Sequel: Faithfully Yours

Lots of Love, Mike

California again...

Stella knew that this would be the difficult part, saying goodbye to her mother at the airport. It was New Year's day and Stella had agreed to go to California to meet up with the guys but she insisted that she spend Christmas and new year with her mother. Now, today, January 1st she was finally flying out to California.

"You're only going for six weeks" said Stella's mother holding tightly to her daughter.

"I know mum, will you be OK?" she said.

"Oh Stella of course I'll be OK and I'm so glad for you, I knew all along that Matt wasn't right for you, I wish now I'd stopped you marrying him but I thought you'd come to your senses. I'm so glad your American friends were there for you that night," she said.

"So am I mum, so am I and I'm glad you met them before they went home," she said.

"Such lovely guys, Mike's gorgeous and so is Billie, I can so see what Jess saw in him... if I was young again..." said her mother

"Mum that's so embarrassing," said Stella but her mum wasn't listening.

"And the other guy Tre, he's such a character," said Stella's mum. "And the girl Ana, she seems lovely too".

"Mum, they're all lovely people, you don't have to worry about me and Michelle is coming out in a couple of weeks to join us."

"I like Michelle a lot, she's been a good friend to you."

"I know mum but... listen... they're calling my flight, I have to go," she said picking up her bag.

"Have a good time honey and take care of my grandchild in there," she said pointing at Stella's stomach.

"Bye mum" said Stella tearfully, and then went through to catch her flight to California and her wonderful friends.

**

"Whose collecting Stella from the airport?" said Mike.

"I thought you were doing it," said Billie.

"But..."

"Tre has already gone," said Ana coming into the room and trying to tidy up a bit for Stella's arrival. "He told me he'd arranged it with her on the phone yesterday"

"Oh... right," said Mike.

"Cool," said Billie picking up Blue and giving it a strum. "What's that smell?" he suddenly said.

"Its Adi's chicken that she's got in the oven," said Ana. "We thought we'd get out and buy some decent food as we know that Stella cannot live on pizza and fries for six weeks."

"Great," said Billie.

Ana left the room then and Billie noticed that Mike was quiet.

"You OK Mike?" said Billie looking up at him but still strumming away.

"Yeah I think so," said Mike

"Its going to be great having Stella here, I'm so glad she agreed to come back. Whatever Tre said to her worked. Do you think he likes Stella?" said Billie.

"Tre likes women full stop," said Mike it suddenly dawning on him that may be Tre did REALLY like Stella after all. He had seen the way he had been looking at her that night at the pub and the way he had that guy Matt up against the wall. You don't do that for someone if you didn't have some interest in them surely. Would I have had Matt up against the wall? Maybe if Tre hadn't been there I would thought Mike.

Mike felt concerned about Stella staying with them and a little part of him wished that she wasn't staying with them for he still liked Stella a lot. Yeah it was OK when they wrote but having her here under the same roof for six weeks, what would happen? He was attracted to her but then there was Ana to consider. He didn't want to upset Ana at all. He loved her after all, so why was he feeling confused over Stella being here? He was a little nervous about it. What if he gave his feelings away? What if someone noticed?

**

"Your carriage awaits," said a voice whispering in her ear. She had been waiting outside the front of the airport, not for long, just a couple of minutes and she knew that Tre was collecting her as he'd quickly called her yesterday at home to arrange it. Now he was standing right beside her had crept up behind her to surprise her and was whispering in her ear.

"Oh Tre," she laughed. "Oh my god, you're bleach blond," she gasped looking up at him. The bleach blondness made his eyes stand out even more blue in his cheeky face.

"Yeah, I'm an all American boy," he said and immediately took control of her suitcases; he wouldn't let her carry a thing back to the car.

**

Adi, Ana and Stella were in the kitchen clearing up after dinner, the guys had gone to a local bar for a few drinks.

"That was a gorgeous dinner you two, I'm stuffed. Thank you so much," said Stella.

"You're welcome," said Ana. "If we'd have left it to the guys then we'd probably have had pizza or some take out burger."

"Actually," said Adrienne. "If it was up to Tre I think he would have done some proper cooking, he's like that, loves cooking and looking after us," she said. "He's such a great cook," she said.

"Is he?" said Stella. This was something new that she had discovered about Tre.

The telephone rang and Ana went off to answer it.

"Yeah. He's a good guy, everyone loves him," said Adi putting some plates away.

Stella was drying up some dishes when Adrienne spoke.

"Listen Stella, I've heard all about Jessie. I know you were her very best friend. Billie has told me everything," she said. "I feel as though I have to mention this to you," she said being very open.

"It's fine," said Stella.

"Yeah, everything from when they were fourteen and she got pregnant and went home alone and she had the difficult decision about getting rid of their baby and when she came back to America they got engaged. He said... he said he loved her so much and obviously I've seen the tattoo and he still wears the chains that she bought just before she died. He's told me everything," she said looking down.

