Sieze the Day

Dresses

I stood in Zacky's house. He and his crew were buzzing around, making sure everything was fitting right. The bride's maids, Holly, Gena, Leana, Lacey, and Val, were all being fitted in the room next to mine. I had my own group of people, and the girls had their own. Zacky was going back and forth between rooms, monitoring the tailor work.

I was looking in a full length mirror, taking in everything that was going to happen in two weeks. My sleeve came out beautifully, and was fully healed. The dress looked spectacular on me, and I wish my mom could have seen it like I see it now. Elizabeth, who was going to be the flower girl, was off with Brian, her dress was finished. It looked much like mine except it had thick straps similar to that on a tank-top. The tuxes were all done, and looked fantastic. All of the guys looked like wanna-be Synyster Gates', in their fedora hats, I just had to laugh when I first saw them. Matt was the only one who didn't have to wear a hat. He was going to walk me down the aisle and give me away, representing my family, being the eldest male.

That brings me to my father. His trial was a week ago, he was sentence to thirty-five to life in prison, with out bail or the ability to get out on good behavior. I was the only witness in the case, and was the sole factor in his conviction. Matt's happy that he's gone for good. He was sent to a prison in New York. Why, I do not know, but it was what was best for me.

"Hey Hay;ley, take the dress off. It's good to go. And leave it on the bed. You can go see what the girls look like if you want." Zacky said snapping me out of my thoughts.

"Ok, and thank-you again Zacky. This dress is so beautiful."

"Don't think anything of it. It was a privilege to make the attire for my best friends' wedding." He said giving me a quick hug and leaving the room for me to change.

'Hey, look at you. You're so beautiful Hayley. Brian is one lucky man. And if there is one man on that planet that I'd want you to be with, it would be him. He's perfect Hay. He'll take care of you and Elizabeth so well.'

'I know Danny. God! I'm so nervous, but so happy at the same time. I want to throw-up and dance around the room at the same time.'

'Only you Hayley, only you. There's nothing to be nervous about though. Everything will go just fine.

I slid the dress off and left it on the bed. I slipped into the sweat pants and tank-top I was wearing before and left, walking into the room with the girls in it. I entered the room and gasped. They looked gorgeous.

"Look at you guys."

"Ms. Haner-to-be!" They all yelled back, causing me to laugh.

"Looks like I'll have some competition on who's the hottest girl at my wedding huh?"

"What?" Val asked. "None of us would take that spot from you." Val said coming over to me.

"At least you weren't one of those evil brides who made us all dress funny." Holly said scrunching her nose.

"You're welcome for that." I said laughing and hugging the girls.

"So, who are we walking down with again?" Leanna asked causing me to laugh. I'd said it ten times already.

"Alright, Zacky and Val, Holly and Jimmy, Lacey and Johnny, Leanna and Matt B, and then Gena and Jason Berry."

"Oh, OK!" She said before skipping out of the room. We all laughed at her. Her and Jimmy definitely belonged together.

Zacky entered the room. "Well girls, your dresses are done, so you can take them off and hang them up. Hayley, you're dress is hung up, and will be sent to the church the day before the wedding, so it should be there for the wedding rehearsal. Girls, you can take yours home, just make sure not to ruin them. I'll leave so you can change." He said walking out of the room.

"Gena, I must congratulate you on finding an awesome man." Holly laughed as she pulled her dress over her head. "And you too Hayley. Your man is pretty amazing too."

"I know, speaking of Brian, I have to go. Bye girls!" I yelled running out of the room and into Zacky in the hallway. "Than-you again Zack." I gave him a hug. "I have to go now. Bye!" I yelled waving behind me.

I walked into the house and smiled at the sight in front of me. Brian was sleeping on the couch, Elizabeth asleep on his chest and Dylan's head on his shoulder and his arm wrapped around his son's shoulder. I tip-toed into the room, trying not to make a sound as I walked past them and into the kitchen. I heard stirring and turned around. Brian had one eye opened that was focused on me.

"How'd everything turn out at Zacky's?"

"Good, everything went well here it seems."

"Yeah, we were watching a movie and all fell asleep." He said chuckling.

The rumble from his chuckle woke the kids. Elizabeth's head popped up and she looked around. "Hi mommy."

"Hi baby-girl. Why don't you go get ready for bed? Daddy and I'll be up in a minute to tuck you in."

"OK mommy." She said running up the stairs.

"Hey, I think I'm going t ogo to bed too." Dylan said, standing up and stretching. "G'Night Dad. G'Night Mom." He said hugging us both and running up after Elizabeth.

I walked over to Brian and sat in his lap. "Planning a wedding as fun as everyone says it is?"

"It's a thrill alright." I said snuggling into his chest. "I'm so tired. I think I'm going to bed too." I said standing up. "Coming?"

"Yeah." He said standing up. "Let's say good night to the kids and hit the hay." He said following me up the stairs.

The kids were in bed and I was in Brian's arms, laying in our bed. "Hayley?" He asked.

"Yeah Brian?"

"I think at our reception we should sign the adoption papers." We had filed most of the papers to adopt each other's child two days after I had my father arrested. All we had to do was sign one more paper and then we'd both be legal parents of both the children.

"I like that idea." I said with a yawn.

"Good, now let's sleep Ms. Haner-to-be." Brian said, kissing me head. Slowly we drifted off to sleep, where I dreamed of my wedding day.