Sequel: Faithfully Yours

Lots of Love, Mike

Tre

"Tre!" shouts Billie. "You made it. Come on in man. Come and meet everyone," said Billie.

Stella looked over to see who Billie was talking to and yes it was the guy from the Gilman that they had watched play before Green Day. Tre Cool.

He came bounding in the room with a huge grin and hi-fived Billie.

"Thanks for inviting me." he said noticing Stella. "I couldn't miss out on a party," he said.

"Hey I hear you were approached about recording a record," said Tre.

"Yeah dude," said Billie. "We're going to record a couple of songs for an EP fairly soon."

"Well done." said Tre rubbing his upper arm.

"You OK?" Said Billie

"I think so. Think I over did it tonight." he said, "my arm's aching a bit. What I need is a woman to massage my aching body." He said looking directly at Stella. She's hot he thought.

"Well there's plenty of women here," said Billie looking around "but keep off that one. She's taken," said Billie pointing over at Jess.

"I can see why she's taken," said Tre. "fucking taken by you I bet," said Tre.

"Yep. She's all mine," said Billie looking proudly at Jess.

"Fuck it you've got it bad," said Tre. "When's the wedding?" he said.

"Oh piss off," said Billie. "Come and get a drink."

Stella was standing in the kitchen doorway watching the handsome friendly looking guy. Billie came forward with him and introduced him as they made their way into the Kitchen to get drinks.

"Oh Tre. You must meet Stella. She's over from England for a month with her friend Jess. Jess is my girlfriend," he said. He felt proud to say that.

"Hi." said Tre putting out his hand. Stella went to shake it but then he quickly flicked his hand to his face and put his thumb on his nose and wiggled his fingers at her.

Stella laughed. "Obviously a joker." she said.

"Well I do try, its just that not everyone gets my jokes and most people just think I'm a nutcase" he said twitching his eyebrows up and down over the bluest eyes she'd ever seen, they were bluer even than Mikes.

"Hey what do you want to drink Tre?" shouted Billie over at Tre who was staring at Stella.

"Beer please Billie." said Tre not even looking over at him. He liked Stella's eyes.

Stella wondered where Mike was. She glanced over into the kitchen and he was there talking to a very pretty exotic looking girl with long black wavy hair. She'd not seen her coming in. Who was she?

"Say fuck." said Tre suddenly.

"What?" said Stella, not sure how to take this guy.

"Say fuck." he said his twinkly eyes looking at her.

"Why?" said Stella trying not to laugh.

"Because I want you to say fuck in your English accent," said Tre.

"No." said Stella.

"Please." said Tre pleadingly.

"No. Piss off." said Stella not going to give in to him.

"Oh go on. Tell me to fuck off," said Tre.

"I will in a minute if you don't stop it." replied Stella.

"I won't stop it until I can hear you say fuck." said Tre.

"You're rude you know that," said Stella. This guy was annoying but not that annoying, she couldn't explain it.

"I can be if you want me to be," said Tre. "and I like being talked dirty too"

"Now why doesn't that surprise me," said Stella. What a bizarre guy but something about him was attractive, his face was lovely and his personality.. well..

"Billie!" shouted Tre, "Stella won't say fuck to me," said Tre talking to Billie as he brought Tre's beer over.

"Oh Tre." sighed Billie. "Leave Stella alone will you. Pick on someone else"

"But I want to pick on Stella." said Tre putting out his bottom lip.

"Is he always like this?" said Stella looking at Billie.

"Yeah fucking all the time but you get used to it" said Billie.

"I don't think I could ever get used to it. Oh fuck!" Said Stella as Tre stamped on her foot.

"There. Knew I'd get you to say it," he said.

"You're fucking nuts and that fucking hurt," said Stella bending down to rub her foot.

"Nice one. Two fuckings in one sentence." said Tre laughing.

The next minute Tre was on his knees and licking Stella's sore foot better.

