Sieze the Day

Eighteen

Today was my eighteenth birthday. Supposed to be happy right? Well, not for me. I have known that I was pregnant for a month now, and the baby's father had asked me to marry him the day I told him. I decided today was the day to tell my father, so that when he tells me to get out I can go and live with my fiance. I love saying that. I know I'm young, but I love him with all my heart.

"Happy birthday sweetheart!"My dad greeted me as I walked down the stairs. Luckily he did not hear me vomiting a few minutes ago.

"Hi daddy!" I gave him a hug.

"Is that boyfriend of yours coming over today?" He asked bitterly, he never liked myboyfriend, fiance'.

"Yes daddy, Danny is coming over today."

"Oh joy."

"Daddy, please be nice."

"Anything for you baby-girl."

The day was going well, but I knew it wouldn't last long. At about three in the afternoon Danny came over. We decided to wait until supper to tell my dad. At five o'clock we began to sit to eat.

Two minutes into the meal I began the talk that would ruin my life, "Daddy, Danny and I have to tell you something."

"Oh?"

"Yeah, you're going to hate me, but I'm pregnant and we are going to get married."

"No." He said, "NO! NO! NO! NO! NO!"

My dad ran out of the room only to return a few minutes later with a pistol in his hand. "Dad! What are you doing?" I screamed.

"That thing ruined my baby-girl's life!" He pulled the trigger.

I yelled no, but it was to late. My dad shot Danny in the chest. Before he died his last words were, "I love you, move on, find a good dad for our baby. I'll always be here." He pointed to my heart and died in my arms.

I had already had all I'd ever need to start a life on my own in my pocket. I went to run, but my father stopped me. "No you don't!" He yelled. He pushed me face first to the ground. I got up and got away. I got to the bank first taking all my money out of my account. Then, I went to the hospital and found out that mu baby was OK. I stayed at a hotel that night and cried myself to sleep. The next morning I changed my name, Ashlyn Rose Giordano. Eight months later I gave birth to a beautiful baby girl, Elizabeth Marie Giordano.
♠ ♠ ♠
I have high hopes for this story. The next part is going to be ahead in time.