Sequel: Faithfully Yours

Lots of Love, Mike

Going Home

"Hey I've got something for you" said Mike coming into the Kitchen. He hadn't been around when I'd got up and nobody knew where he was.

"Come outside" he said I'd like to give it to you in the garden.

I followed him out into the garden. He gave me a small package like the ones that he sent for my birthday. I opened it, was another charm. This time the letter 'S' in silver.

"Oh Mike its beautiful" I said. "Lets put it onto the bracelet shall we?" I said.

"Can I do it?" Said Mike unclipping the bracelet. I tingled where his fingers were fiddling at the clasp and he was touching my wrist at the same time.

"We've got quite a collection here," he said clipping on the 'S' and then putting the bracelet back on my wrist.

"Thank you" I said standing on tiptoes and giving him a peck on the cheek.

"You're welcome Stella" he said. God he was so shy compared to Tre. Two different guys, both attractive and talented. I liked them both.

"Was Billie with you?" I said. "Jess has been looking for him too."

"No I've not seen Billie," said Mike "but I imagine he is buying something for Jess. God he loves that girl. Is she really coming out here for good?" said Mike.

"It seems like it. She doesn't want to come home but Billie and I have persuaded her otherwise. We said to sort stuff out, say goodbye to family and explain the situation. Tidy up loose ends, you know."

"Yeah I agree with you," said Mike.

"I'm jealous. It's so gorgeous out here."

"Why don't you think about getting work here?" said Mike.

"I hadn't thought of that." Said Stella.

"People will always need pictures taken you know for magazines, newspapers, weddings, anything. What do you think?" he said hopefully.

"You know Mike I'm not ready yet anyway I love my mum and I would miss her so. She has no one else you know," I said looking down. What was I saying? I wanted to be with Mike but couldn't tell him.

"Hey its OK. No ones pressurising you" said Mike "but it would be good to have you around here."

"May be one day," I said. I wanted to come and I knew that I would probably one day but how would Mum cope on her own. I'd have to think real hard about this when I got back.

At that moment Billie came in looking like the cat that got the cream. He was holding on to Jessie's hands and giggling and laughing.

"I've done it," said Billie.

"Done what?" said Mike

"I've asked Jess to marry me and she said yes. Look, I've bought her a ring this morning." He held up Jessie's hand and there on the ring finger was a small solitaire diamond ring. It was so delicate but it suited Jessie's delicate fingers.

"Congratulations dude" said Mike hugging his old friend.

"Come here Jess, congratulations," said Stella to her friend. She had never seen Jess this happy. You are one lucky girl thought Stella.

"Congratulations Billie" I said pecking him on the cheek. "Now make sure you look after her you know," I said laughing.

"Of course I will. I'm never going to let her go," he said.

"Oh but you are, you're making me go back to England to sort my stuff and I don't want to" said Jess.

"How many times Jess it'll only be for a couple of weeks. I really think you should see your parents and tell them don't you?"

"May be but can't we go together later in the year?" said Jess.

"We may be touring then" said Billie "and I want you with me on that. Go back with Stella. Sort out your stuff and then its done."

Jess wasn't convinced. She didn't want to leave Billie for an instant. She was scared to for some reason.

"Hey Mom said we could have a few friends over to celebrate this evening. Lets get on the phone and call everyone," said Billie. "Hey Mike, you go get the numbers and I'll grab the phone" and then they were gone.

"You're really happy aren't you?" said Stella

"Yes, does it show?"

"Just a little" laughed Stella.

"I love Billie so much," said Jess.

"I think we all know that Jess" said Stella "and he sure does love you too."

The next night...

Billie's mum and family and friends round to celebrate the engagement. She had a cake for them too with a little Billie and Jess sitting on the top. Cute thought Stella.

"This is madness," said a voice next to her as they were watching them cut the cake. Tre

"What is madness?" she said not even turning to look at him but taking pictures of the happy couple.

"They're too young. Its stupid" he whispered.

"No it's not, they're in love" whispered Stella snapping away.

"You ever been in love?" whispered Tre

"No. Have you?" Whispered back Stella still not looking at him.

"Yeah" whispered Tre

"Oh. Who with?" whispered Stella.

"This girl with greeny bluey goldey eyes from England who can't make her mind up what she wants" he whispered.

