Sequel: Noel.

This Is How We Do.

Dear Maria, Count Me In.

The beach at this time of year was really warm, luckily we all had bought our bathers. The water wasn't as warm as the air, seeing as it was the end of Summer. Clouds lined the sky, and small waves crashed against the rocks, near the boat harbor. Jack and Kellsie had already gone into the water, them being the ones that could handle cold water, not cold weather. Alex and I opted to stay up on the warm sand.

"So, Alex, we're going to visit my relatives up north tomorrow," I sighed, closing my eyes and laying back in the sand, with a smile.

"I know," Alex said slowly, "I'm actually pretty nervous. I hope you're dad likes me." I opened my eyes and looked at his face. He was frowning.

"I don't think he will..." I looked at him seriously, and then giggled. "Alex Gaskarth, nobody could hate you, " I said, tapping his nose with my index finger. Alex chuckled and swatted my hand away from his face.

"Hmm, I hope so."

"He knows a lot about you," I said with a laugh, "mum's been telling him how nice you are; 'Oh Derek, he's a wonderful boy!' are her exact words," I laughed.

"How do you know?"

"I was under her bed."

"What the hell," he laughed, "why?" With a grin, I shrugged my shoulders.

"I was looking for Tigger."

"You couldn't just look under her bed, instead of actually going under it?"

"Nope," I replied with a grin. I closed my eyes once again, and pulled my sunglasses down over my shut eyes. The next thing I knew, I was being woken up by an almighty shreik.

"Kadee!" Jack was screaming. I jumped up really fast and spun around. The sun was now going down and Alex was no longer sitting beside me.

"What the heck?" I said in confusion, scratching my chin.

"Kadee, you fell asleep about an hour ago," Jack laughed, plopping down beside me.

"What! Why didnt you wake me up, idiot?"

"Because Alex told us he's chop us up if we did," he explained.

"Where is Alex?"

"He went to get us all something to eat, he said to wait here," Jack told me pulling me back down onto my towel. He crawled over to me and sat on my stomach. He didn't get off, though I was screaming and bashing his back with my fists.

"Jack Bassam Barakat, get off of my girlfriend if you'd like to keep your family jewels!" I heard Alex laugh.

"Alex, I totally almost died! You left me all defenceless!" I pretended to be mad, but no one took it seriously seeing as I was laughing.

"Okay, so I got us all something to eat," Alex said, holding up two bags of Hungry Jacks, and a drink tray with four cokes on it. "Jack because your fat, I got you a large hamburger meal thing. Kells, I bought you a chicken burger like you asked for. And Kadee, I bought you a whopper meal thing. I got the same as you Kadee," He announced. Alex handed out the meals and we sat and ate quietly.

We watched the last rays of the Australian Summer sun disappear into the ocean. Tomorrow would be the first day of Autumn. At last we all finished our food and decided to make our way back to my house. Kellsie and Jack were staying over, as well as Alex. They were both coming to meet my family up north with Alex, even though Kellsie had already met them.

We stayed untill the sun finally disapeared behind the horizon. Warmth fading to a calming coolness. Alex wrapped and arm around my shoulder and helped me up, Jack was doing the same for Kellsie.
♠ ♠ ♠
hmmm,
I had started not liking this story, but now that the flashbacks are gone, I'm liking it a little more.
xx