Sieze the Day

Preparations

It was Sunday. Brian was coming in two hours for our date and Matt and Val were going to be here in a half hour. I was showered and currently am standing in front of my closet trying to figure out what to where. Elizabeth came into my room.

"What are you doing mommy?"

"Looking for clothes to wear for my date."

"With Brian?"

"Yeah, sweety."

"Do you like him?"

"Yeah, I think I do."

"I like him too mommy."

"I know you do. But Elizabeth, I don't want you to get too attached, because if Brian and I don't work out, I don't want you to be hurt. OK?"

"Whatever you say mommy."

Just then the door-bell rang. 'If that's Matt and Val, then they're early.'

'It's Matt and Val.'

'Thanks for the heads-up.'

I went downstairs, Elizabeth following close behind, and opened the door.

"Well, I hope you aren't planning on going out dressed like that." Matt said.

"No, actually I was just looking in my closet for clothes when the door-bell rang."

"Oh, Matt wait here. Ashlyn and Elizabeth upstairs." Val ordered.

I laughed, "Why?"

"Because, Elizabeth and I are going to help you find clothes."

"Yeah! Let's go mommy." The three of us made our way upstairs. Val tore apart my closet and found what she called 'the perfect outfit to wear on a date with Brian'.

"Well, we are going to go. What time are you picking her up again?"

"Um, probably about eleven."

"Alrighty, see you then. We have to go get Dylan now."

At the mention of Dylan Elizabeth's ear perked. "Dylan? Yay! Bye mommy!" She yelled running out of the door while pulling Val along.

I laughed. "Hey what about a hug and a kiss before you go!"

She ran back in and gave me a quick hug and kiss on the cheek before running out. I shook my head and turned to look at my clothes when my front door slammed shut. 'Remind me to yell at Matt for almost breaking my door.'

'Will do.'

I sighed and began to put the clothes on. A pair of skinny jeans, a bright purple baby-doll top, a black stud belt and a purple stud belt, and a pair of black patent leather pumps. I did my hair and make-up. When I was done it was already a half hour to when Brain was coming to pick me up.

**********Brian's POV***********

I was pacing my room. I must say I'm nervous about tonight. It's the first time that Ashlyn and I will actually be alone. I kind of feel like I'm in high school again.

"Dad, what are you doing?"

"Hey Dylan. Nothing, is there something you need?"

"No, just wanted to see if you're ready for your date with Ashlyn, which obviously you are not,"

'God, this kid is too smart.'

'What do you expect, he did come from me.'

"I have to say Dylan, I'm nervous."

"Don't be, she told me she likes you too."

"Really?"

"Yeah, wear those jeans, this shirt, and those shoes." Dylan said before walking out of the room.

I looked at what he picked out and found that it was the outfit that I was really most confident in. 'That kid knows me like the back of his hand.'

'Must I say it again? He came from me!'

I laughed. I finished getting ready when the door-bell rang. I ran down the stair and opened the door. Matt, Val, and Elizabeth stood infront of me. I let them in and Elizabeth hugged my leg.

"Hi Brian!"

"Hi Elizabeth, how are you?"

"Good. Hey Dylan!" She said letting me go and running over to him and hugging him. I laughed as did Matt and Val.

"Good to see one of you two ready to go." Matt said.

"Hey!"Val yelled slapping his chest, "Women are allowed all the time they need to get ready. Right Elizabeth?"

"Yep!"

"Well, we'll let you go, your dates in what an hour?"

"Yeah, I'll pick Dylan up around...eleven, eleven thirty."

"Alright see you Brian. Elizabeth! Dyaln! Come on! We are going to the movie rental place!" Val yelled Elizabeth ran following her. Dylan came up to me.

"Bye dad, have a good time." He said hugging me, then running after the other two.

Matt was standing in front of me.

"Be good to her. So much has happened to her already."

"Matt, I have no intentions, what-so-ever of hurting her. I really like her Matt."

"Good, see you later man." He said giving me a man-hug and walking out of the door.

I looked at my watch. Forty-five minutes till the date. I sat on my couch and got myself mentally ready for this. Fifteen minutes later, I jumped in my car and drove off towards Ashlyn's.
♠ ♠ ♠
Next one will be the actual date.
Your input on this story is very appreciated. ^_^