Stella looked at him then and burst out laughing. Tre was standing there in women's clothes, bright red lipstick and dangling earrings. He wiggled his eyebrows in his usual manner.

She couldn't talk for laughter but Tre just stood there as though nothing was wrong.

"You're a fucking nutcase Cool," said Stella.

"Oh, down to calling me by my last name now" said Tre. "Anyway, see you in a bit. Things to do" and then he was gone.

"Hi Stella" said Anastasia.

"Hi there. How are you? Good to see you again" said Stella.

"I'm fine. Have you seen Mike anywhere?" She said.

"Oh. He was here just now," said Stella looking about her but she couldn't see Mike anywhere.

"Are you going to the Gilman Friday?" Said Anastasia.

"Yes, Mike mentioned it this morning. He said you were coming too."

"Yes that's right, we're all going together. I've not been before. I'm so looking forward to it. Mike's lovely isn't he, but then you must think that as you've been writing to him for so long. Has he ever mentioned me in his letters?"

I had to be honest with her. "Actually no. To be quite honest I hadn't heard of you until the other night." Her face looked sad. "But mostly he talks about his music anyway. I daren't tell her that he told me everything from kissing and feeling girls right up to sorting himself out. Had we really discussed things like that? Oh my god. Why can't we be more open in real life?

"How long have you known him?" I asked.

"Like forever" she said. She was so keen on him. Had he noticed this? I doubt it knowing Mike.

"You like Mike don't you?" I asked. She blushed

"Yes I do. I was scared of meeting you," she said. "He always goes on about you I thought you were both in love or something like Billie and Jess but its obvious that you're not. Just look at Billie and Jess don't they make a beautiful couple?" she said. "I wish I could be like that with someone," she said.

So do I, I thought and I bet right now we're both thinking of the same guy.

"Why don't you ask Mike out?" I said

"No I couldn't." Her hands flew to her mouth. "I couldn't do that. The man has to ask out the woman."

"Not if you really like him. What's there to lose?" I said.

"Maybe" she said. "May be one day I'll pluck up the courage."

"Hey you never know," I said. "May be he'll get to ask you first."

I felt jealous then. I couldn't imagine Mike asking anyone else out. I wanted him to ask me but I knew that that wouldn't be happening.

Mike stood watching the two women in his life that he liked. Stella. She was so fucking gorgeous, better than he thought she'd be and she was so kind and thoughtful. He stood no chance with her so he wasn't even going to go there, there was no way he was jeopardising their friendship. Then there was Anastasia. He had known her for years, she was beautiful too, kind and thoughtful. Once Stella had gone home he thought about asking Anastasia out. She would probably say yes in fact he knew she would he'd known for ages that she'd liked him. Shame there was no spark there though, not like with Stella.

**

"Yes much better without the earrings and lipstick" said Stella going up to Tre later in the evening.

"Thanks. Anyway red isn't my usual colour, generally I go for the pink" said Tre. "I find red smudges when you do this" and with that he gently put his hand behind Stella's neck and pulled her to him and gave her the most wonderful kiss.

"Oh." Said Stella shocked. "You'd best not where red again then" and she laughed.

**

That night in bed Stella was hot and bothered. Was that a noise at the window? No. Was he going to come and pay me a visit this evening? I wasn't sure. Did I want him to? Not sure about that either. Actually yes I am sure. I think I do want him to come and pay me a visit. Why isn't he then? I put on the light and checked her watch. 2. 30am. He'd been here by now on both those previous nights. I wish he would come.

But he didn't. Stella must have fallen asleep with the light on and it was then that she realised that Tre hadn't paid her a visit. She felt disappointed about that. She had desperately wanted him to come and put his arm round her and feel warm and cosy and she desperately wanted him to kiss her again, she'd loved his kiss...

.. She woke to a knock at the door. "Hey Stella. You decent" shouted Mike's voice.

"Yes Mike, come in" said Stella

He came in, all bedraggled and gorgeous. "Billie's mom asked if you want any breakfast."

"Oh no Mike I don't expect her to do everything for us. Please tell her no. If I need anything I'll get it."

My god you look lovely thought Mike.

"OK I'll tell her," said Mike.

"Hey are we going to the Gilman tonight?" said Stella

"Yes, we need to leave at 6. 30"

"Oh its just that Anastasia mentioned it"

"Oh did she?" said Mike.

