Sequel: Faithfully Yours

Lots of Love, Mike

Sweet Children

Dear Stella

Glad to hear you are now all woman!! Billy was grossed out by that and couldn't understand why we tell each other nearly everything.

I had a good time with Julie. I think we are a bit of an item - and I kissed her! Actually it was really sweet. She's a little shy though and I hope I haven't scared her. So that makes all four of us that have now officially kissed someone - trust me to be the last!

I'm not surprised that you haven't smoked a joint, you don't seem the type. If you ever get the opportunity though, try one - it doesn't smell like cigarettes really. We are always having them here but we hide from Billie Joe's mum and do it when she's not around.

I have some more news on the band front. We have been practising with someone who actually plays the drums for real - his name is John Kiffmeyer. He's pretty good and we all get on great. We try and practise nearly every day at school but sometimes John lets us down at the last minute and it really pisses Billie Joe off.

I was sorry to hear about Fatso but I'm sure she'll get a lot of loving at your house.

I haven't got a photo of my whiskers. I shave them off really before they grow. You can't see them at the moment as I haven't got that many but I've enclosed a photograph of Billie Joe and me playing our instruments at the Christmas concert and John in the background on the drums. Hope you like it.

I hope your date with Jack went fine. I'm sure it did and I hope that you weren't too nervous after all. Let me know how it went, I'm dying to know.

Billie is calling me now so I have to go and have band practice.

Love from

Mike xxx


Wow they look awesome I thought checking out the band picture. I couldn't make out the guy on the drums very well but Billie looked like he was enjoying all the attention and Mike looked so cool with his guitar strapped round him and he was wearing the Sex Pistols T-shirt yet again. I laughed then put the letter in my scrapbook, which was almost full and made a mental note to go and buy myself a new one when I heard the knock at the door. It was Jessie. Mum sent her up.

"Hi Franky. Oh my god I just had to tell you," she said

"What is it? You look flushed."

"I'm in love," she said

"Don't be stupid," I said getting up off the bed. "With David?"

"Yes" she said all dreamy-eyed.

"But you've only been going out for two weeks" I said. "Are you sure its real love?" I ask.

"Definitely" she said.

"How did the trip to the cinema go?" I asked

"Oh it was wonderful," she said.

"Good" I said tidying away the scrapbook and putting it into my bedside cupboard.

"Franky?" she said

"Mmmmm" I said closing the door

"I let him.. you know.."

"WHAT?" I said. "Jessie you haven't, that's way underage" I said

"No. Not all the way. Just. Well I let him have a feel"

"You're kidding," I say. "At the cinema?"

"Yeah"

"Oh Jessie. What are you like? Was it nice?" I asked blushing a bit.

"Wonderful" she says all Dewey eyed again.

"I'm happy for you" I say. But knowing what Jessie was like it could all change tomorrow.

The Next day...

... "Franky? Jessie's here" shouted mum from downstairs

"Come up Jess," I shout back

Jessie comes into the bedroom looking forlorn.

"What's wrong?" I say.

"Its David"

"What about him?" Here we go I think, what now?

"I saw him out with Sylvie Freeman earlier. They were at McDonalds and he was all over her"

"Oh no" I say

"I marched right on over to him though and poured strawberry milkshake over him.
That'll teach him," she said.

"Good on you" I say.

"Yeah I'm not letting any boy touch my tits again," she says

I bet you don't I think to myself.

Dear Mike

You'll never believe what Jessie has been up to with David. She only let him, you know touch her boobs. Then she tells me she's in love with him and then the next day he's seen out at McDonalds with someone else and she pours milkshake over the guy. She's terrible. Now she vows to be single. I bet that lasts all of a week!

My date with Jack went really well. We haven't kissed yet although I would like to and I'm definitely not going to go to the cinema to sit in the back row - not yet anyway. He's really quite nice but doesn't like punk or rock music. How can you not? It's bizarre. We can chat for so long and then we seem to have nothing much to say to each other. I don't know how long it will last. We shall see. He is taking me to his friend's party on Saturday. I can't wait. I haven't dressed up in ages or worn any make up.

