But Have You Seen This Girl?

Liar Liar

It's been one year since the summer she walked out of his life.

'You do your best to show me love, but you don't know what love is.'her note read.

Cliche he knew, for someone to quote a song rather than state their own feelings.
But that was her, her style. Something he'd never forget.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"Come on Kait, please?", Shaant begged as he followed her into her room.

"No way in hell", she replied as she tossed her purse onto her made bed.

"Kaitlyn they're not even doing Warped this year."

Kaitlyn turned to look at him, she could usually tell if he was lying, "Promise?"

"Promise", he stated smiling.

She nodded relecutantly.

"So this means you'll do it?!" he asked making sure he understood her.

She nodded, only to be tackled onto her bed by one of her best friends, Shaant.


That day plays over and over in her head as she thinks about what the hell she was thinking when she agreed to do merch for Cute Is What We Aim For for the second year. This heat was enough to make her want to jump on the next flight back to Buffalo. Not to mention the annoying girls who possibly thought they could fit into a small, when really, she didn't even fit into a small, and she was thin as a board.

"How's it going biatch?" Jeff asked walking up from behind her messing with his sidekick.

"It's the first day, and I already want to quit and go home", Kaitlyn mumbled as she handed a girl her shirt.

"Well want to take a break and go watch a set with me?" he asked still focusing on his kick.

"And who is going to stay and do merch Jeff? I can't just leave all this stuff here", she stated referring to the full boxes of shirts and booty shorts.

"Well.." he started but stopped not knowing what to reply.

"Exactly."

"What's up bitches?!"

Kaitlyn looked up to see Shaant on the outside of the table.

"Shaant can do merch", Jeff said.

"Come again?" Shaant questioned.

"You're going to do merch while Kait and I go watch a set. See ya!" Jeff said while grabbing a hold of her hand and running off with her dragging behind him, before Shaant could say no.

Jeff and Kait walked on stage and waited on the side for the band to start. Their crew just finished set up and walked off as the band went running on causing a ruckus of noise from the crowd.

"Who is this?" she asked not looking up from her sidekick as she read a strongly worded text from Shaant about leaving him to do merch.

"Just some friends", he replied shortly.

They started into one of their songs, it sounded familiar, but she paid no attention really as she replied to Shaant with a strongly worded text as to why it would be good for him. Their song ended, her text message sent, shutting her kick and sliding it into her back pocket. She looked up to see four boys, and one boy she never wanted to see again.

"I'm leaving", Kait simply stated as she walked past Jeff and off stage and out into the crowd, hoping he hadn't seen her. But fate was against Kaitlyn.

"This next song goes out to a special girl, she walked out on me a year ago, but fate has brought her back to me." his voice said out to the crowd.

Kaitlyn stopped in her tracks, turned and looked at him, "Kait this is for you" he said as he started to play.

Woke up from dreaming and put on his shoes
Starting making his way past 2 in the morning
He hasn't been sober for days
Leaning out into the breeze
Remembering Sunday, he falls to his knees
They had breakfast together
But two eggs don't last
Like the feeling of what he needs
Now this place is familiar to him
She pulls on his hand with a devilish grin
She led him upstairs, she led him upstairs
Left him dying to get in
Forgive me, I'm trying to find
My calling, I'm calling at night
I don't mean to be a bother,
But have you seen this girl?
She's been running through my dreams
And it's driving me crazy, it seems
I'm going to ask her to marry me


Still looking at him she shook her head, and turned and walked out of the crowd as the rest of the song faded out.

Even though she doesn't believe in love,
He's determined to call her bluff
Who could deny these butterflies?
They're filling his gut..


If you hadn't caught on yet. He was no other than the infamous, Alexander William Gaskarth. Her ex-boyfriend.

As the merch table came into view Kait pulled out her sidekick and sent a message to Jeff, it read, 'Fuck you, asshole.'Shaant saw her and smiled big at Kait only to recieve a cold stare back, if he only knew the wrath she was about to unleash.