Sieze the Day

24-hour Bug

******Ashlyn's POV**********

A week has passed since Brian and I's first date. We spent the passed seven days together; Dylan, Elizabeth, Brian, and I. It's almost like we're -do I dare say it?- a family.

I awoke to Elizabeth jumping on my bed.

'That's odd, I'm usually up before.. oh God, I think I'm gonna hurl!'

I ran to the bathroom and emptied the contents of my stomach. 'Ashlyn you're sick.' Danny pointed out the obvious.

'I never would have guessed.'

I washed my mouth out and crawled back into bed. Elizabeth looked at me sympathetically.

"Mommy you're sick."

"Yeah, sweety go downstairs and watch some TV." She left the room uttering a simple 'love you mommy'. Before she was fully out of the room I yelled to her the best I could. "Call Holly!" I then fell into an uneasy sleep.

*********Elizabeth's POV*************

My mommy told me to call Holly, but I don't want to call Holly. I'm going to call someone else. I picked up the phone and dialed the number that I've seen so many times in the past week.

The phone rang three times before he picked up. "Hello?"

"Hi Brian."

"Elizabeth? What are you doing calling me up at this time in the morning?"

"Mommy's sick."

"Oh, Dylan and I will be over in a little while OK. Watch some TV and don't open the door. I know where you're spare key is."

"OK, bye-bye."

"See you in a little bit."

I did as I was told. I sat on the couch and turned on the TV. A little while later, Brian opened the door and Dylan sat on the couch beside me.

"Hey Elizabeth is you're mommy asleep?" Brian asked. I nodded my head in response. "I'm gonna guess you haven't had breakfast yet." I nodded my head again. "Dylan, go in the kitchen and get Elizabeth a bowl of cereal. I will be upstairs. I called Matt and Val they will be here soon to come and take you guys to their house for the night."

"OK dad." I followed Dylan into the kitchen.

*********Ashyn's POV*********

I was woken again by my door being opened. I was surprised when I saw Brian and was expecting Holly. I had a feeling she wouldn't call Holly, but Brian instead.

"Hey Ash, Elizabeth called me and told me you weren't feeling well."

I went to reply, but felt that twinge in my stomach again. I ran to the bathroom, hearing Brian's footsteps behind me. My stomach began to empty into the porcelain bowl again. I felt Brian's calloused, yet soft hands hold my hair and rub my back. When nothing more came up, I rinsed myself off and tried to stumble back into my room, unsuccessfully. Brian must have noticed, because he picked me up bridal style and set me back into my bed.

"Ashlyn, rest. Matt and Val are coming to pick up Dylan and Elizabeth for the night, so they don't catch what you have. I'm staying here to take care of you. I'm going to wait downstairs until Matt and Val come. In the meantime, if yo need anything, um..." he looked around my room "ring this." He said handing me a a bell from a friend that I had gotten as a gift for being in her wedding.

Brian left the room, and I fell back to sleep.

**********Brian's POV**********

'Wow she's really sick.'

'She'll be fine. it's only a 24-hour bug.' Emma's voice reassured me.

'Good, I was afraid it was the flu. People can die from that.'

'Nope, not the flu. Just make her comfortable and she'll be better by tomorrow.'

I entered the living room to see Dylan and Elizabeth watching Sponge Bob, an empty bowl sat on the table. Elizabeth noticed me and ran to my side.

"My mommy's gonna be alright?"

"You bet. She'll be all better by tomorrow."

"She's never been sick before."

"Really? Have you ever been sick? I asked as I crouched down to her level.

"Yeah, but mommy made me all better."

"Well, I'm gonna make you're mommy all better."

"Good."

"Elizabeth, will you help me pack an over-night bag for you?"

"OK." the two of us went up to her room and packed a bag. I heard Dylan open the door for Matt and Val, as we descended the stairs.

"Hey Brian, how is she?" Matt asked. He's been very alert to his cousin ever since she turned up. He said they were very close up until she disappeared.

"Alright. I think it's one of those 24-hour bugs. She should be better by tomorrow. Thanks for taking these two on such short notice by the way. I just don't want them to get sick too."

"Anytime. These two are great." Val said placing a hand on each of their shoulders.

"Well, we better get out of here." Matt said. The four of them left and I made my way back upstairs.