I'm so glad that you have a drummer at last to practice with. Keep on going, you never know you may even be famous one day and then you can fly over and meet me.

Do you ever wonder sometimes if we'll ever meet each other? At the moment it seems quite impossible as it costs so much money. I am saving up to travel the world with Jessie and California shall be my first stop.

Love from

Stellax

Ps. I love the photograph of you playing in your band at the Christmas concert. I wish I could have been there. Oh and by the way. Do you own another T-shirt or do you just wear the Sex Pistols one all the time?


California...

"She's right man," said Billie sitting smoking a joint and reading the letter. You always wear that T-shirt. I'm surprised it hasn't rotted away by now," said Billie.

"Piss off" said Mike laying on a beanbag and strumming his base.

"When's John coming round?"

"Fuck knows," said Billie. "He makes up his own schedule. He pisses me off sometimes"

"We're gonna have to think of a name you know if we gonna take this band thing seriously" said Mike.

"Yeah I know," said Billie finishing his joint and grabbing his guitar that he'd nicknamed Blue.

"I thought of one the other day," said Billie

"Oh yeah" said Mike still strumming.

"Sweet Children - what do you think?"

"Mmmm. Sounds cool to me," said Mike. "Shall we check it out with John when he comes over?"

"Nah. We'll just tell him," said Billie.

"Sweet Children it is then" said Mike.

"Yep" said Billie. "Sweet Children we are. Fancy another smoke?"

England...

It was the day of the party and I walked to Jessie's house to get ready, as I didn't want my mum to see what I was wearing.

"My god you look great," said Jessie looking me up and down. "What have you done?" She said

"Well I've got make up on and a short skirt that's all". I said. "I feel a bit uncomfortable in these shoes though. They're a little high for me."

"No you look great. Jack's going to think you look gorgeous."

"Well he is 15, 2 years older than me. He's probably used to more mature girls," I said adding some more lipstick. "Didn't he go out with Susan White?" I asked.

"Yeah she's really glamorous. She'll be there tonight too"

"Oh great". I said. "Didn't she dump him? I hope he still doesn't like her."

"How can he like her when he's going out with you?" said Jessie

"It doesn't feel like we are an item though," I said. "We've only been out twice. Once to the cinema and then once to McDonalds."

"Has he kissed you yet?"

"No."

"May be tonight's the night then" she said

"Oh shut up," I said back but secretly hoping that I would get to kiss Jack tonight.

At the party the music was really loud. It was all disco stuff. Not my scene at all but we did have a little dance and a mess about.

Some people were drinking out in the kitchen but I just stuck to the lemonade and orange juice. I couldn't stand the smell of alcohol.

Jack looked so handsome and he kept on looking down at my legs. Susan was also there looking as gorgeous as ever but she was all over this other guy. He looked really old like about 18.

The party went really well then Jack wanted to go out into the garden for air and asked if I wanted to go with him. As soon as we got out there he started kissing me. It was much better than it was with Tony and I let him stick his tongue down my throat.

We got interrupted by someone shouting out "Who wants a joint?"

Mike's letter suddenly sprang to my mind. Mike smokes joints.

"Have you ever had a joint?" Jack asked me.

"No" I said "but my friend Mike in America has them all the time and his friend Billie Joe makes them up and sells them at school." I laughed.

I thought the story was funny but obviously Jack didn't. He didn't laugh at all. Why not?

"I'll try one," I shouted over to the guy who asked and not caring but dying to try one so that I could write and tell Mike all about it.

'That's gross' said Jack - "you're not really going to have one are you? He said

"Why not" I said. "There's no harm in trying," I said going up to the guy with the joints. He gave me this rolled up cigarette and lit it for me. I took one inhale and wanted to cough. Then I took another and another and it got better. Mike was right. They did relax you.

"I don't believe you are having that," said Jack looking a bit disgusted

"Go on try some," I said handing it over to him.

"No thanks" he said. "I'm just going in to get myself another drink." And he walked off back into the house.

"OK" I said. "See you in a minute" but he'd already gone.

