Status: On Break

Dark Dances on Cold Nights

Wow, hot.

Aislinn ran the whole way home. Maybe if she ran fast enough she could escape the world. But before she knew, she had reached the door of her apartment building and knew she had to go inside. Aislinn had school tomorrow and couldn't afford to skip it. Her mom would kill her if she did.

Aislinn walked into the apartment and to her surprise, Zane was sitting on the couch.

"Uh, mom?" She called out.

There was no response and Zane didn't look the slightest bit surprised.

"She's not in," he stated, as if it was the most normal thing in the world.

"Then why are you in?" Asilinn asked, using his choice of words.

Zane smiled and walked over to her, pulling her down the hall to her bedroom. Aislinn was confused, seeing as Zane had never been in her house before. But somehow, she was comfortable letting him lead her.

When they got to her room, she snapped out of it enough to say, "Zane, wha-"

But he cut her off, placing a finger in front of her mouth and making a shushing sound. He closed the door and sat her down in a bean bag chair before placing himself on some pillows.

"Can I crash here for a few days?" He asked, "I'm having some issues at home."

Aislinn nodded, she never asked about his home life, but she would always give him a place to stay, if he needed it.

"You're the best, Ash, but you're not even going to ask what's happening?" He cocked an eyebrow.

Aislinn shook her head, "I don't need to know unless you want to tell me."

They sat in silence for a while, neither of them feeling the need for words. Zane moved closer and Aislinn lay her head on his shoulder.

Zane smiled as Aislinn let her head fall onto his shoulder. She was so perfect in this state, almost asleep. He reached his hand up and began to stroke her hair, making her feel completely comfortable. He could feel the soft smile as she began to fall asleep.

After making sure she was completely asleep, Zane picked Aislinn up and gently placed her on her elevated bed. He watched her smile in her sleep as he kissed her forehead.

"Goodnight Ash," Zane whispered, and sat down on the pillows, watching her sleep, until he too, fell asleep.

*

The next morning, Aislinn awoke to the smell of food. Food? In the morning? She climbed down from her bead, completely confused.

"Morning Ash," She a guy say.

He didn't turn around, but she knew it was Zane. He was standing in front of the stove, with no shirt on, making omelets. Aislinn couldn't help but stare at the definition in his muscles. She could tell, even with his back turned, that Zane had good abs.

"Want anything special in yours?" He asked, turning slightly towards her.

"Wow, hot," she said, quietly without even realizing.

At this, Zane turned around completely, a smirk playing on his lips.

"Hot?" He questioned.

"Uh....nothing in my omelet, please," Aislinn said, embarrassed.

Zane took a step towards her, completely abandoning his cooking.

Aislinn took a step back, "The..the food."

He took no notice of her words.

"Hot?" He repeated, taking another step.

"I-I meant the food," Aislinn tried.

"No you didn't," Zane's voice was low, almost a whisper.

He stepped towards her again.

"I-I...." she didn't know how to respond.

Zane took another step, "You meant me."

She nodded, and Zane smiled slightly, the smirk still gracing his lips.

"Ash?" Zane asked, taking another step toward her, so they were only inches apart.

She nodded.

"Would you like something to drink with your food?" He asked, in a low whisper.

Aislinn was completely taken aback, but nodded her head. Zane turned around and walked back to the stove, putting the omelets on two plates and opening the fridge. He pulled out some juice and poured it into two glasses. Aislinn just stood there, completely flabbergasted.

She finally snapped out of it and quietly took a seat across from Zane, eating her breakfast in silence.
♠ ♠ ♠
It's incredibly short, and I don't know if I like it that much.
Comments?