But Have You Seen This Girl?

Unfinished Business

"Gee Gaskarth it seems like you've been around the block quite a few times." Ronnie commented as he released Kait's wrist, but remained just as close.

"Gee Winter, it seems like you're still the asshole you were a few weeks ago. I guess some things never change." Alex spat in Ronnie's face as he walked towards them, and now stood between Kaitlyn and Ronnie.

"This doesn't involve you Gaskarth. Kait and I have some unfinished business." Ronnie retorted.

"That's where your little pea brain is wrong. If it involves Kait or my kid, it does involve me." Alex said pushing Ronnie back, "So if I were you I'd back the fuck off of her."

Ronnie didn't look phased at Alex's worsds. Instead a small smirk formed on his face,"Doesn't it hurt Gaskarth? To have your best friend steal your girl from you, not to mention, behind your back?"

Ronnie just had to go there.

"Shut the fuck up Winter." Alex growled, Ronnie had obviously hit a soft spot.

"Alex stop, let's go." Kait said pulling on Alex's hand gently. And it seemed when she touched Alex's hand, he calmed down, not entirely, but just enough.

"Go and listen to the slutty bitch Gaskarth." Ronnie commented.

Alex stared at him menacingly, if looks could kill.

"Please Alex, let's just go." she said standing in front of him.

He took one last look at Ronnie before taking hold of kaitlyn's small hand and walking away, "That guy's a fucking douche."

"But you know he was right about one thing." Alex said as he watched Kait put Jimmy into her bunk for a nap.

She looked at him curiously, "And what was he right about Alex?"

"It hurts more than you could ever know." was all that he said, and instantly she knew what he was talking about.

Kaitlyn was left speechless, I mean of course she knew it hurt Alex. But she never really stopped to think how bad it hurt Alex to know that Jack his best friend took away the last hope of ever getting Kaitlyn back.

"It's been three whole days since I've had sleep-"

"Alex-" she said trying to stop him from singing.

"No let me finish Kait."

She was defeated as he began to sing once more.

"Because I dream of his lips on your cheek...And I got the point that I should leave you alone..But we both know that I'm not that strong..And I miss the lips that made me fly."

By that point Kaitlyn was officially torn into two, stuck between two boys, best friends.

"Alex it just isn't that simple." she told him.

"I'm not asking for it to be simple. Look kaitlyn, I know I messed up what we had, and I know that you could find someone so much better than me, hell you already have. If there's one thing that I can always count on knowing is that you could never love someone else the same way you loved me. Never as passionate, as innocent, and never as true."

"Alex I'm engaged-"

"To my best friend, yeah I know." he said kneeling down in front of me as I sat on the couch. "But all I'm asking is that before you say I do to him, is that you make sure he's the one. Take a chance on me, let me show you that I'm the one Kaitlyn. Let me be your knight in shining armour again. You're my everything, and don't even think that for one second that that has ever changed, you've always been the one for me."

"Alex why are you doing this?" she asked as she choked back tears, "Why are you making this harder than it has to be?"

"Because I love you, simple as that." he said holding her face lovingly as he kissed her for the first time in a year. And oh how she missed the way his lips felt against hers, the way he tasted. It was enough to make her forget all the wrong that had gone on between them in the past.