Sieze the Day

Sorry Doesn't Cut It. Or Does It?

"Get out of here." Matt growled from behind me. Brian looked at me questioningly. "You have no right to be here." Matt added to his demand.

"I have every right in the world to see my daughter and my grand-daughter." Brian looked at me again and I watched as anger began to dance across his face.

"I think it in your best interest to leave." Brian snapped finally realizing who it was.

"Oh, who are you?"

"I'm Hayley's fiance' and you had better leave now." The anger dripping out of Brian's mouth was quite intimidating.

"No, I want to speak with my daughter first." My father said taking his first step forward.

"You had better not come any closer." Matt and Brian growled together. My father took another step and the next thing I know, Brain left my side and Matt zoomed past me. Matt and Brian had my father to the ground and were going at him like two lions going after a zebra. The guys, Zacky, Johnny, Jimmy, and the Berrys, made their way slowly to help get the guys off my father. They probably would have let them go if it weren't for the possibility of the two of them going to jail.

Sighing, I wrapped an arm around Dylan's shoulder and grabbed Elizabeth's hand. I turned and we made our way to the girls.

"Hey Val, take these two to your house. We'll all come to your place when this is over."

"Of course sweety. Are you gonna be OK?"

"I think so." I said sighing handing Elizabeth's hand to here and then the others leaving with them, Dylan walking in the center of the group.

I took in a deep breath of air and turned around. The guys were just making it to the scene and began to attempt to pry Brian and Matt off my father. I slowly began to walk to the scene myself.

'Hayley, it's gonna be alright.'

'I hope so.'

'Yeah, well I know so. Let him talk to you.'

'Why should I?'

'Hey the man that he killed is telling you to talk to him. I think your safe.' Danny tried to make it a joke, but that did nothing for me.

'If you say so Danny.'

I finally approached the group. The Berrys were trying to hold Brian back, while Zacky, Jimmy, and Johnny all struggled with Matt. I took another deep breath and let out a sigh.

"Guys!" I yelled with no response. "Guys!" I yelled again with silence following it. "STOP!" I yelled at the top of my lungs. Everyone stopped and looked at me. I glanced at my father who was laying in the ground holding his stomach in pain.

Brian, who was now calmer, made his way to me. "Babe, are you OK?"

"I want to talk to him."

"What!"" I heard a still fuming Matt scream. "Why would you want to do that!"

"Matt, please. This is my choice."

Matt huffed. "Fine, but he makes one wrong move and..."

Brian cut him off, "And he may never see the light of day again." My father gulped at this.

I moved closer to him, leaving about a foot of space in between us. "You have a chance. Don't screw it up."

My dad coughed a little, making him cringe. "I'm sorry."

"Dad, sorry doesn't cut it, especially not for what you did."

He groaned as he tried to stand up and all of the guys moved closer. "I know." He mumbled.

"Then, why try?"

"I want you and your daughter in my life. I want to see her graduate, I want to walk you down the isle in your wedding." I scoffed.

"You will not being doing either of those."

"I know, but I figured I could at least try. I've been looking for you for so long."

"I changed my name and stayed as far away from you as possible."

"I know you did. I wish so bad that I could go back and change that day."

"You and me both. Danny too probably."

"I wish I didn't let blind anger guide me. I hurt you so much, I wish I could change that."

"Yeah, but you can't."

He sighed, "I know."

'Let him have a chance.'

'Why?'

'Just do it. For me?'

'Fine.'

"I guess I can give you a chance."

"No way uh-uh! That is not going to happen!" Matt yelled.

"Matt, I know I don't want her to do this either, but it's her decision." Brain said putting his hand on Matt's chest to stop him from making his way over to me and my father.

"Brain she's..." Brian cut him off.

"Whenever they're together I'll be there, they'll never be alone."

Matt sighed. "Fine. You're right, it's her choice."

"Really?" My dad asked.

"Yes, but as Brian said, I'll never meet with you alone."

"I can deal with that. Can I have a hug before I leave?"

"That is pushing it." I said looking at him. "Here's my number. Call me and we'll set something up."

I turned around and the guys all left with me. They were my shield, from what could happen. What will happen?
♠ ♠ ♠
Drama much? lol. I must say it was need in this story some. Right?

oh, and please read my journal. If you already have, then thanks again for reading. ^_^