Monster and Reese's Pieces Do Not Mix

Last Night On Earth

Rae wanted to strangle Kris.

She walked back into Andy's room and sat by Andy's side. Andy looked over at her.

"She doesn't mean it."

Ray glared at him.

"My ass."

Patrick looked over at her. Ray hadn't realized how much venom had come out of her mouth.

Ray got up, kicked the chair and left the room.

She walked around the hospital for a while. Reaching the maternity area Ray stopped.

She peered in at all the babies. Touching her stomach a tear slid down Rae's face.

She'd yet to have the tumor checked, but she saw a nurse leave the room and come see her. Rae wiped her eyes.

"Is one of them yours?" The kindly nurse asked.

Rae shook her head.

"I was pregnant, and I lost the baby."

"Oh, that had to have been hard. It happened to my sister once."

"Everything in my life has been screwed up ever since the night I got pregnant. I got raped that made me pregnant, I found out I was pregnant and got engaged. I lost the baby, found out I had cancer, lost the person I was engaged to, started smoking again, got back together with the person, he in an accident, my best friend's boyfriend died and now I just lost my best friend."

The nurse nodded. "Sounds like you just need a break."

"A break.. Huh.. Maybe your right."

"Maybe I am." She gave Rae a knowing look.

"Thanks." Rae said.

"You're welcome."

Rae continued walking and ended up back in Andy's room.

"Jesus Rae, don't scare us like that!" Patrick said.

"Yeah what's the big idea? Are you trying to give Andy a heart attack?"

Rae shrugged. "I'm going for a smoke. You staying or coming?" she asked.

"Staying." Everyone said.

"Good."

Rae walked out.
♠ ♠ ♠
THERE
Now update Bloodshot Eyes Kris