Sieze the Day

Love Sick

I walked up the stairs into Ashlyn's room and saw her sleeping figure. It wasn't a restful sleep, but a sleep where she was tossing and the perspiration, undoubtedly from a fever, was evident on her forehead. I stood there, in the door-frame, watching her. I wanted to help her, but I was afraid to wake her. I know that I personally don't like to be woken when I'm sick, even if I look uncomfortable.

After about a half-hour of watching her sleep, she sprang out of bed, running past me and down the hall. The bathroom door slammed open, coughing soon following. I ran to the bathroom and saw her emptying the stomach acids out of her body. I bent down beside her, holding her hair with one hand and softly rubbing her back with the other. I guess being a father had weaned me from my queasiness, I can't tell you how many times Dylan has gotten sick. It is now something that doesn't bother me. When she was finished, she rinsed off in the sink and turned, facing me. Our eyes locked and an almost unnoticeable smile graced her face.

*****Ashlyn's POV******

I stared into those pools of chocolate for what seemed like hours, even though I know it was only a few minutes.

"So, feeling any better?"

I shook my head. "Not really. My body feels like it was hit by a Mac truck, and my stomach still feels icky."

"Anything I can do to help?"

"Naw, I think I'm gonna take a bath though. Rest my muscles some."

"Well, how about I get the bath ready for you and grab a towel while you get your clothes."

"If you want, but I can do it myself ya' know."

"It's not a big deal. I said I was here to help."

"Well, thanks Brian. For everything."

"I didn't really do much."

"It's the little things that matter most."

He smiled. "Yeah, I guess so." He said shrugging and walking to a closet to grab a towel.

I walked out of my bathroom.

'Hey Hayls. I told you he'd be good for you.' Danny said in a sing-song voice.

'My name's not Hayley anymore. And, so?'

'Just saying I told you so. And get over it, I'll never see you as Ashlyn'

'Well Mister I-See-Everything, I'll agree with you being right.'

'You better'

'That was dumb, dummy.'

'I was never dumb.'

'Or so you thought.'

'Hey!'

'Kidding' I heard Danny's laugh fade.

I went to my room and found a pair of lounge pants and a hoodie. I slipped into the hot water minutes later, feeling the hot water sooth my achy body. I let my mind wander. It stopped on my name. I think I'm gonna change it back sometime.

My bath probably took about an hour, but it was something that my body needed. I slowly made my way down the stairs and went into the living room where I could here the TV playing. Brian looked up at me.

"Have a good time?" He asked laughing a little.

"Very actually."

"Well, do you want something to eat or drink?"

"No food. A drink would be nice though." I said feeling the dryness of my mouth.

"Alright." He said getting up and making his way into the kitchen. I followed. "How about some Sprite? I know that's good for an upset stomach."

"That's fine." I said giggling a little.

"What are you giggling at?" He asked turning to face me.

"You sound like you're my parent."

"No, I sound like I love you." He went rigid and my jaw dropped a little. Did he mean what I think he means?

************Brian's POV**********

'Crap! Why did I say that?'

'Because you do love her. I know it hasn't been long, but it doesn't really matter. You love her. And she loves you.' Emma said like it was nothing.

"Do you love me?" Ashlyn asked.

I turned around and looked her in the eyes. I love her. Yes, I love her. I want to say it, but I feel like I can't.

'Tell her dumb ass!' Emma was screaming at me. I've learned that not listening to Emma is a bad idea.

"Yes Ashlyn. I love you. But, do you love me too?"

***********Ashlyn's POV************

Of course I love him. What's not to love? But can I say it?

'Say it! You won't regret it!'

I looked Brian square in the eyes. "I love you Brian Haner."

He collided our lips together. I kissed back until I realized something. I pulled away.

"Brian, you'll get sick too."

"I'm already sick."

"What do you mean?"

"Babe, I'm love sick." He said crashing his lips to mine again. I didn't pull away this time. I just couldn't bring myself to do it, even though I should have.

***********Emma's POV*********

I smiled at the scene before me. They had all they would ever need now. Eachother.

"Hey Emma. We did good huh?" Danny asked coming to stand next to me.

"Yeah, we did. Danny?"

"Hmm?"

"I love you." I said. I figured it'd be best to finally get that off my chest.

"Good, because I love you too." He said kissing me. We have found love again. And I'll have to agree with Brian. I'm love sick too.
♠ ♠ ♠
Sorry it took so long to update. My computer is a bitch!

comment are love everybody!