"Get off," said Stella laughing, "that's tickling me" she said trying to get her foot away from him.

"Oooh, so you like being tickled do you?" said Tre jumping up and tickling Stella in the ribs.

She doubled up with laughter. When she stood up Tre suddenly but gently planted a kiss on her lips. He tasted all beery but his lips were soft and moist and she quite liked it.

"What was that for?" she said, stunned. Their faces were inches apart, he hadn't moved away.

"Well I felt like kissing you so I did." Said Tre. "Anyways, catch you later" said Tre and the next instant he was off out into the garden. Probably to annoy someone else thought Stella putting her hands up to her lips where they'd kissed.

"Hey I see you met Tre," said Mike coming over.

"Oh my god yes." said Stella. "He's a nutcase."

"We know but everyone loves him for it. You really do get used to it. He's harmless and lovable and a talented drummer" said Mike.

"Yeah I remember him playing last night." Said Stella still gobsmacked from meeting the Tre guy.

"You know I think Billie wants him to play for us but who knows. We have John." Said Mike taking a sip from his beer.

"Where is John anyway?" said Stella.

"Oh he didn't feel to good so he didn't come." said Mike looking into Stella's eyes. Her eyelashes were longer in real life he thought.

"Hi Mike," said a quiet voice from behind them. Stella turned and it was the girl with the long curly dark hair looking all loved up at Mike.

"Hi Anastasia." said Mike. "You must meet Stella. Stella this is Anastasia. She lives up the street and sometimes comes round to listen to us play. Billie's mum and her mum are great friends."

"Hi." said Anastasia. She was even prettier up close thought Stella.

"Hi." said Stella. You're prettier than I thought you'd be thought Anastasia.

"Have you heard the guys play?" said Anastasia.

"Yes. We were at the Gilman last night" said Stella.

"Oh Mike," said Anastasia "you didn't tell me that you were gong to the Gilman. "I'd have loved to have come if I'd have known."

"Oh sorry Anastasia. I did promise to get you some tickets didn't I? How about you come the next time we play. Next Friday I think we'll be there."

"I'd love to," said Anastasia looking up at Mike.

Anastasia likes Mike thought Stella. Who wouldn't? What chance do I stand? Anastasia lives down the road and I live in England. I have a month with Mike and she... she can have as much time with him as she wants with him.

Mike went off to get the girls some drinks.

"How long are you here for?" said Anastasia.

"About a month. May be just over. We've saved up so long for this trip," said Stella.

"Mike often talks of you. He's showed me some of your pictures. It's unbelievable that you've written to each other for so long. I think its fantastic," she said.

"Yes it's amazing. I remember when I first received Mike's letter everyone at school laughed as they said we'd have nothing in common. Well I've proved them wrong." said Stella.

"I'm glad," said Anastasia. "I wish I had someone to write to. Sometimes it's easier to write to people than to talk to them. I mean I just love reading letters, they're so personal. I hope you and Mike go on writing for a long time," she said.

"I hope so too." said Stella. She liked this Anastasia. She thought she might have been trouble. It was obvious that she liked Mike but did Mike like her?

Mike came back with the drinks then.

"Hey is your name short for Estelle?" Anastasia suddenly said.

"No. Its just plain old Stella" said Stella

"That's not plain at all," said Anastasia.

"It is compared to yours. 'Anastasia'. It sounds so exotic," said Stella

"Hardly." said Anastasia laughing. "No it's just that I love the name Estelle. If I have a little girl, that's what she'll be called"

"Very pretty." said Mike.

"I think Estelle means 'stars' you know," said Stella

"Does it?" said Mike. "Even prettier. That must mean that Stella must have some star sort of meaning too." said Mike.

Suddenly Tre was back.

"Right you," he said to Stella "time for a dance don't you think?"

"May be I don't want to dance," said Stella stubbornly.

"Now don't tell me you don't want to dance with THE Tre Cool," he said.

