Sequel: Faithfully Yours

Lots of Love, Mike

"It was wonderful"

Jessie and Rachel sat there watching and taking everything in. After they'd played about 6 songs the guys stopped and the girls stood up and cheered and clapped.

Billie could see Jessie's face. She looks proud of me thought Billie. I feel proud to be playing to her.

Billie's mom was doing an overnight shift at the diner that evening so they ordered in some pizzas and sat around in the basement with a few beers and some joints. Jessie had never tried a joint and Stella had always gone on about them.

She was a little scared but Billie was kind. He didn't laugh at her. Just told her to be careful. He sat quite close to her then he put his arm around her shoulder protectively. She liked his arm there and didn't want him to take it away. He didn't.

Mike and Rachel were singing away to some Ramones songs and Billie and Jessie just relaxed back on the huge beanbags, Billie still with his arm round her. It felt so comfortable.

They talked about the band and what Billie wanted to do with it. He noticed how interested Jessie was in his music. Suddenly he got up and said to Mike that he wanted to show Jessie the songs he had written. Mike was shocked, even he hadn't seen the book in which he'd written all his songs. It was sacred. 'Billie's Bible' Mike secretly called it.

Mike suddenly felt overcome with tiredness and decided to call it a night. He hadn't felt well for a few days. His throat was sore and he felt shivery as though he was coming down with a cold.

"Goodnight folks" he said to everyone.

"Night Mike" they all said.

"I hope you feel better tomorrow," said Jessie concerned.

"Thanks Jessie. See you in the morning." and he came over and gave Jessie a hug.

Billie sat explaining the songs to Jessie as they drank more beer and shared another joint. She was so engrossed that she didn't notice Rachel had fallen asleep. She looked so peaceful.

"Awww poor Rachel. She's not used to drinking. Her dad is real strict. My dad lets me have the odd glass of wine or beer at home so I suppose I'm used to it," said Jessie.

Billie got up and got a blanket out of the cupboard and covered Rachel over with it.

God he's so thoughtful thought Jessie.

"Do you want to get some air?" Said Billie.

"Yeah. It's a little stuffy and the beer has gone to my head. Hey Mike said you have a lovely garden with a little summerhouse in his letters to Stella."

"Oh yeah. Its Mom's really. She's done it up lovely, it's got a sofa and rugs and little curtains. She often goes down there when we play, as it gets a little noisy for her sometimes in the house. She can look out at her garden then too." Said Billie. "Come on. I'll show you it," he said.

The summerhouse was lovely and the garden was immaculate.

"Your Mom must love her gardening," said Jessie

"She does," said Billie looking at Jess and feeling weird inside.

"Hey, white roses" she suddenly said looking over at a large rose bush. "I love white roses, they're my favourite".

Suddenly Billie went over to the white rose bush and picked a rose off and came back towards Jessie and handed it to her.

She blushed. "Thank you," she said putting it up to her nose and sniffing at the rose.

Billie was quiet for a moment so Stella turned to him to see if he was OK. As she did so Billie kissed her full on the lips. It was wonderful his lips were so soft but strong at the same time and his breath smelt slightly of beer. The kiss grew longer and more passionate and she could feel his tongue in her mouth.

Billie edged Jessie over to the sofa and they fell down onto it. Billie's hands started roaming her body and she didn't stop him.

**
The next day they had some lunch before the girls headed off on the bus to Berkeley.

Mike came over and gave Jessie a tight squeeze.

"That's an extra hug that you must pass on to Stella," he said.

"Of course Mike" said Jessie. "I can't wait to tell her about our time here but I have to be careful as she'll get a bit upset that she wasn't here to share it with us."

"Tell her not to worry as I'm going to get to meet her one day, whatever happens. I just know it." Said Mike.

"I'll tell her." Said Jessie smiling at Mike and giving him another hug.

Mike gave Rachel her goodbye hug and said if she was ever in town that they must all meet up again as Rachel was fun

Billie and Jess were holding hands and looking into each other's eyes.

"How long do you think it will be until we meet again?" said Billie

"Who knows?" says Jessie.

"I hope not too long," said Billie

"Me too. Remember. I'm going to travel the world with Stella. This will be our first stop and when you are a major rock star you must come and visit us in England." She laughed.

They hugged each other tight then.

"Jess?" Said Billie squeezing her so tight she could hardly breath for a second.

"Yes"said Jessie.

"I love you," he whispered into her hair.

"Oh Billie" she whispered back. " I love you" and they held on tight to each other.

They finally pulled away from their hug and looked at each other again. They had tears in their eyes. Billie quickly wiped his away but Jess let hers fall. Billie gently wiped a tear from her face.

The bus came then and Jessie got onto the bus and sat by the window seat her eyes constantly on Billie's.

Billie looks lonely and sad thought Mike. He's got it bad.

Billie watched Jess disappear down the road and off towards Berkeley, then she'd be going on to San Francisco then she'd be leaving his country and going back to England. It seemed so far away. Would he see her again?

