Sequel: Faithfully Yours

Lots of Love, Mike

The arrival of Tre

At the Gilman...

"Here they come," said Jess. Her and Stella were squeezed right up at the front of the barrier at the front of the stage. They'd been waiting for half an hour for the guys to come on. They were getting hot but the atmosphere was electric. They'd watched another band called The Lookouts and had discussed that the drummer must be THE Tre Cool that the guys had mentioned earlier.

"Wow look at Mike and Billie. They look so professional," said Stella.

Jess and Stella jumped up and down and waved their arms about. Billie winked at Jess and Mike nodded towards Stella. The guys rocked the place down and Stella was in her element watching Mike. Billie was leaping around the stage like a mad man and Stella glanced quickly over at Jess watching him. Awww. She fucking loves that guy thought Stella. Do I love Mike? How can I? I've only just met him. I know one thing I love the way he plays and I love this band Green Day and so does everyone around us. They fucking rule she thought.

At the end of their set the crowed cheered and then slowly started dispersing. Stella and Jess made their way to the back of the stage where the guys said they'd meet them and they were there talking to someone quite official looking. Then they started shaking hands with this guy and once he had gone they started jumping about the place.

"Jess," shouted over Billie. "Come here. You've got to hear this," he said.

"What is it?" she said.

"That guy that was just there" said Billie. "He wants us to record an EP just a few songs on vinyl so that kids can buy it. I can't believe it. He wants to get us a record and get people to buy it. Do you think they'll want to?" he said.

"Of course they will. We would buy it wouldn't we Stella?" she said turning to her friend who couldn't quite take her eyes from Mike's sweaty body.

"Yeah most definitely" said Stella turning to her. "Well done guys, we'll be your first customers," she laughed.

"Right. I need a beer and a joint," said Mike. "Lets get home. Anyone coming?"

"Yeah" said everyone all at once

Later...

The guys were in the basement lounging around and feeling lazy with the Ramones playing in the background and the beer was flowing freely and occasionally someone would light a joint and pass it round.

"I love it here" said Jess.

"I love having you here" said Billie.

"I might not go back," she suddenly said.

"Then don't," said Billie matter of factly.

"Could I get work here doing hairdressing?" she said

"Fuck it baby, everyone needs their hair cut, of course you could" he said.

"Do you mean it Jess?" Stella suddenly said looking at her friend. Was she drunk? Probably not. She knew how badly Jess wanted to be with Billie.

"Yeah I do. I feel as though I should be here."

"Then stay baby, I feel as though you should be here too" said Billie snuggling up to her.

"Are you serious Jess?" said Mike

"Very serious" said Jess.

"Are you two in love?" said Mike.

Jess and Billie looked at each other and said "Yes" at exactly the same time.

"Oh get a room," said Stella laughing.

"We may just do that," said Billie standing up and taking Jessie's hand. "Night guys" said Billie.

"Goodnight" said Mike and Stella together.

Jess didn't even blush she just said "goodnight" and let Billie lead her away.

"Oh my god they're so in love" said Stella.

"Yeah. I can see it now" said Mike. "You can just see that they are meant for each other"

"I'm surprised she won't come back home though, not even to get her stuff and see her parents"

"She may. She's had a drink remember. She'll probably want to go back with you and sort stuff out"

"Yeah. I think she should. Hey Mike did you ever mention anything to Billie about, you know, when Stella... got rid of the baby" she said.

"Not a thing. Did she know that I knew?" said Mike.

"Yes but she was a little scared that you'd tell Billie"

"Do you think she'll tell him?" said Mike.

"Well she told me she would," said Stella.

"I think she should," said Mike.

"I do too" said Stella starting to yawn.

"You ready for bed" said Mike

"More than ready. It's been a long day and we've got that party tomorrow. I need my beauty sleep," she said.

"Don't be silly you're beautiful enough" said Mike suddenly looking away.

"Well. I need to get some rest after that long journey and that awesome gig that I watched tonight" she said standing up. "Goodnight Mike." She said bending to kiss him as he was still sitting down.

"Good night Stella. Sweet dreams" he said

They will be if they are of you she thinks.

In Billie's room...

"Oh Billie. What will your mom say if she knows I'm sleeping with you?" Jess said.

"I don't think she'd mind," said Billie. "Look we're 17 now Jess. Its not as if we're 14. Can you believe we did it back then" said Billie. "I've never forgotten that night. It was just so right wasn't it?" he said. "How stupid were we though, we were so immature, we didn't even take precautions," he said. "Now that wont happen again" he said pulling out a jumbo box of condoms from his bedside drawer.

"Oh right. Are you planning to use all of those Mr Armstrong?" said Jess.

"Hopefully" said Billie taking off his shirt. Jess felt all tingly just watching him.

"Billie there is something I need to tell you before we go any further" said Jess.

"Oh yeah" said Billie throwing his shirt onto a chair.

"Yes. It's about that night we had in the summerhouse. The night we didn't take precautions"

"Oh right" said Billie seeming puzzled.

Suddenly Jess went very quiet and her eyes filled up with tears.

"Hey Jess. What is it? We don't have to do anything if you don't want to baby. Come here" and he went over to her and hugged her close to him. She loved the warmth and smell of his bare skin, it smelt so masculine.

"No. It's not that. Its about back then" she said.

"What about back then?" said Billie still hugging her.

"First off it was wonderful so you haven't got to worry about that she said sitting up and looking into his eyes.

Billie was confused, what was she trying to tell him.

"Well you know we didn't take precautions," she said.

"Yeah" said Billie. His heart started pounding. What was she telling him?

"Well. When I returned home. I... I found out I was pregnant" she suddenly blurted out.

Billie was quiet.

"Billie please talk to me," she said.

"Fuck" was all Billie said. Suddenly he stood up and started pacing about the room. What was she telling him? They'd made a baby. Did she have it? Lose it? Don't be silly. Why didn't she tell him? Fuck. He was miles from her he should have been there for her.

"I'm so sorry" she said.

He came and sat down next to her.

"Why are you sorry baby? What happened?" he said taking her hand.

"I... I had an abortion Billie," said Jess looking down. She couldn't face looking at him at the moment. She felt ashamed. She started crying.

"Don't cry Jess." Said Billie. He didn't know what to say.

"Please don't cry," he said. Then started crying himself. They hugged each other tightly both of them crying for what had happened.

"Do you hate me?" she said

"Jess how could I hate you... I love you. You did the right thing. I just wish I'd have known. I just wish I could have done something but... you were right... we were 14 what could we have done? Two young kids hundreds of miles away from each other. What could we have done? I wish I'd have known so that I could have comforted you though. Come here" and he pulled her closer to him and he started caressing her hair.

"I love you so much Billie do you think it can work between us?"

"It has to" said Billie "because I love you so much too."

They got into bed then and pulled the quilt over them. They chatted and hugged for hours in each other's arms until sleep came.