Sieze the Day

Fifty Years Later

Fifty years have passed since Brian and Hayley wed. Brian had adopted Elizabeth and Hayley adopted Dylan. They also had to kids together, one boy and one girl. The boy, just like Zacky had implied, was conceived during their honeymoon, and was born with the name Brian Elwin Haner the Third. The girl, was born right after Hayley and Brian's fifth anniversary. Her name was Emma Dannielle Haner, she was named after Brian's deceased friend and Hayley deceased ex.

As for Avenged Sevenfold and the gang, the group retired twenty-five years ago, the guys were in their fifties and felt that it was time to stop. But the legacy of Avenged Sevenfold still lived on, they still had loyal fans. And then there was the fact that each of their youngest children followed in their footsteps. Together the five youngest Avenged kids started a band, Suicide Revenge. Emma plays lead guitar, Matt's son David had gotten his pipes from his father, Alexander, Jimmy's only boy, could almost outplay his dad, Johnny's only girl, Roslynn had began to play bass at the tender age of four, and Zacky's baby, Skylar had been able to play guitar before she could even speak. The gang was proud of all their children, not only the ones that continued their legacy.

Dylan had started his own label company at the age of twenty-one. He now has many bands on the bill, but his two main focuses are Suicide Revenge and a band called Death by Night(to later be explained). He is the father of two boys both of which are accomplished singer/songwriters, also on his label.

Elizabeth grew up and went into acting. She is now th highest paid actress in Hollywood, making about fifteen million a picture. She is also the mother of three, two girls and one boy. Her oldest girl followed her footsteps and went into acting. Her middle child, the boy, went off to work with his uncle Dylan in the recording company. Her youngest girl, went to be a music teacher at Huntington High.

Brian the Third, went off and started his own magazine, making him a multi-millionaire, called Metalhead. He is also the father of three, two boys and one girl. The oldest boy went off and became a pro-wrestler. His middle child, the girl, went into music journalism, working alongside him on Metalhead. His youngest boy, was off traveling the world with some symphony orchestra, if I'm right they're in Sydney Australia right now.

And then there was Emma, who you now know is in the band Suicide Revenge with the other youngest Avenged kids. But, she is also a mother of two, two girls. Her youngest followed her mother's footsteps and started a band with the youngest Avenged grandchildren called Death by Night, which is on her uncle's label. The oldest went off to college and is now the CEO for some major record company in Tokyo Japan.

And there you go that is all that has happened in the past fifty years to Hayley and Brian. One thing hasn't changed though, Brian's love for Hayley and Hayley's love for Brian.

******************Hayley's POV****************

Eighty-nine years is not a bad number for a life-span. I got to see the many miracles of life, and the many tragedies. But I experienced the greatest thing of all, watching my children and my grandchildren grow up with the man I love by my side. I watched life coma and go, and now it is my time. Yes, I know that I am dieing. Am I afraid? No, death doesn't scare me anymore. I know I'll see my loved ones again, and be able to spend eternity with Brian.

"Hayley, love?" Brian asked taking my hand in his.

I rolled my head to the side and looked at Brian, tears were running down his face, he knew too. "Yes Brian?"

"You...."

I cut him off. "I know baby, I know."

But, you cannot leave me."

"But, I must."

"No."

"Yes. Brian let me promise you something, OK?" He nodded. "I promise you that I will wait for you at St. Peter's gates."

"Promise?"

"Have I ever broken a promise Brian?"

"Well, no."

"There you go." I said taking in a sharp, agonizing breath.

"I love you Hayley." Brian said, leaning down and touching his lips to my own, our last kiss for now, my kiss of death.

All I could see was blackness. There was no pain, it was if I had drifted off into a peaceful slumber. Only, this one would last for eternity. I felt and intensely bright light on my eyelids. Curiosity getting the best of me, I opened them. I couldn't see anything for a little while, but my eyes eventually adjusted to the light, and I assessed my surroundings. I stood on a ground of fluff, and realized it was cloud, next to me was w fence and a grand gate, both made out pure white pearl and solid gold. I looked in between the bars and saw streets of gold and buildings made of precious gems.

I l followed the fence until I came to a building. I went to the window and an old, frail man appeared.

"Name please." He asked kindly.

"Um, Hayley Isabella Haner."

"Hmmm," He said running his long fingers down the pages of a book. "Yes, here you are. You may go in." As soon as he said this, the gate opened.

"Oh, but I cannot."

"And why is that?"

"I promised I'd wait for him."

"Ah, you are the one. Very well, if that is your wish." He said this and the gates slammed shut. I turned around, but stopped when I heard my name,

"Hayley!" Yelled a voice that I would never forget.

I peered into the gate and noticed Danny. "Danny!"

"I must ask why you did not enter." The voice of an angel traveled to me.

"You must be Emma." I said and she nodded. "Well, I told Brian I'd wait for him."

"I see." She nodded again.

"It won't be too long Hayley." Danny said with a soft smile.

"He's right my dear, not too long." I heard another familiar voice, Papa Gates. He looked as he had many years ago, as he did when he was about forty-some odd years old.

"Of course he won't be dad," I looked to his left, there stood Suzy, "mom."

They smiled at me before walking back to wherever they were before. "Why did they look so young?"

"Well, when you die, your spirit goes on, in the age when you were happiest, most of the time it is when you are younger than when you had passed."

"So, does that mean..."

Emma stopped me. "That you are young and youthful again?" I nodded. Of course it does." She said with a smile, pointing to a mirror hanging off the fence.

I walked over to it and gasped, I looked as I had when I married Brian, young, youthful. Not anything like I had looked when I had passed.

"I'm sorry to say this Hayley, but we must go."

"Sure, Danny. See you later." I said waving.

******************************************************************

Two months went by, Hayley waited, faithful to Brian. She watched as her family moved on, and smiled when her first great-grandchild was born, to Dylan's oldest.

Another week passed, and while Hayley slept lightly, a new arrival came, causing her to wake.

*******************Hayley's POV*****************

I awoke from a slumber as another joined the afterlife. I could tell from afar that it was a man. And as he stood, I realized who that ma was. The love of my life and my afterlife. Brian stood up, stumbling around, finding his legs again. He did as the many before him did, looking around in wonder and awe.

He finally made his way to the old man who had once gave me the go-ahead to enter the gate. I could hear them from where I stood.

"Name please." The old man said in the same pleasant tone.

"Brian Elwin Haner Junior."

"Hmmm," The man made the same motions until he found the name. "Yes, here you are. You may enter." The gates opened and I watched Brian's back move as if he were sighing.

I took this as my chance, and I ran straight for Brian's back, landing on him and knocking him over.

"What in the..." He stopped when he heard me giggle.

"Hayley?"

"Yes sir."

Brian stood and pulled me to his front. "Hayley!" He yelled as we spun around.

"Brian!" I screamed in return.

"I missed you." He said as he stopped spinning and kissed me on the lips.

"I love you Brian! And look! We are young again!" He laughed and looked at me.

"You waited."

"Well, I promised."

"That you did. Well my love, are you ready to enter the afterlife together?"

"Of course." I said as he carried me bridal style over the threshold of Heaven's gates. This was it, eternity with the man I love. Nothing could be better than this.
♠ ♠ ♠
Well, this is the end. I said in the last one that there would be a chapter and then an epilogue, but that was a typo, there is only this, it was kind of an epilogue and last chapter put together. I'm sad to say good-bye to this, but I'm happy with how it turned out. Thank-you for being loyal readers. I love ya! ^_^