Sequel: Faithfully Yours

Lots of Love, Mike

Stella confesses her love for someone

Stella couldn't believe how many bags she had had to bring with her for a week. She didn't even know who was collecting her; she just had a quick telephone call with Ana asking about what time she was landing.

Ryan was in his buggy and had started to moan. It had been a long flight for him and he'd dropped his tiger toy.

Bending down to him, Stella didn't see the large car pull up and everyone jump out. When she stood up after settling Ryan she saw them all. All of them standing there and smiling at her.

"Oh my god... I didn't expect you all to be here," said Stella.

They just laughed and Billie was the one that came to her first.

"Good to have you back here," he said giving her a squeeze.

Then Mike was over with one of his wonderful hugs and he didn't hold back this time.

"Hi Stella," he said.

Then Jason White was over, he was always so sweet even if he was a little shy. Ana next then Stella caught sight of Adi carrying a baby with a beautiful thatch of dark hair.

"Oh Adi," said Stella going over to touch his tiny hand and stroke his soft hair, "he's so beautiful. There's no doubt as to who his father is," Stella said. Adi laughed.

"Hey little Joey," whispered Stella bending down to him. "I'm going to need lots of cuddles from you," she said kissing his little cheek.

"Right," said Billie, "let's all take a bag each and get you home."

Home. It was their home but it had always felt like hers too.

Then she realised she hadn't seen Tre but as she turned towards Ryan to get him she saw Tre there after all. He was crouched down beside Ryan and waving his tiger toy wildly around in front of him. Ryan was giggling so much; Stella hadn't seen him laugh like that before.

She crouched down next to Tre, watching them both.

Then she glanced at Tre and his face had suddenly changed. He hadn't looked over at her yet.

Suddenly he spoke as he took Ryan's hand.

"How am I going to cope without Ramona? I miss her so much Stella," he said his eyes filling up with tears.

Stella didn't know what to say to him.

"Come on, lets get you back," she said putting her arm across his shoulders.

They both stood up then and Tre pushed Ryan over to the car, Stella walking quietly beside him.

**

That evening Mike and Ana had gone to Ana's parents for the evening. Adi was once again talking to her mother on the phone and Tre was playing cars on the living room floor with Ryan. Billie and Stella were clearing way the dinner dishes.

"You know she must speak to her mother for about an hour each day," Billie said shaking his head.

"That's understandable," said Stella putting away the cutlery in a drawer. "I wish I could speak to my mum for an hour each day."

"Oh I'm sorry, me and my big mouth," said Billie smacking his hand on his forehead

"Its OK," interrupted Stella, "she just doesn't recognise anyone, it's so sad really," Stella said with a far away look in his eyes. "she talks nonsense and doesn't even know who we are."

"Oh Stell," said Billie and he went to hug her.

As they pulled away Billie's chain with the 'J' on it got caught up in Stella's hair. Billie spent a few minutes untangling it.

"I wonder if Jess is watching over us," Billie said suddenly surprising Stella and himself even. He quickly tucked the 'J' away into his T shirt.

"I'm sure she is," said Stella, then she decided to just come out with it.

"Do you think of her ever?" said Stella, she'd always wondered as she thought of Jess on a regular basis.

"Occasionally... but..." said Billie glancing away.

"I hope you don't feel guilty for thinking of her. Adi would understand I know she would and anyway, if she is watching over you then she'll see how happy you are, you three and if she's watching me she'll see what a mess I've made of my life."

"You have Ryan," said Billie.

"I know. He's the only man I need in my life right now. Anyway, we'd better get on stacking these plates or Adi will wonder what the hell we've been doing all this time."

**

It was past midnight and Tre was dozing off on the sofa. Apart from Billie, Adi and Stella everyone else was in bed. Ana had gone off with a mood as her and Mike had an argument out about her and Mike buying a place of their own. Ana wanted to do it immediately but Mike was happy sharing the house with their friends and he couldn't understand why she couldn't wait just a little longer.

When the threesome heard Tre sleeping soundly they slipped quietly out to the kitchen where they closed the door and Adi made them all a coffee each.

"What do you think?" said Billie turning to Stella.

Stella sighed.

"I just feel for him, he's in a bad way."

"He's been sleeping here every night since it happened, he can't bear to go to their apartment and see Ramona's room with all her toys. We don't want him to be alone," said Adi.

"He needs to be with us," said Billie.

"Of course he does but what on earth happened?" said Stella. "They'd only been married for a couple of weeks."

"They've always had a stormy on-off relationship," said Adi, "one day they'd argue and be at each other's throats, the next everything happy again."

"So why did she just up and leave with Ramona? Taking her away from Tre, that's... that's just so wrong."

Billie and Adi glanced at each other.

"What is it? Is there something you're not telling me here?" said Stella. Were they hiding something?

"She left because of you," said Adi.

Stella frowned as Billie said, "Adi." He too frowning.

"She has a right to know," said Adi turning to face Billie.

"May be you're right. She left because... because she was jealous of the letters he and you wrote to each other, the phone calls he made to you when you were down about your mum," said Billie.

"What? I can't believe I'm hearing this, how ridiculous," said Stella, and it was.

"Isn't it," said Billie. "and to take your kid away from her dad because of that, what a bitch."

"We've been friends for years, there's nothing in it at all. Tre's always been so kind to me sending me letters, cheering me up and asking about Ryan. Where's the harm in that?" she said looking at them both.

"Yes but she thought he'd got rid of your letters after he'd read them but he hadn't and he also kept photographs of you and Ryan that she knew nothing about. We tried to convince her that that is what Tre is like. He's a little bit of a hoarder and likes to keep nearly everything. That's Tre but she wouldn't have any of it."

"That is so sad of her to think that there could have been anything between us. I live hundreds of miles away for goodness sake," said Stella, then she sighed unable to believe what she was hearing.

"Is it?" said Adi

"Adi shut up," said Billie.

"No Billie. Stella you and Tre were together once weren't you? You told Billie that time after Mike kissed you in the kitchen one night."

Stella glanced over at Billie, disappointment showing in her face.

"I'm sorry," said Billie looking down. "I had to tell Adi, she was wearing me down with wondering who it was in your past and I don't like to keep anything from her."

"Its OK," said Stella looking away and feeling slightly embarrassed.

Then Adi spoke again.

"Stella do you love Tre? You would be so good together you know and... "

"No. I couldn't be with Tre because... "

"Because what?" said Billie frowning.

"Because... because I love Mike," whispered Stella.

As she said those words Adi and Billie looked over at the door.

Stella knew then that someone was standing behind her.