Status: On Break

Dark Dances on Cold Nights

Raw Ink

Aislinn walked groggily into the messy kitchen of her apartment. Her mom smiled at her from the table.

"Morning Aislinn," she said cheerfully.

"Augyoutalksoerleynoloudblah," Aislinn mumbled, pulling cereal out of the cupboard and opening the fridge.

"What was that?" Her mom looked amused and took a sip of her coffee.

"Morning mom," Aislinn grumbled and sat on the counter while she ate her cereal.

"Long night?" Aislinn's mom asked.

"Kinda," Aislinn sat quietly, debating whether or not to tell her mom about last night, "faery stuff."

"I'm sorry honey," her mom said, sympathetically, "I wish I could tell them to lay off, but unfortunately they don't like listening to me."

"I know mom," Aislinn gave her a weak smile and got off the counter.

She grabbed her keys and walked out of the apartment. Aislinn walked down the street, zipping up her hoodie against the cold. She rounded the corner and saw a tall dark haired boy, wearing black jeans and a hoodie, leaning against a car.

"Zane," Aislinn smiled, walking towards the boy.

She tried to keep her pace steady, but didn't succeed very well.

"That's what I like in the morning, a cute girl running towards me screaming my name," Zane smiled.

"I didn't scream, and I am not running," Aislinn said defensively, "I am walking at a slightly quickened pace."

"Whatever Ash," Zane pulled her into a hug, and she blushed.

No. Bad girl, don't blush. He's a freind. Just a friend. Zane doesn't date long term. I don't date long term. Parties and doubles if Avery begs, that's the rule. Stick with it. If I had a fling with Zane it would just complicate things.

"Ash?" Zane waved a hand in front of Aislinn's face.

"Huh? Oh sorry Zane," Aislinn said, snapping out of her thoughts.

"Jeez Ash, you've been such a spaz lately," Zane said as they started walking.

"Yeah I know, I'm really sorry."

"I know a way you can make it up to me," Zane pulled her towards him.

Aislinn pushed him away, "in your dreams babe."

No. No flirting.

They walked a few blocks until they reached a small building, with "Raw Ink" written on the front.

"After you m'lady," Zane said, opening the door and bowing.

"Why thank you good sir," Aislinn laughed as she walked inside.

"Hey guys, be with you in a sec," Mark called from the back of the shop.

Aislinn walked around the shop, looking at all the sketches of tattoos on the walls, tracing her fingers over the plastic. She looked over her shoulder, watching Zane talking to Mark. He gestured at his eyebrow piercing, then said something and gestures towards the spot where she was standing.Aislinn could almost see her name lingering on his lips. She smiled to herself. What is he talking about? Is it important? About me or the tattoos behind me?She turned back to the sketches so they wouldn't see her looking at them, absently tracing her fingers over the sketches again as she wondered why Zane said her name.

"Ash?" Zane's voice startled her, pulling her out of her thoughts.

Aislinn turned to look at Zane, and he smiled -a smile that could make her heart stop, make the world stop spinning- she returned it happily and asked, "yeah?"

"Are you done here, cause we could head to the Trap if you want," He smiled again and all she could do was nod.

Zane and Aislinn linked arms and walked out of the shop.

"So did you decide yet?" Aislinn asked as they walked down the dark streets toward the club.

"Not yet, but I'm thinking snake bites," Zane looked at Aislinn, waiting for an opinion.

"Awesome," She smiled an aproving smile, "I think they'd suit you well."

He nodded in gratitude, "I thought you'd like them. So I saw you eyeing the tattoos, are you thinking of getting one?"

"Maybe," Aislinn nodded and looked ahead of her, thinking.

Zane remained silent, letting her process whatever she needed to.

"Snake bites," she finally said, as they approached the door to the club.

A fairy smiled meniacally at Aislinn as she entered the club, it was a little unsettling, but she tried to ignore it as she walked into smoke filled room. Aislinn coughed and Zane pulled her closer, fanning smoke away from them as they walked through the room. The lights raced around the room as if they were looking for something, and the music blasted. People were scattered throughout the club and the dance floor was packed with people dancing crazily to the beat of the bass.

"Let's dance," Aislinn yelled over the music and people.

"You know I don't dance," Zane yelled back.

"Oh come on Zane, what are you afriad of?"

Aislinn smiled, knowing she could make him dance if she really wanted to. Zane leaned closer to her, and Aislinn thought she heard him wisper, 'looking bad in front of you', but she couldn't be sure. She pulled him onto the dance floor, giggling as he tried to resist.

"You know, if you would just agree to dance one dance with me it wouldn't have to be this hard," Aislinn tried reasoning.

"You are never going to give this up are you?" Zane asked.

Aislinn smiled coyly and said, "I will once you dance with me."

Zane just sighed and allowed himself to be dragged onto the dance floor. They started dancing to one of the crazy upbeat songs. The dance floor was extremely crowded, but Aislinn found it suprisingly easy to focus on Zane. Their bodies moved in perfect harmony with each other and the crazy beat of the music.

When the song ended Zane dragged an energetic Aislinn off the dance floor.

"Come on Zane, one more dance," Aislinn whined.

"I said one, and I'm tired and thirsty, so we're getting a drink," Zane smiled as he pulled her off the crowded dance floor and towards the bar.

Aislinn had to admit it felt nice to be away from the heat and excitement of the dance floor. She looked around the club while Zane ordered their sodas. There weren't very many faeries out that night, which was comforting. She knew that this part of the city had less metal doors, and more trees than places closer to her house which meant more fey, but at least tonight there weren't as many. Zane came back holding two sprites. Asilinn smiled, but wavered a little when she saw that he was being followed by two faerie girls. The first girl brushed against Zane and giggled. The second one winked at Aislinn and they skipped off. Aislinn scowled, but then realized that Zane couldn't see them.

"Aislinn?" Zane asked, "Is there something wrong?"

"No," she lied, "I'm fine."

Better that he didn't know what was bothering her. Aislinn wanted to keep the fey seperate from her friends.

"Ash!" A voice called over the crowd.

"Hey Avery!" Aislinn called, happy for a distraction.

"Hey Avery," Zane said, smiling.

"Hi," Avery sounded annoyed, but Aislinn thought it would be better if she just let it be.

"So, what's going on this weekend Ave?," Aislinn said, trying to keep everyone happy and talking.

"Aill, is having a party. I thought we could check it out."

Aislinn suddenly felt uncomfortable having Zane around and said, "Zane? You wanna go get Avery a coke?"

Zane smiled and walked off.

"Avery can we not talk aboout Aill in front of Zane?" Aislinn asked, once Zane was out of earshot, "I don't like him being too close to fey things."

"Sure, but Zane's not that great of a guy," Avery said, sounding kind of distant -like something was on her mind- "You should watch out for him."

"Did something happen with you and Zane?" Aislinn asked.

"Kind of, but that's not important. I just think you put him on a pedestal, and I don't want you getting hurt."

"Coke for miss Avery," Zane said, handing Avery the coke.

Avery scowled, gave Aislinn a -remember what I told you- lookand walked off. Aislinn shook her head and turned to face Zane again. How can anyone hate him? Just look at him.

"Can we get going Zane?" Aislinn asked.

"Yeah sure Ash," He replied and they walked out of the club.
♠ ♠ ♠
Me likey this chapter, even though it's a total filler.
Comments and subscriptions please.
Comments=updates