I wandered over to the group that were smoking and they included me in their conversation.

"Do you know the Clash are playing in two weeks time" said one.

"Really?" Said the other. "Shall we see if we can get some tickets?"

"Why not?" said the girl. "Do you like the Clash?" she said to me. "Would you like to come?"

"I'd love to" I said taking another drag on the joint.

"What's your name?" She said

"Stella."

"How old are you Stella? You look a little younger than us"

"13"

"Shit. I didn't think you were that young, and you're smoking a joint?"

"Yep. Though I have to admit. It's my first one."

"Are you serious about wanting to come with us to see the Clash?" she said

"Sure. I love them," I said. "I've got all their albums."

"Well I'm Jade and this is Tom, and over there is Will. We're all 15."

"Will? Come on over and meet Stella." Jade called out to a good-looking guy. I thought he looked a little like Mike.

"Hi Stella" said Will "nice to meet you."

"Will, Stella is really interested in coming to see the Clash with us. What do you think?"

"I think that will be fine but you're younger than us aren't you. Its ok with us but you need to check it out with your parents. Where do you live?"

I told him and he said he'd call round the next day to check it out with mum and Geoff. He was really nice and had a kind face. These were a cool bunch of people. They offered me another joint but I refused, I went in to get another drink and to look for Jack and Jessie. Jessie was in the doorway kissing some guy I recognised from school and Jack, well Jack was in the hallway talking to someone. Susan. He took one look at me and then started kissing Susan. I couldn't believe it. I felt sick. I was meant to be his date and he was kissing her.

I ran back out into the garden again and bumped into Will.

"You OK?" Said Will.

"No. My date for the evening is kissing someone else," I said. Then I took one look at him and we burst out laughing. He hugged me and said that there were plenty more fish in the sea. I spent the rest of the evening with my new friends and then they offered to walk Jessie and I home. I couldn't wait until tomorrow when Will called round and I couldn't wait to tell Mike all about it.

California...

Dear Mike

I had to write and tell you that I have had a joint. I had one at the party I went to with Jack but he thought it was gross and so we are not going out anymore but I did get to kiss him. It was much better than Tony's kiss, Jessie reckons it was a French kiss but I'm not sure what she meant. She said I had to ask you. You are right, joints do relax you. I also met this cool group of people who have invited me to the Clash concert in London. Can you believe it Mike I am going to see the Clash. I am so excited. I know you love them and I really wish I could be taking you along but that is impossible. I am going to take my camera and take lots of photos for you to see and I may also buy you a new T-shirt. Let's get you out of that Sex Pistols one shall we!

I'll let you know how it all went.

Love from

Stella xxxxxx


"You're fucking kidding," said Billie Joe "I don't believe she is going to see the Clash, they are my favourite band ever," he said.

"I can't believe it either. At least she said she would take me," said Mike

"Yeah but you're hundreds of miles away" said Billie. "Dream over"

"Hey" said Billie. "Lets play some Clash stuff when John comes over shall we"

"Yeah, funnily enough I am in the right mood for some Clash playing, what shall we start off with... London Calling?" said Mike.

"Yeah" said Billie. "I wish John would hurry up and get his ass round here there's something I want to say to you both"

"Oh" said Mike

"Yeah. Band stuff. Thought it had better wait till John was here. Oh fuck it I'm gonna ask you."

"What is it Billie?" said Mike

"I want to get real serious with this band. I want to play some serious music and let people hear what we can do. We'll be fourteen before we know it. I think we should start getting ourselves organised. What do you think Mike? How about I agree to be the lead singer, play guitar, you on bass and John on the drums. We can do it. I know we can."

"I'm glad you finally came to your senses. You've got a great voice Billie."

"Its not that great"

"Its great for the songs we do," said Mike.

"I want to play at the Gilman one day," said Billie

"You're kidding?" said Mike

"No. That's my ambition. I'm gonna play there one day. Are you with me on this one Mikey boy?" said Billie.

"Yeah, Billie. I'm with you. I'll be with you all the way". They hi-fived and went down to the basement to wait for John.