure you're still alive, anyways, un."

Ah. So that's why I'm here.

"Is that boy so important to you that you would risk your life to save him, un?" He asked, truly curious.

I gave him a sharp look. "You don't understand. I had to get him out of there. He would've had no hope if I'd left him."

He looked away. "He's that precious to you, un...." He murmured.

I attempted to get out of bed, but it failed miserably. "Dei-chan? A little help, here?"

He chuckled. "Yeah, I'm coming, un."

Together, it was successful.

"Arigato. Now, can you help me get to my room?"

"Sure, un. What for, un?"

"So I can change clothes. Oh, and I'll need a shower, too." I commented, getting another whiff of dried blood.

He blushed.

"I'm not gonna need help showering, don't worry. That's what they have that little bar-thingy for, anyways." I assured him. "But I might need help on changing afterwards...." I trailed off, looking uncertain.

There was a brief period of awkward silence. Well, it was awkward on my end, anyway.

"Maybe Ko-chan can help me?" I asked Dei-chan.

"She's off on a mission." He said.

There went my alternative.

"Right, well, let's get this over with! Shower first!"

At first he was helping me walk, then he decided that carrying me would be more efficient.

He sat me in the bathroom, then went outside, waiting politely for me to finish.

I shed clothes as fast as I could, but that was a long and painful process. There was a lot of wincing involved.

"Oi, Natsumi-chan! I'm going to go fix breakfast, I'll be right back!" He shouted as I was changing.

" 'Kay!" I shouted back, preoccupied.

I turned on the shower, and steam quickly filled the room.

Ahh...this is going to feel really good.

Then the door was opened.

I twirled around, which probably wasn't the best idea, considering the fact that I was completely naked.

Sasori-chan's surprised face met mine.

We both turned red at about the same time.

"Sasori-chan! What the hell!" I shouted.

"G-gomen nasai, Natsumi-c-chan -- "

"Out!"

He obeyed, shutting the door behind him.

I quickly stepped into the shower.

I didn't what had just happened to be repeated.