Sequel: Faithfully Yours

Lots of Love, Mike

Back Together

The show was electric. Stella and Ryan stood backstage with Adrienne who had her arm wrapped around Ryan’s shoulder protectively.

Stella was anxious. She’d greeted the guys earlier as usual, Billie and Tre hugging her but Mike, he had stood back and just said ‘hi’ to her from the opposite side of the room.

Everyone had noticed it and there was a slight atmosphere but there wasn’t a lot of time, as the guys had to go and do their warm up and get onto the stage.

They were coming to the close soon, Stella knew this because the next song was going to be ‘Good Riddance’, the song they always finished up with.

Tre and Mike came off stage and came straight over to Ryan.

”What do you think Tiger?” Tre said to him putting his hand up to hi-five Ryan’s.

“Awesome,” said Ryan his face all flushed because Tre had called him Tiger again.

“And you?” Said Tre looking at Stella. His eyes seemed bluer than ever, he was just sparkling and obviously still on a high.

“I’m good and that show was as wonderful as ever,” Stella said to Tre. His face was glowing and he looked so healthy and happy. His hair was dark brown and Stella thought it suited him then remembered his green haired days and smiled to herself.

“I love your mowhawk,” Stella said to him.

“Thanks, it’s all my own work.” He said, “and this,” he said touching Ryan’s hair, “is a work of art. You’ll have to teach me to do it that way some time.”

Stella glanced over at Mike who had gone back to wait over by the stage. Although they’d finished they were waiting for Billie to finish his song and then they’d join him for their final bow.

The song was ending and Tre went over to stand by Mike.

Mike’s avoiding me thinks Stella. I’ve made a huge mistake. How on earth am I going to get him on his own and explain she thought watching Mike strike up a smile and run onto the stage with Tre to join Billie.

“You OK?” Said Adi looking over.

“I’m fine.” Said Stella, but she wasn’t really, her legs had become shaky.

“Have you and Mike had words?” Said Adi.

Stella just shook her head.

“It’s just that he’s hardly spoken to you.” Adrienne said, still looking at her.

“Oh, I didn’t notice, he’s been busy, we’ll probably get to chat later.” Said Stella, she felt sick suddenly. What the hell was she doing coming here? May be it had all been a mistake, she wished she’d never written the letter after all.

“Its great having you here,” Adrienne said suddenly hugging Stella, “what were we doing losing touch?”

“Who knows?” Stella responded. “But we won’t let it happen again though will we?”

“Of course not, wild horses wouldn’t keep us apart, we’ve learnt our lesson.” Said Adrienne.

Yes but I still have to tell you I have a little girl who is two years old thought Stella. Shit. I’ve spoilt things and I wouldn’t be surprised if I never see or hear from you again once I’ve told you.

She watched the guys coming off the stage, Billie came over to Adi and hugged her, Tre was chatting to Ryan, doing some trick thing with a coin and Mike, well he glanced quickly at her then walked off backstage.

Stella had never felt so far away from Mike before even though he was just feet away from her.