Sieze the Day

Brian's Thoughts

**********Brian's POV***********

We pulled up to the mall at quarter past twelve. The ten of us got out of the two cars we brought.

"Brian, do you like Ashlyn?" Val asked as she walked next to me. No one else heard.

"The truth?" She nodded. "I think I do."

"That's good, just be careful OK. I don't want another Michelle misshape."

"She's different. One, she already has a kid, so she knows what it's like. And two, she has already lost someone she loved, she won't just break hearts like most girls would."

"I hope you're right Brian." She said before walking away and jumping on Matt's back.

'Wait, she's Matt's cousin.' My brain just thought of that. 'Will he even let me date her?'

'Matt will be happy as long as you don't hurt her and as long as you're both happy.' Emma informed me.

'Do you really think so?'

'Babe, I know so.' I shook my head thinking about how she'd always call me babe when she was alive.

"Dude, do you have like a new-found tic or something?" Jimmy asked. I was still shaking my head.

"No, just thinking."

"Whatever you say." Jimmy said shrugging.

"Dad?" Dylan asked.

"Yeah?"

"Are you going to date Ashlyn?" He really was a nosy kid.

"Maybe, if she lets me." I said truthfully.