"Mike she likes you" said Stella. So do I.

"I know. I've had an idea she has for a while." He said.

"You should ask her out sometime," said Stella

"Yeah. I may just do that," said Mike walking out the room.

Well that confirms it thought Mike. She can't want me if she's telling me about other women fancying me thought Mike. Yeah. May be I will ask Anastasia out some time

**

Stella watched Anastasia looking at Mike. She adores him thinks Stella. I can see why and I'm jealous. I have no hope. There's no point in me even suggesting we get together now. I'll leave it as it is. It was a good dream while it lasted but.. I'll be hundreds of miles away soon and that'll just have to be that.

Back at Billie's a few stragglers from the show were there.

"Hey have you seen Tre today?" says Mike to Billie.

"No. Not seen him at all. Wonder what he's been up to?" said Billie.

"Who knows with Tre?" said Mike.

Stella overheard them and she wondered where Tre had been. She'd missed him coming to her room last night. I may probably never see him again. Before I know it I'll be back in England. Will Tre come to my bed again before I leave?

Everyone had all gone by 1. 30am so they all decided to go to bed.

Stella was drifting off when the tapping came. She was up and over to the window like a shot and there he was. She flung open the window and indicated for him to come in.

"Fucking hell you're keen," said Tre. "I'm usually out there for at least half an hour. What's with you?" said Tre looking at her with huge blue eyes.

"Don't know. I just heard you knocking and got up straight away."

"You weren't waiting for me now were you?" said Tre. "That's not how it works. I don't commit myself to anyone" he said taking off his t-shirt.

He was watching her watching him. Tre had liked this girl as soon as he'd set his eyes on her. Fuck it he didn't know how to act around the pretty ones. He acted stupid so as to cover up his nervousness and he'd done the same with her. They usually think I'm a nerd then but Stella seemed different. She just laughed along with him rather than at him. He liked that and the fact that she seemed to quite like him. He took off his shorts and flung them on the chair. She was still watching him. Her eyes were a gorgeous shape he thought, unusual, beautiful. She came towards him then.

"Hey I didn't get to see this tattoo close up" said Stella coming over to check out his E. B. P. M. Tattoo. She touched it with her fingers and Tre shivered. Stella sensed this.

"If you're cold," she said "then you'd better get into bed and warm up" she laughed.

Tre got into the bed and waited for Stella. She had a different nightdress; this time it had a puppy on the front. Sweet, very sweet, just like her. Stella got in beside him and her hair tickled his arm as she settled herself down beside him it was soft and downy against his skin.

"Where were you today then?" she suddenly said looking into his eyes.

"Oh doing this and that" he laughed. Yeah she had lots of gold in those eyes he thought.

"What's this and that?" she said.

"Hanging out, smoking, the usual really" he said.

They didn't know what to say next then after a while Stella said. "Tre know you kissed me the other day?"

"Yeah," Said Tre not looking at her.

"Are you able to do that again?" she laughed cheekily

"Not sure I can," said Tre. "Sorry." then he rolled on his back looking up at the ceiling.

"Oh. Right. If you're going to be like that then I'll just have to kiss you then" said Stella leaning over and kissing Tre passionately on the lips her tongue roaming his mouth. What was she doing?

"Let me up for air for god sake woman," said Tre his eyes sparkling. Stella pulled away.

"OK I have air now, please continue," he said.

"No. I'm not sure I can," said Stella also laying on her back and looking up at the ceiling mimicking Tre.

"Oh fuck it woman lets kiss," said Tre and they grabbed at each other and kissed passionately for ages.

"How old are you?" said Tre after a while

"17," said Stella

"You're older than me then," said Tre.

"WHAT?" Said Stella. "How old are you then?"

"I'm still 16," he said. "Not 17 until December."

"Shit."

"Is it?" said Tre.

"No, not really," Said Stella. It didn't seem to matter at all.

"Does it change things?" Said Tre.

"No it doesn't," said Stella looking at him. "Not at all. Does it change things for you?"

"No," said Tre. "Stella have you... Ever been with a guy?" he suddenly asked.

She blushed "No."

"Really? Unusual but I think I guessed that," Said Tre.

"Is it unusual? Don't make me paranoid here," Said Stella.

