You Could Love Me If I Learnt How to Lie

"Are you in love with me yet?"

There she was, standing in the doorway of the compartment, hand on her chubby hip.

“What?” I had nothing else to say, she had caught me off guard.

“This is private business, Parkinson, go away.” Draco didn't even glance at her.

“Drakkie, we have a bigger and better compartment. When your finished with the freak come and join us. I'm sure she won't take up much of your precious time.” She blew a kiss at him before slamming the door behind her and giggling to whatever posse of equally bitchy friends that what were waiting for her.

“I hate her.”

“Everyone does. Now listen to me -” He was interrupted again as the door opened and my best friend pulled her trunk in.

“Hello!” She sat down next to me, before realising that Draco was in the compartment. “Oh. What are you doing in here?” She asked him bluntly. He looked at her. A weird feeling went through my stomach as their eyes met. Was this jealously?

“I'm talking to Stonzie.” Draco said, in a softer tone than he was using for me. I knew Adrienne was cute, but she's never had a boyfriend and I know this sounds horrible of me, after all she is my best friend; but even though she is cute, I never saw her as a threat to my own beauty. That makes me the worst friend ever I know. The fact is though, is that we are so damn different. I have the exotic, Italian looks due to my family, she is more an English rose. Her dark blonde hair is shoulder length, her eyes dark blue and her skin that perfectly pale colour and her cheeks turn ever so slightly pink in any temperature below or above room temp.

“Right.” She didn't sound too impressed with him. My heart swelled with love for her, I guess I was worried she'd fancy him but I knew she would be better than that.

“Anyway, I'll talk to you later, Constanteasia. Nice to meet you.” Draco nodded at her and stood up.

“Adrienne. My name is Adrienne.” She spoke up to him.

“Nice to meet you... Adrienne.” His mouth rolled her name around and placed it gently into the conversation. It made my stomach flip again. Except – thinking straight – if Draco falls for Adrienne, there would be no chance in hell we could marry. He wouldn't, my father wouldn't make me get married to someone who is in a relationship with someone else.

Once the door was shut firmly behind Draco, I started to plan on how to get Adrienne and Draco together to save myself. A little voice in the back of my mind told me I really was my fathers daughter, but I ignored it.

“Wow, I noticed some chemistry between you and Malfoy.” I smirked at her. Her cheeks blushed red.

“Really? Did you? I mean he's cute but god he'd never go for someone like me.” She blushed, awkwardly.

“Of course he would! God your cute!” I smiled at her. She beamed back at me, then caught herself.

“Shut up.” She said seriously at me. “Who cares if I'm in with a chance. It's Malfoy. End of. Anyway what was he in here asking about?” I was caught off guard – again.

“He was asking about you silly. He saw you on the platform and recognised you from last year and knew that we were best friends and came to ask me about you.” I lied ever so quickly. I shocked myself.

“Don't lie.” She looked at me sternly and I held her stare easily. I saw her starting to waiver. “Seriously? I'm flattered.” I smiled softly at her.

“Seriously. I think you might be on Draco's list.”

“He's still Malfoy. No matter how flattered I am.” Yet her blushing cheeks defied what she really felt. I knew she was secretly rather happy with lie I made up.

As the train puffed into action, I knew I should feel happier. I'm hopefully getting out of a terrible marriage that I really don't want. But why, oh why, do I feel so jealous over the fact that Draco may fancy my best friend and that I'm trying to push them together?!

***

Sitting alone on the Slytherin dining room table, I made a sad face across the room to Adrienne who was sitting next to our other friend, Lindsay on the Ravenclaw table. Draco fell down on the bench next to me, his cronies sitting around next to us.

“Evenin' Stonzie. Have we missed much?” Draco asked me. I looked at him.

“What? Why are you sitting with me?” I hissed at him, trying not to look at his 'friends' and also avoiding my own friends damn judgement eyes.

“We can sit where we want, Zolaris.” Draco smirked at me. He placed his hand on mine under the table and I couldn't deny the flutter that appeared in my heart suddenly. I didn't move, pretending I was listening intently to Dumbledore's speech but it was the last thing on my mind.

“Are you in love with me yet?” Draco whispered in my ear, moving my hair back with one hand and holding the back of my neck with the other.

I shook my head out of his dirty paws. Dumbledore stopped babbling on, something about putting on the light, blaaaaah. The dinner filled itself on everyones plates and the whole hall erupted with the sound of excited chatter. Friends all over were catching up from the summer. I didn't want my food, I had absolutely no appetite even though I hadn't eaten since breakfast. I pushed my plate away from me, took a gulp of pumpkin juice and stepped away from the table.

I walked by myself to the Slytherin common room, giving the password to the portrait that I had aquired from a Slytherin prefect, and took myself slowly off to bed.
♠ ♠ ♠
Soooooooooo Sorry its taken me about 12years (exaggeration!) to update! College has been hectic. We've been sending off University applications and trying to revise for the January exams so arrghh! But I'm baaaaccckkkk! =)