But Have You Seen This Girl?

Five More Minutes Mom

The warmth of someone breathing against her neck, the arms entangled around her waist, shocked the hell out of Kaitlyn. Considering she couldn't remember shit of what happened last night. Wait, it was all surely, but slowly coming back to her. She went to the party, hung out with Jack, and wait...no that couldn't have happened. She turned to look at her company in her bunk, praying that it would be Jack, and saw Alex, sound asleep, with a cute smile on his face.

"Fuck my life." she said as she sat up carefully in the bunk, reaching towards the end of the bunk grabbing her under garments and clothes that she had shed the night before. Redressing quickly, she managed to shift herself away from Alex enough to tap him in the chest, "Alex, wake up."

"Five more minutes mom." she said slapping away her hand.

She laughed once, "You have to get up Alex."

He groaned and shifted the other way, facing the wall of the bunk.

"Alex fucking Gaskarth you get out of this bed or I-"

"You'll what?" he asked turning his head towards her with his infamous lopsided smile.

"You brat." she said reaching over and smacking him, "Get out of my bed!"

"Ooh you just went all fifth grader on me!"

"Get out Alex." she said seriously.

He shook his head, "So I'm to understand that this is to remain between the two of us?"

"I'm marrying you-"

"Engaged." he corrected.

"Same thing."

"No, completely different. But go on."

"I'm engaged to your best friend. I don't think it'd be a good idea if he were to find out that we had sex while we're engaged. It wouldn't go well", she tried explaining.

He played with the sheets his was wrapped in, before starting, "Kait, do you remember at all what you said last night?"

She looked at him questioning, and shook her head no.

"'You came back into my life, and opened up that hole in me. The same hole that I thought had been fully healed. I guess I was just lying to myself when I said I didn't love you anymore.' You love me Kait, and you always have, no matter what I do, you know better than I do, that you'd always let me come back into your life. Whether it took hours, days, weeks, months, or years, you wouldn't get far without me," he exhaled, and inhaled, "I love you so much more than Jack ever could. I'm not just saying that because I want you for my own, okay maybe I am, but it's true. He may be able to give you a lot more, more material things than I could, but I always thought you were more than some girl who could just be bought. We have a son, a beautiful baby boy, who I just met, and I'd really like to be in his life Kaitlyn. Give him a good life, a good home, and a complete family."

He had been talking a mile a minute, it took her awhile to comprehend all of what Alex had just told her.

"Kaitlyn?"

She stared at her hands as Alex took hold of them.

"Kait? Anyone home?" he asked tapping her in the center of her forehead.

"Can you just WAIT?!" she snapped at Alex, "You just told me a ton of information, and to tell you the truth you were talking soo damn fast my brain can't function that quick!"

"Whoops..sorry. Take your time."

She thought of all of what had happened between them. She thought of all what could happen between them. And she thought of all that wouldn't happen if she didn't give them another chance.

"Alex?"

"Yeah?"

"I love you. But right now, I can't just go running into your arms like you'd like. It's going to take time, and it may be a long time before you and I are ever more than friends. But I'm willing to give us another chance, if you're willing to prove to me that you're nothing like the boy who broke my heart."

"I love you too Kaitlyn." he said before leaning into to kiss her, "And I'm willing to prove anything to you."

She nodded her head, "You should probably go, before the guys wake up."

"Yeah, this would be awkward to explain." he said as he found his clothes in the bunk, redressing quickly.

"Looking for these?" she said holding up his salmon colored underwear.

"Give me those!" he said snappy as he tackled her back onto the bed, grabbing them from her.

Five minutes later he was dressed as she was, and was slippin on his shoes, "What're you going to do about Jack?"

She hadn't thought of Jack at all, she only thought of herself, and her wants.

"I don't know, but let me deal with it."

"Mkay, I'll see you later?" he asked as he leaned into the bunk giving her a goodbye kiss.

"Definitely."

She watched him head down the hall, when she heard a chorus of "Bye Alex"'s come from the bunks around hers.

"Bye guys." he replied as he laughed leaving the bus.

As soon as she heard the door shut, she stood up from her bunk. "What did I tell you boys about listening to my conversations?!" she screamed as she jumped out of her bunk and into Shaant's hitting him with his pillows.