I'll Be Your Best Kept Secret And Your Biggest Mistake

Keep quiet, nothing comes as easy as you

After Autumn gabbed on the phone for a few more hours, the rain died down, but still drizzled lightly. All the roads were glazed over, making them a darker shade of black than what they were originally. Cars that passed by slashed the water that was on the edges of the street. Pete was stuck having to call hisgirlfriend friend and tell her the plans for tonight and to meet them at some small diner not to far from where him, the guys, and Autumn lived. He still didn't understand how he had gotten himself into the mess, but he did know that it was going to be a long night
………………......
They all sat in a booth up next to a big window by the front door, Autumn sitting next to Ben, and Pete across from Ben and next to hisgirlfriend, Lexie. They were the only one's in there, so whatever movement they made could be heard, although it may have been hard for them to hear over the rain which was back to bombing everything below the sky. Even the music that played was hard to hear, but you could make out the beat. Autumn snuggled up next to Ben and kept on giggling, while Lexie was holding onto Pete's hand tightly and squishing him between the window and her body. She didn't move from her position when they ordered, only when Autumn drug her to the bathroom with her.

"So, Lexie seems nice," Ben said, Pete's head shooting up from looking down.

"Yeah, she is."

"Autumn told me that you and her went out before," he stated, putting his elbows on the table and resting his head on top of his hands.

"We did, yeah, before she went off to college and met you," Pete's voice started out strong and grew softer when he hit the end of his sentence. Ben just laughed lightly, grabbing Pete's attention. "What's so funny?"

"The fact that you think you still have a chance with her, that's all," he said, leaning back into the booth. Pete raised an eyebrow.

"What are yo-"

"Look," Ben's voice sounded stern and cruel as he leaned forward, "let's get a few things straight here. Autumn broke up with you. She doesn't love you. And she never will have those feelings for you again. She's my property now. Not your's. You talk to her, or stay in the same room as her, and there will be hell to pay, got it?"

"I don't know who you think yo-"

"I think that I'm Autumn's boyfriend, and you better do as I say, or else-"

"Or else what," Pete's voice made it clear that he was being brave, "Are you going to threaten to kill me?" Ben leaned back.

"No, wasn't going to do that. And this isn't a threat either, this is a definite fate for her," he said, leaning back into the booth.

"Her," Pete questioned, now completely confused.

"Yes, Autumn. Go anywhere near her, talk to her, or make eye contact with her and consider it your fault that she dies," Ben smirked. Pete tried looking for a hint of fakeness in any of Ben's moves, but no luck. "Her life lies in your hands, Pete. One false move and you drop it." He gulped when the girl's came back. Pete just wished that Ben was fooling around. Unfortunately, he wasn't.