"Not really." said Stella. May be she did though.

"Oh. Playing hard to now get are we?" said Tre.

"Maybe." said Stella.

But he wouldn't take no for an answer this Tre Cool. He took Stella's hand and gently kissed it, looked up at her and.. well how could she refuse. His hand was firm and strong in hers. Drummer's hands. His eyes were gorgeous she thought her mind taken from Mike for an instant.

"How can I refuse?" she suddenly said and let Tre lead her off to the dance floor for a dance.

Mike watched her go. I wish I could be like Tre and just go ahead and ask someone to dance like that. If I had asked her would she have said yes? Who knew? I'm too scared to take it further with Stella in case it spoils what we have.

"Shall we go in the garden Mike and get some air?" says Anastasia suddenly.

"Yeah why not." said Mike dragging his eyes away from Tre and Stella.

Stella glanced over at Mike leaving the room with Anastasia. I wish it had been you that had asked me to dance she thought but may be we should just leave things as they are. We get on so well. We don't want to spoil what we have now do we.

**

I must admit thought Stella it does feel wonderful standing here dancing in Tre's arms. His arms are strong and muscular and he has wrapped them round me and he is holding me close. My arms are wrapped around his neck and I can feel his bleached hair tickling my arm. We sway along in time to the slow song. This feels good thinks Stella realising that she had never danced with a guy in her life before, and dancing with Tre made her feel all tingly inside.

Suddenly even before the song had ended, Tre breaks free from their swaying position.

"I could do with a drink." he says and grabs Stella's hand and pulls her out to the kitchen.

He changes like the wind she thinks. One minute all serious, the next larking about like a clown.

There's loads of people that Tre knows in the kitchen and he starts messing around with them and then they are all out in the garden doing cartwheels and handstands and putting flowers behind their ears. Tre is the instigator in all this of course. Stella doesn't know what she feels for this odd guy. Then she hears giggling. It is Anastasia and Mike, they are nearby but she can't see them, just hear them.

"Why don't you ask her out?" said Anastasia she hears.

"I'm not sure," says Mike.

"Do you like her?" she asks.

"Of course I do," replies Mike without hesitating.

"She's very pretty isn't she?" said Anastasia fishing for some information about how Mike felt about Stella.

"Yes, she's very pretty," said Mike.

"So what's the problem then, why not ask her out?" said Anastasia.

"We're so far away from each other. I love writing to her and being her friend. I'm not sure that anything else would work," said Mike.

Stella felt she had heard enough so she walked away then. She had her answer. Mike liked her and wasn't going to take things any further.

What Stella didn't hear was the rest of the conversation.

"If she lived closer would you ask her out?" asked Anastasia.

"Without a doubt," said Mike. "I really like Stella. She's beautiful and we've so much in common. I've never felt like this over anyone before. What can I do about it?" he asked.

"You'll just have to make a decision though Mike," said Anastasia who felt a little sad that Mike thought so much of Stella. He really likes her. What chance do I stand? She thinks.

"Yeah I know. I think I'll just have to leave things as they are. Anyway, I'll go and get us another drink shall I?" He said to Anastasia heading off to the kitchen.

Just outside the door to the Kitchen stood Stella. Jess came over to her with another drink. Mike could hear them talking.

"Hey Stella, are you OK? Have you met that Tre guy? Isn't he great?" she said.

God you look so happy thinks Stella.

"I'm fine Jessie and yes I've met Tre, he's such a lovely guy, and so funny he's made me laugh all evening."

"How do you feel about Mike though?" said Jessie.

"I like Mike." said Stella looking down.

"Now is he as good looking as you thought he'd be?" asked Jessie.

"Yeah. Better even." She replied.

"Would you want to take things further with him?"

"How can we Jessie? We live so far apart. I think it's best we remain friends don't you?"

Mike had his answer. He grabbed his drinks and left the kitchen.

