But Have You Seen This Girl?

Why'd You Leave?

"JACK!" Kaitlyn screamed as she looked away from Alex towards Jack still being held back by Michael.

He didn't reply, just stayed silent.

"Kaitlyn?" Alex questioned.

She turned and looked at Alex, who again called her name,"Kait?"

She shook her head as she backed away from the scene in front of her. This wasn't supposed to happen. Atleast not like this. Not in front of everyone and anyone. She ran, ran like hell.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The rest of the day Kaitlyn locked herself in the Cute bus with Jimmy. She didn't eat, didn't drink, didn't sleep, just sat and watched television with Jimmy perched on her lap. She kicked everyone off the Cute bus, including Michael. She didn't want to see anyone, she didn't want to talk with anyone. She just wanted to be alone with Jimmy. And if she had to leave the bus she would avoid Alex at all costs. He hadn't been there for Kait, he hadn't been there for Jimmy. He wasn't just going to waltz back into her life like that. She'd rather have Jimmy not have a father figure than have one who wasn't mature enough to take care of himself let alone anyone else. She wouldn't put Jimmy through that. She promised herself.

Five hours later Jimmy had just fallen asleep next to her on the couch when there was a knock at the door. Kaitlyn quietly rose from the couch not wanting to wake Jimmy, she walked over to the door and peaked out through the window and came face to face with Alex staring her in the face. She quickly closed the curtain, and stood there waiting for him to say something, for him to plead to let him in, something. Alex wouldn't give up without a fight.

"KAITLYN! OPEN THE GOD DAMN DOOR!" he yelled.

He was going to wake up Jimmy.

She pulled the curtain back and mouthed, 'Be quiet!' and shut it once more. But of course Alex being the asshole that he is, started banging on the door, screaming, "KAITLYN YOU OPEN THIS DOOR RIGHT NOW! I SWEAR TO FUCKING GOD I'LL STAY OUT HERE FOREVER! YOU HAVE TO TALK TO ME EVENTUALLY!"

She debated.

Let Alex in? Or leave him to scream his head off? Either option had it's ups and downs. She sighed as she opened up the door. Alex stoped yelling, he looked quite shocked, as if he didn't think Kait would actually open up the door.

"Be quiet. Jimmy's asleep. And I don't need you waking him up." she said to Alex glaring just a tad bit.

"Okay." Alex whispered as he turned away from her and waved to someone.

"Who'd you just wave to?" she questioned.

Alex pointed towards a group of guys, who could only be the rest of Cute is What We Aim For, All Time Low and Boys Like Girls. They all had their cheesy grins on their faces as they caught sight of Kaitlyn, she smiled briefly before turning and leaving Alex at the bottom of the stairs. He soon followed behind her. She took a seat at the booth table scooting closer to the window, expecting Alex to take the seat across from her. But he didn't. He took the one next to her, making her slightly uncomfortable as she shifted in her seat.

"We have a lot to talk about, don't we?" Alex asked.

Kaitlyn couldn't even look at Alex. She nodded in reply. "Where do you wanna start?" she asked him softly.

"Why'd you leave? I mean I know why. But you just got up and left, just leaving this note." he said digging through his pocket and pulling out a piece of paper, handing it to Kaitlyn. She took the note from him, and unfolded it. She laughed as she read the song lyrics she wrote down.

"I can't believe you actually kept this."

"How could I not? It was the only thing left I had of you." he replied as he looked at her, a smile lightly playing on his lips.

"That night...when I went to see you..when I found you. I was going to tell you that I was pregnant." Kait said as she folded up the note and placed it on the table and slid it towards Alex.

"I..I..So I am the dad?" Alex stuttered out.

"Yeah, you are."

"Kait, I am so sorry." he said as he grabbed a hold of her small frail hands. She turned to look at Alex, his eyes bore into her soul just as much as they did the first time they met. The butterflies, even she couldn't deny them, but she couldn't just forget about the past. It was imprinted in her mind.

"Alex don't." she said pulling her hands away.

"Don't what?" he asked confused.

"Just don't." she said climbing out from behind the table and out towards the couch.

He sighed and followed her towards the couch, "I want to be a part of his life Kait. I want to be there for him. For you."

"You can't do this Alex. You just can't." she softly said as her voice cracked.

"Why not? I need to take responsiblility for what I've done here Kaitlyn! And you can't deny me my son. He's mine too you know." Alex said raising his voice slightly.