England...

Dear Stella

I had to write you before Jessie got back. We had a wonderful time and she is such a fun girl. Billie has got it bad for her and they've promised to meet up when they're older. It would have been great for you to be here and I must admit I was jealous when they were together. I think they kissed. They suited each other, which is amazing. I've never seen Billie like that over anyone before. But he's been acting weird since she's gone as though he's got loads more energy. I think if he stops he thinks of Jessie and he gets upset. He's written a couple of songs since she's gone and we've actually sung one of them, its awesome Stella.

The band is going great. Someone approached us the other day quite seriously saying that we had something. I couldn't believe it. Billie is so excited about the band I think we're going to try and do something about it. We got into the Gilman again but this time didn't get thrown out. Billie just so loves it there. Well we both do. I agree with him now I think we could play there when we're a little older. I feel more confident about our band.

Thank you so much Stella for the plectrums. I shall treasure them but I don't feel as though I can use them. I've put them safely away in their little box. Thank you.

Jessie has taken loads of pictures of us together, I hope you enjoy looking at them but don't feel too sad that you weren't here. I'm sure your time will come. When you and Jessie are old enough to travel the world, Billie and me shall be waiting for you both.

My work at the diner is going good. I've decided that if I don't get to make it in the band ill try and own a diner one day and make that my career. I have an idea for a name for it already. I'd love to call it Rudy's Can't Fail Cafe. Who knows may be I'll own a diner and be in a famous rock band? I love having dreams do you? What do you dream about? What do you want to do Stella?

Write soon

Love from

Mike x


Stella felt sick with jealousy. Oh my god they had a wonderful time. What did she want? Would she have wanted them to have a crap time? For them not to have enjoyed each other's company? No of course not. She was jealous because she wanted to share it with them.

Yeah. What did I want to do with my life? Who knew? I loved photography and planned to study it when school ended but that was all I knew. Did I want to marry and have kids? Of course, but that all seemed such a long way off.

Jessie was due back in two days and she couldn't wait to see her to find out how it all went and to see some new pictures of her Mike. My Mike. Why did I call him my Mike?

Two days later

"Get in here quick and tell me all about it" I said to Jessie opening the front door to her. She looked tanned and gorgeous and her eyes sparkled.

"Oh Stella. It was so wonderful" she said.

"Come upstairs and show me all the photographs." Said Stella. "What were the boys like?"

"Well" said Jessie all thoughtful. "Mike is taller than I thought, he stood head and shoulders above me and Billie, well he's shorter than I thought but they are such lovely guys and we'd have so much fun with them if they lived round here Stella." Said Jessie.

"Did you hear them play?" said Stella

"Fucking yeah. Oh my god they were so awesome. Mind blowing. Billie showed me a huge book with some songs he'd written. Mike actually said to me that even he hasn't seen some of them. They are amazing Stella. You should read some of the songs he's written. He's written this one about when his Dad died. Can't remember but it had something to do with September in it. He said he wrote it but will probably never sing it as it makes him so sad. He's really talented and well... he told me he loved me."

"My god, Jessie he didn't? Do you love him? Did you tell him you did?"

"Yeah he did. I love him too and, yes I did tell him, it was just the most natural thing to do. I already miss him so much. As soon as I'm old enough I'm going back to see him. You'll love him."

Stella didn't want to talk about Billie; it was Mike she wanted to hear more about.

"How was Mike?"

"Mike is so funny and kind and considerate. He and Billie are real close. More than brothers even. Mike seemed a bit sad though; I think it was because you weren't there. He loved your present by the way and he gave this for me to give to you."

Stella opened the gift. It was a silver pen and on it was inscribed. To Stella, Lots of Love, Mike xx' There was a little note with it.

"Dear Stella. This is for you because you couldn't come and spend the holidays with us. I missed you even though I haven't met you. Is that weird? Don't ever stop writing, lots of love, Mike."

"Oh its gorgeous" said Stella. "Hey, show me the photographs then" she said still holding on to her pen.

They emptied out the photos onto the bed and looked through them. Stella thought Mike looked as handsome as ever.

She noticed the ones of Billie and Jessie. My god they look good together she thought. Look at them smiling away in those shots. They do look as though they are in love. Oh my god Jessie must have it bad.

She looked up at her best friend.

"You and Billie look good together Jess," said Stella.

Jessie's eyes started welling up with tears.

"Stella I really love him. I know I get stupid over boys and fall in love easily but this is real Stella. What I felt for all those other boys was nothing. Stella I really want to be with Billie and I don't know what to do about it."

"Come here" said Stella hugging her friend. She was envious of her friend for feeling like this. Would she ever get to feel like this over anyone? While hugging her friend she looked down at the photographs and could see Mike's face grinning away at her. I wonder... if I had gone to America would I have felt like this over you? She thought.

3 months later...

California.


Dear Mike

Whatever you do, please don't let Billie read this letter. You mustn't. Oh my god I don't know what to say. Jessie is pregnant and she says Billie is the father...