London

Chapter 2

“So, uh, do you come here all the time?” Meagan asked as she took her cup of coffee to the table with Landon.

“Yeah, this is a popular place for all the chums at school to come to.” Landon told her as he blew on his hot tea. The steam blew over towards Meagan before it evaporated into the air around her.

Meagan smiled a little and took a sip and let the vanilla coffee slide down her throat. “What school is that?”

“The London School for Boys, very prestigious.” Landon boasted. “That school is only for the best and wealthiest families in England. Five generations of my family have gone there.”

Meagan nodded her head. She was really beginning to hate Adrienne’s permission for her to go. She would rather be listening to dripping water than Landon. “Uh,” She racked her brain for a new topic. “Are you into Green Day?”

“Hmmm?”

Apparently Landon hadn’t been paying that much attention to her.

“Oh, oh,”

He seemed to have snapped back to reality.

“No, no, not really. I’m more into hip hop and stuff. My Dad’s just a rep and I tagged along to see if I could make any connections.” Landon pulled out his phone and began to check it.

“Oh. I’m more into rock and old school punk and stuff. You pick that up when you’re around Uncle Billie too long.” Meagan said as she watched Landon rudely text on his phone.

Landon looked up at a spot around her head and groaned, “Oh no.”

Meagan’s eyebrows furrowed in confusion. “What?”

“Dan.” Landon spat at the back of a guy at the register buying a coffee. “We go to school together and I can’t stand him.”

Meagan turned around and saw the guy pay the cashier and turn around. “Oh my God, is that Daniel Radcliffe?”

“Yeah.” Landon muttered. “Oh, precious Harry Potter.”

Just as Landon said that, Daniel turned around and walked over to them, his to-go cup in hand. “Hey, Landon. How’s it going?”

“Fine.” Landon said, glaring at Daniel in the politest way possible.

Daniel, getting the idea, nodded and started to turn. “Hi, I’m Daniel.” He held out his hand to Meagan, whom he had just noticed sitting there quietly with Landon.

“Meagan.” Meagan took his hand and shook it firmly.

“Megan.” Daniel repeated as their hands bobbed in the air.

“Meagan.” Meagan corrected as their hands were still hanging midair, up and down. “May-gan.”

Daniel grinned. “Meagan.”

Meagan laughed a small laugh. “There you go Danny. Um,” She looked down and their hands were still shaking.

“Daniel.” Landon interjected. Daniel looked at his classmate who nodded to his and Meagan’s shaking hands. “I’m kind of on a date.”

“Oh, right.” Daniel dropped Meagan’s hand. “I’ll see you later then. Bye Meagan.”

“Bye.” Meagan waved him and watched him exit the shop, he looked over his shoulder at her before he exited completely. “Um,” Meagan chanced a glance at Landon who was once again absorbed in his tea and phone. “I’m going to the bathroom.”

Landon simply waved her away as she stood up and walked quickly to the front door.

“Hey! Hey! Wait up!” Meagan ran after Daniel trying not to yell out his name for fear of someone hearing. He was only a few feet up but she was afraid she would loose him in the jostling crowd.

Daniel turned to find the girl from the coffee shop running towards him. “Well hello again.”

“Hey. Um,” Now Meagan felt really embarrassed and had absolutely nothing to say. “I had to ditch Landon; he was giving me a migraine.”

Daniel began a slow but steady pace that Meagan fell in quick step in next to him. “But I thought you were on a date with him?”

“What? No. He put me on the spot and I couldn’t get out of it without being mean and I try not to be mean all the time.” Meagan assured him as her heart beat in a giddy time in her chest. She was walking and talking with Daniel Radcliffe.

“So you’re mean?” Daniel teased as they stopped at a crosswalk.

Meagan realized what she had said. “No, at least not to some people. I can be pretty mean when I want to.”

“Ah,” Daniel nodded his head. “That makes all the difference in the world.”

“It really does.” Meagan replied as she looked around at the London scenery. This was her first time to come to London after all. “It’s so pretty here.”

“Is this your first time in London?”

“Yeah,” Meagan sighed. “I’ve been all over the world with those guys but they have never brought me here until now.”

Daniel gave her a curious look as he threw his empty coffee cup in a trash bin. “Those guys?”

“My uncle and his band mates.” Meagan replied without thinking. “My uncle is Billie Joe Armstrong of Green Day.” She explained when she saw Daniel’s confused look.

“Are you serious?” Daniel grinned. “I got tickets to their show this weekend.”

“Do you really? Maybe I’ll see you there. . . . or not if one of the kids come. My job is to baby-sit them when the guys are in shows and interviews and stuff.”

Daniel nodded his head. “Awesome. I hope they don’t because you look like a fun person to mosh with.”

“You mean they actually allow you in the mosh pit? Wouldn’t they be afraid you’d get hurt?” Meagan teased, not realizing she was touching a sore spot.

Daniel pursed his lips. “Yeah, well, my philosophy has become ‘What they don’t know won’t hurt them.’”

“Daredevil?”

“No. Just a normal guy wanting to have fun.” Daniel replied softly as a girl goggled them as they walked by. “I don’t get a lot of normal fun so I take it every chance I get.”

Meagan nodded. “I understand.”

The two walked in silence for a bit in silence. Daniel was the first to break it. “Have you ever done that Mrs. Punk?” He looked down at her with an impish grin on his features.

Meagan was confused. “Done what?”

“Double-decker.” Daniel nodded to where a bright red double-decker bus was loading. “Come on. I don’t even know you but I want to have fun and you probably want to see the sights.” He held out his had to her, which she took with the slight guilt in the pit of her stomach of what would happen if her uncle found out.