Monster and Reese's Pieces Do Not Mix

Walking Contradiction

Kris trudged to Rae and slapped the back of her hand against Rae’s forearm.

Rae grabbed her shoulder and yelped, “OW! What the hell, Kris?!”

“You and you’re alcohol. You know I hate it.”

“I know, Kris. Demons, though,” she reminded what she’d already explained.

“Yeah, yeah. Like we don’t all have them.”

“Eh… we ain’t all strong, Kris.”

“You are, Rae. I’ve known you since seventh grade. I know you’re strong.”

“Yeah, yeah. Help me up.” Kris grabbed her hand and pulled her weight up.

“Dwonk,” Kris commented, a smile on her face. Rae laughed, a weird nose coming from her throat.

“Did I ever tell you, you have a strange laugh?”

“Constantly,” Rae grinned.

“Hey, where’s your husband?”

“I dunno. He was out with Pat, wasn’t he?” Kris’s phone rang just as Ray finished the sentence. Her eyes grew wider and wider with each word received from the phone.

Ray’s constant “What?” ‘s were annoying to Kris, but the news she’d received blocked the feeling of wanting to scream at her best friend.

“Andy’s in the hospital,” she said, as the closed the phone.

“What?!” Ray squealed. “Well, is he okay?!”

“Yeah, he’s fine,” she said, staring blankly into the air.

“Then, what’s wrong, dude?”

Kris opened her mouth, then paused, finally speaking, “Joe’s dead, Ray.”
♠ ♠ ♠
:o?