"No. Not that unusual I guess," Said Tre

"Have you been with a woman?" she asked but knowing the answer

"Yes a couple," said Tre smiling.

"Oh would that be a couple, a few or loads?" laughed Stella.

"Well... Not loads but may be between a few and loads" said Tre. "If I have you then I could say I've had loads." He said.

"I might not let you have me," said Stella.

"Oh, only might." laughed Tre.

"I'm scared," said Stella

"Of what?" said Tre.

"Doing it," she answered.

"Why?" said Tre.

"Don't know" said Stella.

"Its fantastic"

"Is it?" asked Stella.

"Definitely but it depends on who you're doing it with. Sometimes it can be crap, ok, good or fantastic."

"Oh right. Do you keep a little black book and mark people on their performance?" Stella laughed.

"Yeah." Said Tre

"Fuck off" said Stella.

"Come here "said Tre and they kissed again.

"Tre?" said Stella.

"Yes." He said.

"I like you coming to visit me at night."

"Good I like coming to visit you too" he said

"Tre?"

"Yes."

"Nothing." Said Stella.

"Its OK you know," said Tre.

"What is?" she asked.

"I want to too," he said.

"Want what?" said Stella.

"To make love with you" he said. "It'd be an honour and I'll take good care of you," he said.

Stella's stomach lurched. How could she refuse that offer?

Tre leant towards her and lifted her nightdress over her head. She felt exposed and her breasts were showing but she didn't care, she wanted to show Tre. He will take care of me she thought as Tre came towards her.

Tre was right he did take care of her and it was gentle and good. It couldn't have been any better and she was glad that she'd met this Tre Cool and let him into her bed after all

**

Tre visited every night and they made love every night. They took precautions, Tre insisted. He seems to know exactly what he's doing thought Stella. If only I loved him but I don't. I love being with him, he's fun and he knows what to do in the bedroom department but I couldn't love him I just couldn't. We probably couldn't live together. He'd drive me nuts.

The night before Stella and Jess left to go back to England Tre visited one last time. This time he showed her something. It was a small gold butterfly tattoo that he had done at the base of his back. It was the same as Stella's but Tre said the gold was to represent the gold in her eyes and the butterfly was to represent Stella, as she is a beautiful creature that flew into his life for a short while and flew away again. How sweet.

"You know you can be so romantic when you want" said Stella. She had noticed this a couple of times while he was here. "You need to find someone that really appreciates you," she said.

"I know but girls think I'm a clown. I act stupid around people but I can't help it." Said Tre"

"Well you need someone that accepts you for who you are. Don't change for anyone, Tre you're lovely as you are."

"I wish you weren't going," said Tre.

"Yeah but we've hardly had a normal relationship" said Stella. "We've kept it hidden. Nobody knows about us. Why have we kept it to just this, sleeping in my bed at night"

"I don't know," said Tre. "May be because of Mike."

Stella looked away then. Mike. She still so liked Mike.

"Stella I know how much you like Mike, I've seen you looking at him." Yeah and Tre wished she looked at him like that.

"Is it that obvious?" said Stella.

"To me as I've nearly always got my eyes on you" he says. "Stella he likes you too. You two just haven't got it together and you're going home tomorrow."

"Its too late now" said Stella

"Stella it's never too late," said Tre snuggling up to her. What was he thinking? He had fallen big time for this girl and he was offering her up to someone else. Everyone was right, he was nuts after all.

**

Billie and Jess had gone off somewhere to be alone for their last day.

"Hey do you want a walk around the bay for one last time" said Mike looking at Stella. He was quite sad that she was going tomorrow and felt that the time had gone so quick and that they had hardly had time alone together to chat at all.

"Id love to Mike" said Stella.

The sun was hot and they walked slowly together stopping occasionally to look out to the bay and watch boats go by.

"I can't believe that this is it," said Stella walking next to Mike.

"Neither can I" said Mike.

"Whose turn is it to write next?" she said.

"I don't know," said Mike.
"I'll give Jess all the photographs that I've taken to bring back in a couple of weeks," said Stella.

"Cool. Is she still on about not going and being made to go home by everyone?" said Mike.

"Yeah she doesn't shut up about it. Be prepared for a big tearful farewell tomorrow" said Stella.

"Oh what, you or me?" said Mike looking at her.

