Sieze the Day

The Mall

***********Ashlyn's POV**********

Walked into the mall with Elizabeth's hand in mine. We went to the food court and I skimmed the place for that hot pink hair. I found it and made my way over to the wearer.

"Hey Holly." She turned around.

"Auntie Holly! Auntie Holly!" Elizabeth said jumping up and down with her hand sticking up.

"Elizabeth!" Holly yelled hugging my daughter. "Nice to see you finally make time for your best friend."

"Sorry. Making the house mine, meeting my long lost cousin, and a man has taken up a lot of my time."

"Oooo, a man?"

"Yep."

"There they are!" I heard Matt yell in the distance.

"I hope you don't mind, I invited some friends."

"Nope, not a all."

Elizabeth pulled out of my grip and ran when she saw them. "BRIAN! DYLAN! MATT! VAL! JIMMY! LEANA! JOHNNY! LACEY! ZACKY! GENA!"! She yelled running up to them, Holly and I close behind her, and hugging them all. ""Wow, there sure are a lot of you." She said pulling away from Gena. This caused us all to laugh.

I hugged them all and turned to Holly. "Holly, this is my cousin Matt and his fiance Val. These are his friends Jimmy, Johnny, and Zacky and their girlfriends Leana, Lacey, and Gena. And these two are Brian and his son Dylan."

Holly had a thoughtful look on her face. "Avenged Sevenfold. Nice of you to tell me that your cousin was the lead singer."

"Sorry, I lead a secretive life."

"Mommy! Mommy!"

"Yes sweetheart?"

"I'm hungry."

We all ate at the food court and split up. The couples went together, leaving Holly, Brian, Dylan, Elizabeth, and I as a group. We were all going to meet back up later to shop as a group. Brian was walking ahead of Holly and I with Elizabeth and Dylan.

"So, is Brian that man you were taking about?"

"Um, kind of. I don't know if he likes me though."

"Babe, trust me. He does."

'Listen to Holly. For once in her life, she's right.' Danny said laughing.

"If you saw so." I said Dylan then walked up to us. "Hey Dylan. What's up?"

"My father likes you." He said as if it were nothing. "Do you like him?"

"Truthfully? Yeah I do."

"Good. It's been a while since he dated. I think it's my fault. His last relationship ended because she said she didn't want to be a mother at such a young age especially to someone else's kid. She said it was her or me. That was Val's sister, Michelle. I liked her, but I guess she didn't like me." Dylan hung his head. I noticed Holly walked away.

"Dylan. Don't you ever think that. You're a great kid, and any woman would be happy to be your mother. It sounds to me like this Michelle was much more of a child then you. You seem so wise for your age. And you're father loves you. A man, or in your father's case, a woman will never take that away. A parent's love for a child is unconditional. Love for another can change, well that is unless you love that person with all your heart. And this Michelle obviously did not understand this. Dylan you are a wonderful boy."

Dylan looked up at me and smiled. "I hope you become my mom one day."

I looked down at him. "Dylan, even if I don't become your mom, I want you to know you can always come to me, about anything. I'll be here for you." That's when I became shocked. He hugged me.

"Thank-you Ashlyn." He said. Brian came up to us.

"Hey, what's going on?"

"Oh, nothing." I said winking at Dylan who ran up to Holly and Elizabeth.

"Hey really is an amazing kid."

"Yeah, Elizabeth is such an angel. I always wanted a daughter. Someone I could spoil rotten." He said laughing.

"Yeah, I spoil her. Most of the time I don't realize I'm doing it, that is until I go home and look at the reciets." We laughed together.

"Ashlyn, I wanted to know if you wanted to go out sometime, you know just you and me?"

"Sure. I'll need to find a babysitter."

"No need. Matt and Val said they'd do it. Which means that everyone will be there."

"Alright."

"So, Sunday at four?"

"Sunday at four it is."

We smiled at eachother and caught up to the other three.