"But you like him a lot. What if he asked you out, asked you to stay here even and give it a try?"

"You know. Like you there's nothing in England for me. I think I'd probably stay and try and make a go of it with Mike but I heard him say to Anastasia that it would be better if we just stayed friends. So that's it. I'll be going home to England." She said.

"Oh Stell. May be it's for the best," she said hugging her friend.

"Yeah may be" said Stella.

That night...

Stella was having trouble sleeping. She got up and put the light on for a while, looking over at Jessie's empty bed. Oh Jessie you and Billie are so in love. Just then there is a noise at the window. Probably a bird or a cat she thinks but the noise gets louder. What the hell is that? She thinks. Is it somebody throwing stones at the window? She goes over to check and there is this face grinning at her. Tre's face.

She opens up the window.

"Fucking hell woman I thought you'd never hear me. Are you deaf or something?" he says climbing in.

"Come in why don't you?" Stella says sarcastically.

"Thanks I will," said Tre, already in.

"What do you want? It's late," said Stella checking her watch. "Shit its 1am, Tre what are you thinking?"

"I just thought I'd pay you a little visit. Got any booze up here?" he asks looking around.

"No. Just a glass of water"

"Joints?" he asks.

"No Tre, no joints" what is this guy up to, he's a lovable nutcase.

"OK then," said Tre going over to the spare bed, getting onto it and then jumping up and down like a trampoline.

"Tre get down, someone will hear you." whispers Stella.

"Oh yeah." said Tre getting down and then getting into Stella's bed.

"What are you doing?" she said astounded at this guy's cheek.

"Making myself comfortable." Said Tre.

"Oh right" said Stella standing there and not knowing what to do next.

"I like." said Tre pointing at Stella's short little nightdress that had a kitten on it. Normally she wouldn't have wanted anyone to see that. Shit. Why had she brought it? Just because it was her favourite

"Piss off," said Stella trying to hide the kitten with her arms but knowing it was too late.

"Are you getting in here or what?" said Tre pulling back the covers. He was still fully clothed but he suddenly lifted his t-shirt up over his head.

Stellas stomach turned over as she tried not to look at his taught chest.

"Hurry and get in." said Tre. "It's getting late and I need my beauty sleep."

Stella didn't know what to do. Oh fuck it she thought going over and getting into bed with Tre. His body was warm and firm and felt good. He wrapped his arms around her and they fell asleep.

**

The sun was streaming through the windows when Stella awoke. She turned. No Tre. Had she dreamt it? She couldn't be sure. How weird. Had it been a dream or not? Did Tre really come into her room last night? May be it was the affects of the joints and drink that she'd had earlier that evening.

There was a knock at the door and Jess came in.

"Hey sleepy head." she said bringing in a cup of coffee and a couple of cookies. "You had a good sleep. Its midday you know," she said.

"Its not is it," said Stella sitting up.

"Yeah. We're all going off into the town in about an hour to have something to eat. Hurry and get ready Stella or we'll miss the bus." Said Jess.

"Fine." said Stella. "Hey Jess did I have loads to drink last night?" said Stella.

"No. I don't think you did but you did have a couple of joints though," she said. "Why? Not feeling too good this morning?" she said laughing.

"No. I feel fine. Just wondering that's all," said Stella thinking about Tre's arms wrapped around her.

"Hey I think that guy Tre is coming too. He's so funny I really enjoyed his company. I think he likes you a little," said Jess.

"No. I think Tre just likes everyone she thinks. Drummer's arms wrapped round me.

"I'll just drink my coffee then I'll get up and shower. I won't be long," said Stella.

She lay back and drank her coffee looking at her pillow where Tre laid in her dream. There was a hair, a bleached hair, definitely not one of hers. It was Tres he HAD been in her bed so it wasn't a dream after all. Oh my god what had I been thinking letting him get into bed with me? Wasn't it Mike that I wanted?