But Have You Seen This Girl?

You're Settling For Second Best

"So..." Kaitlyn said trying to make conversation with Alex but failing horribly.

"So what's going on between Jack and you?" Alex asked as he retreated back and took a seat on the couch.

"We're not official , but we might as well be." she replied as she grabbed a water from the small fridge in the kitchen area.

"What do you see in him, that you don't see in me?" Alex asked as his eyes found hers.

To tell the truth there wasn't much difference between Alex and Jack. When she first met them, she thought they were brothers because they acted so much alike. But Alex had a way of making Kaitlyn go weak in the knees every time he looked at her. Where Jack could make her feel like so much more than she really was. And to her that was more important.

"Face it Kaitlyn, you're settling for second best. When you could have the best thing for you", he said standing from his seat on the couch, standing in front of you, continuing, "me."

"I believe you're wrong. Jack is what is best for me right now, not you Alex. In fact I don't think you were ever good for me in any possible way." she said twisting the lid off of her water bottle.

"That hurt Kaitlyn."

"The truth hurts, Alex"

He smirked as he stood in front of Kaitlyn, "The truth is, you'll never be over me and what we had. Nothing Jack could ever give you can ever compare to the feelings I gave you and I'm pretty sure still give you."

She didn't have anything to say to Alex. Her brain wouldn't function correctly. Alex Gaskarth made her stupid.

"Just know, that I'll be here waiting for you. When you've figured out for yourself that you made a mistake with taking a chance with Jack. You'll be back in my arms sooner than you can imagine, Kaitlyn." he said as he made he way towards the door.

"I wouldn't hold your breath if I were you Alex." she replied to his comment as she watched him walk down the stairs.

"Till next time my sweet." he said winking at Kait before walking out of the bus.

Oh boy. Alex Gaskarth just had to make everything complicated again. But then again things never did really stop being complicated. Kaitlyn stood in the bus alone, she was fucked.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

After everything had happened Jack knew he needed to make things official between Kaitlyn and him before Alex got any ideas of making a move on Kaitlyn. But he didn't have a clue what to do, he wanted to make it special and sweet, but not corny. Although something corny would fit him perfectly.

"Hayley, remember how last tour you tried so hard to get Kaitlyn to sing on stage?"

Hayley looked at Jack with a slight twinkle in her eye, "What are you thinking Barakat?"

"Well..."

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
"Hey Kait!" someone yelled trying to get her attention. Kait turned away from the guy she was paying for her vitamin water, and saw Josh Farro running towards her.

"Oh hey, Josh." she said as she twisted off the lid.

"What're you doing right now?" he asked out of breath.

"Nothing, why?"

"Okay good. Then you're coming with me." he said as he grabbed a hold of her hand and started running towards the lucky thirteen stage.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Jack waited backstage with Hayley, Zach and Jeremy as they waited for Josh to come back with hopefully Kaitltyn by his side. And bam! Just like that Josh and Kaitlyn showed up, and just in the nick of time too.

"You're on!" someone from their crew yelled as the four ran on stage. But he wasn't paying too much attention to them, he was staring at Kaitlyn.

"Hey Kaitlyn."

She turned to look at Jack, and smiled briefly before turning to watch the set. She was going to make this hard on him. Great.

Paramore played two songs when they started the intro to For a Pessimist I'm Pretty Optimistic.

"Oh, I love this song." Kaitlyn said to no one inparticular.

Just talk yourself up
And tear yourself down
You've hit your one wall..


That's when Hayley looked like she was having trouble breathing. Cue for me of course.

"What's wrong with her?!" Kaitlyn asked worried.

"I don't know."

Hayley came running over and handed the mic off to Kaitlyn, "What? What do you want me to do with this!?" she asked panicking.

"Get out there Kaitlyn!" Jack yelled as he pushed Kaitlyn out onto the stage.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Standing in front of the huge crowd was intensely nerveracking. Thankfully Josh came walking over, "Listen we're going to start the song over, just sing your heart out alright?"

"Josh I can't." she tried to tell him.

"Do it for Jack." Josh told her, grabbing onto her hand reassuringly.

She smiled softly, "Alright."

Josh walked back over to his spot and spoke into the mike, "Hey, this is our good friend Kaitlyn, she's going to help us out while Hayley calms down."

Once again they started the song.

Just talk yourself up
And tear yourself down
You've hit your one wall
Now find a way around
Well what's the problem?
You've got a lot of nerve


Kaitlyn breathed in deep.

So what did you think I would say?
No you can't run away, no you can't run away
So what did you think I would say?
No you can't run away, no you can't run away
You wouldn't
I never wanted to say this
You never wanted to stay
I put my faith in you, so much faith
And then you just threw it away
You threw it away


the crowd was going crazy.

I'm not so naive
My sorry eyes can see
The way you fight shy
Of almost everything
Well, if you give up
You'll get what you deserve
So what did you think I would say?
No you can't run away, no you can't run away
So what did you think I would say?
No you can't run away, no you can't run away
You wouldn't


Kaitlyn really started to get into now, as she danced around the stage.

I never wanted to say this
You never wanted to stay
I put my faith in you, so much faith
And then you just threw it away
You threw it away


She saw Alex in the crowd. This was it.

You were finished long before
We had even seen the start
Why don't you stand up, be a man about it?
Fight with your bare hands about it now
I never wanted to say this
You never wanted to stay well did you
I put my faith in you, so much faith
And then you just threw it away
I never wanted to say this
You never wanted to stay
I put my faith in you, so much faith
And then you just threw it away


"Let's hear it for Kaitlyn!"

The crowd roared. Kaitlyn waved and walked off the stage, to rejoin Jack and the okay looking Hayley. Who were right now busting up laughing.

"Was I really that bad?" Kaitlyn asked self conscious of herself.

"No, you were great!" Jack said smiling giving her a hug.

"Then why are you laughing?!"

"It was..a set up..!" Hayley laughed before taking off on stage dragging Jack with her.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Jack was now on stage with Hayley.

"Now I'm sure you all know who this is. And if you don't someone should punch you in the face right now!"

The crowd cheered. Hayley handed off the mic to Jack, and he looked out into the crowd.

"Is it hot enough for you out here?" he asked into the crowd.

They screamed.

"Well I won't hold you up from Paramore much longer. But I need you to help me get Kaitlyn back out on stage. Let her hear you scream!"

The screaming didn't help, Josh and Zach had to go over there and carry her back out on stage.

"Thanks my bitches."

"No problem hoe."

Jack smiled before looking at Kaitlyn, "Kaitlyn, I know that these times between us have been like riding on a crazy roller coaster but I've found that it's all been worth it. It's been worth it because I've gotten to know you so much better, I know the real you, it's been worth it because I've had the opportunity to spend so much time with someone so special. I know I'm not perfect, but you see past my imperfections and love me for who I am. I love you Kaitlyn."

He then pulled out a ring from his pocket.

"It's a promise ring. That I'll love you from here to eternity. Nothing could ever change the way I feel about you. I've found the girl I'm meant to spend the rest of my life with. You. Kaitlyn, will you marry me? Not now, maybe not for a couple months or a couple years, when you're ready."

Jack went down on his knee and grabbed a hold of her hand, awaiting her answer.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Jack had just asked her to marry him. The boy who proved to her that he would be able to to deal with a son. The boy who proved to her that her heart would always be safe as long as he had it. She knew her answer, as he went down on his knee and took a hold of her hand.

She smiled, "You expect me to marry you after you just tricked me into singing in front of this huge crowd?"

"Well um yeah."

"I guess I really love you alot, cause of course I'll marry you."