Sieze the Day

The Master Plan

********Ashlyn's POV*********

I had just gotten off the phone with Brian. He asked if Elizabeth and I wanted to go to dinner with him and Dylan. Of course I said yes, but the funny thing is, I think Elizabeth is more excited then I am. And in a way it scares me. I have dated since Danny died, but every time that I tell them, or show them Elizabeth, they'd run. She never really got to know them, so it didn't hurt her. It's just, she seems so attached to him already, and what if it doesn't work. I can't see her heart broken.

"Mommy!" Elizabeth yelled from upstairs.

"Yes baby-girl?" I hated that I got into the habit of calling her that. That was what myfather man who killed Danny called me.

"Come help me!" I laughed at the urgency in her voice.

I made my way up the stairs and started to go down then hall. I looked up from the floor to see clothes flying out of Elizabeth's door. I stood in front of her door, shaking my head. "I swear Elizabeth, I think you're a teenager going on your first date, not a five-year-old going out to dinner with her mother's friend, his son, and her mother." I said dodging a pair of pant flying my way.

I walked into her room and helped her get dressed into clothes that she approved of.

'What am I going to do with her when she's a teenager?' I asked myself in my head.

'That is something I wish I would be there for.' Danny said in my voice solemnly. 'To be able to throw a punk out of my house because he would never be good enough for my daughter, of course no one would ever be.'

'Danny, I'm sorry.'

'There is nothing for you to be sorry for. You are not responsible for your father's actions. And anyways, I'm sure Brian will be more than willing to beat up a couple punks for me.' Danny said. His laughter fading away.

I finished helping Elizabeth and went to my own room. 'Now, what should I wear?'

********Brian's POV********

'God! What do I wear? I want to look good, but what if I dress up too much? Should I dress casually? Ugh! I sound like a chick going on her first date!' I yelled at myself in my head. 'What if she doesn't even like me?' I sighed after thinking this.

'Brian, you are an idiot.' Emma's voice flooded my own.

'Why's that?'

'You can't truly believe that she won't like you because of something you wore?'

'Kinda.'

'She isn't that superficial. She's a single mother, when you have a child, looks don't tend to matter as much as personality. And Brian, my dear, yo have a lot of personality.' Her voice faded away.

Sighing again, I picked out a black button-up shirt and a pair of jeans. I quickly ran some gel through my newly cut hair before walking down the stairs. Dylan was waiting for me, arms crossed and legs bouncing. 'He's as impatient as his mother' I thought.

' I heard that!' Emma screamed in my head causing me to smile slightly.

"Come on dad. It's quarter to seven. We're gonna be late." Dylan said standing up and walking out the front door. I followed and then we were off.

*******Danny's POV*******

I was standing, side-by-side with Emma. When Ashlyn met Brian, I met Emma. After the two of us conversed about my ex-lover and her high school beat friend, we had come to a mutual decision. If these two were to be with anyone, it was eachother. Brian was already a dad to Dylan, he would be the same loving man to my Elizabeth that he was to Dylan. Emma had no worries of Ashlyn being a bad mother to Dylan. That was when we came up with 'The Master Plan'. Working together, the two of us would make sure that Brian and Ashlyn ended up together.