Stella laughed.

Suddenly Mike grabbed her hand.

"Stella I've so enjoyed your company but there is something I have regretted about your trip"

"Oh. What's that?" said Stella half knowing.

Mike blushed.

"I regret may be not doing this sooner" and with that he cupped Stella's face gently and leant in to kiss her. Her lips opened to match his and she could feel his tongue with the tip of hers. She lifted her arms up and let her hands roam the back of his neck and her fingers entwined his hair. She started feeling dizzy. Neither of them wanted to break away but eventually they had to. Mike looked down into Stella's eyes.

"Oh my god Mike why didn't we do that sooner?" she said.

"Who knows?" said Mike.

"Shall we do it again to make up for lost time?" said Stella. And they did.

The next day...

Stella felt sick she didn't want to leave. The month had gone so fast and she couldn't believe that she was leaving this wonderful place and the wonderful friends that she had made.

Jess felt sick also. She had been clinging on to Billie for dear life all day.

"Do I have to go?" said Jess to Billie.

"Oh honey we've discussed this" said Billie. "You'll be back in two weeks. Two weeks, that's all sweetheart and then we'll be together for good. How about when you get back we start thinking about a wedding date?"

Jess grinned. "I'd like that" she said snuggling into her man.

Stella was up in the bedroom packing a few last minute things when she looked up to the window and he was there. She laughed at his cheeky face at the window, went straight over and let him in.

"Don't go" was all he said.

"Oh Tre I have to." Said Stella

"No you don't. Live a little, do something unexpected," he said. He looked a little sad.

"I'm not like you Tre," I said turning away slightly.

"I know." He said. "I have a gift for you," said Tre handing her a small gift wrapped in gold tissue paper.

"Oh Tre" said Stella taking the gift. "Thank you."

"Please don't open it yet though," he said.

"OK" said Stella putting it into her hand luggage. "I'll open it on the plane."

"Hug" said Tre putting his arms out and going over to Stella.

They hugged for ages then Tre spoke.

"Now look I'm going to say something here and I've wanted to say it for a while now. I don't expect an answer and I don't expect you feel the same way but... "

"I love you," he whispered. "There. I've said it and now I'm going. Safe journey little butterfly." He pecked her on the cheek and he was of out of the window leaving Stella stunned. She knew she wouldn't see him again before she left, he had gone from her life.

**

Billie drove them to the airport. Jess was sat up front with him and sitting as close as she could possibly get.

Mike and Stella were in the back chatting and laughing. Suddenly, Mike grabbed her hand and started kissing at her fingers. Her whole body tingled when he did this. Oh Mike, she thought. I like you so damn much, why couldn't it have been you that came to my bed at night. I'm sure it would have been wonderful if you had.

"You OK?" he said still holding on to her hand.

"Not really, I'm going to miss you "she said looking in to his eyes. Suddenly she reached up and touched his face and gave him a gentle kiss on his lips.

"Mmmm I like that," said Mike. "Come here" and they kissed passionately for ages. Billie noticed this from the rear view mirror. "Fucking come up for air will you," said Billie laughing.

Jess turned round and they all laughed together. Mike and Stella stayed wrapped in each other's arms until they arrived at the airport. They wanted to stay in the car forever being driven around, just the two of them but it was too late.

**

At the airport Jess was crying so much her eyes had swollen up.

She clung to Billie as though she was never going to see him again.

Mike and Stella hugged, silently but comfortable in their silence.

"Write soon" said Mike bending to kiss Stella on the cheek and brush a strand of hair from her face.

"I will Mike. Thank you so much for a wonderful, wonderful time. I'll be back one day you know," she said gathering up her bag.

"You'd better be" he said.

"Bye Billie" said Stella giving Billie a quick hug. "She'll be back soon you know. I'll take care of her until she's back."

"I know you will," said Billie. He looked said too now it had come to it. They all said a final farewell and the girls gathered all their stuff and walked through the airport. I have to look back just one last time thought Stella. The girls stopped together and looked back. Mike, taller than Billie standing there waving and Billie with his sticking up hair, hands in pockets and boy-like stance. They waved once to the guys who waved back then they turned to get onto their plane and leave California.

When would they meet again? Thought Stella. Would I ever get to kiss Mike again? I do sure hope so.