"Hey... its OK Adi. I'm glad you know everything and I'm not surprised that Billie told you, he doesn't seem the type to have secrets and you know something else... he loves you so much now that is obvious. I'm happy for you." Adi's face lit up then and Stella knew then that she loved him right back and was so glad for him. "Yeah Jess was a friend of mine and I miss her still but... I'm so glad that Billie is happy again. He deserves it. Come here," said Stella putting out her arms to Adi.

They hugged then and Adi said, "You know they are all right about you. Those guys all love you so much; they won't have a bad word said about you. I feel lucky to be part of their crowd."

"I do too," Stella said. Was she a part of them? She hoped so.

**

Ana and Stella were sitting together trying to watch a movie while Adi was speaking on the telephone to her family.

"I'm so glad that you and Mike are friends," said Ana. "He still loves getting your letters. You know we all read them now and when they come we sit around, pass your letter round and have a drink to you. Its like a little ritual you know?" she said.

"Oh really," said Stella suddenly embarrassed.

"Yeah and Tre... he always has to go and read your letter two or three times. I think he likes you a little Stella but Mike's not sure that he does. Do you like Tre?"

"Of course I like Tre," said Stella. She wanted to blurt out to her then that Tre was the guy that she'd slept with on so many occasions before and who really and truly rescued her from Matt. He told her he loved her and he's so kind, how can anyonenot like Tre? Could I love Tre? I didn't think I could, there was Mike.

"How can anyone not like Tre?" said Stella.

"Yeah but Stella I mean likeTre," said Ana.

"I don't think so, I like him as a good friend." Its your boyfriend I want, Mike.

"That's a shame," said Ana. "I'm definitely convinced he really likes you," she said.

The next day...

Stella was up early, she couldn't sleep, the baby had been kicking for most of the night so she decided to get up and get herself something to eat and drink from the kitchen. She crept downstairs but there was already somebody in the kitchen, she could see someone moving about through the glass door. Should she go back upstairs? No, she'd carry on and get herself something to drink, her mouth was so dry. She opened the kitchen door and it was Mike.

"Hey," he whispered. "Couldn't sleep either?" he said.

"No, this little one isn't sleeping, so that means no sleep for me either," she laughed rubbing her stomach.

"Hot milk?" said Mike going over to the refrigerator.

"Just what the doc ordered," said Stella. "Thanks."

"Hey... so you looking forward to the arrival of little junior then?" said Mike suddenly.

"Of course," said Stella and she was. She'd so got used to the idea but she was a little scared about bringing the baby up alone. She was going to stay with her mother, there was plenty of room there and her mother was going to look after little baby Ryan while she went back to do some photography work.

"Though may be a little nervous," she said.

"Of what?" said Mike bringing over a warm mug of milk and putting it in front of Stella.

"Of the unknown and also... bringing him up alone," she said.

"Well you'll kind of be alone but I know for a fact that little baby has got three uncles ready and willing to step in and help at any time," said Mike, his eyes lighting up.

"You're so kind," said Stella suddenly getting embarrassed and taking a sip from the mug.

"No, I mean it," said Mike. "If you need anything at all you only have to ask. I know we're going to be miles away but in our hearts we'll be with you. Collectively we are Uncle Green Day." and smiled.

Stella laughed. She'd forgotten how kind and good Mike was and she'd also forgotten how handsome he was. Every time she saw him he seemed more handsome than the last time. She blushed then but didn't look up at him; she couldn't look, as she was so embarrassed at her thoughts.

Mike suddenly felt embarrassed sitting here with Stella. She had grown so beautiful and even though she was still a little thin she was adorable and he'd forgotten how adorable she was. Cute and kind, vulnerable but also quite strong at the same time. He blushed hoping that Stella hadn't noticed, he couldn't look up. He hadn't blushed since he was a kid.

Suddenly Mike cleared his throat and went to get a cookie out from the cookie jar.

"Want one?" he said holding out the jar to her.

"No thanks," said Stella.

She stood up and went over to the sink to wash up her mug. "I suppose I'd best get off to bed," said Stella.

"Do you have to?" said Mike. "I could do with some company, I've been having trouble sleeping just lately," he said going over to the sink and standing next to her so that he could wash up his own mug. His arm brushed against hers and he glanced up at her. She was looking at him with those wonderfully beautiful eyes.

"Stella... remember when we kissed," he suddenly said to her.

"Of course I remember," said Stella. "I sort of haven't forgotten it," she said. She felt shaky all of a sudden but Mike seemed to notice and he grabbed hold of her arms. His arms were wet from the washing up water but she didn't care.

"You OK?" he said.

"I think so," said Stella. Then before she knew it Mike was kissing her again and it was even more wonderful than she remembered. She felt his tongue roaming her mouth and his kiss was so much more mature than before. She put her arms up behind his neck; she could just about reach here and she let Mike kiss her so lovingly and tenderly for what seemed like ages. They only pulled away from each other when they heard a voice.

"Can I get anyone a glass of water?" said Billie.