A Lot Like Love

Build A Bridge And Get Over It

Macon sat up from her sea of pillows and ruffled blankets. "Their divorced and yet their still fighting" she thought. Her parents heated arguments never really bothered her, actually, it soothed her. It reminded her of safety and her childhood. Her parents had always fought, ever since Macon's father turned 40, and these weren’t just scuffles or disagreement like they would tell her, ohh no, they were battles of the sexs. It warmed Macon to hear her mother call her dad a scum pig again after the divorce. It was warming to hear her mother talk about her father at all, even in a bad way, after he ran off with his 25 year old mistress, her mother rarely even spoke of him at all. Of course at night when Macon heard her mother scream jerk she knew that her mom meant that about her father, and when she sighed How could I had been so blind?, Macon knew she meant that about her knocked up 17 year old sister, Moray. Macon felt like she was the only normal one left in this manic family. Whatever normal is right?

"Don’t Ohh Kelly Me, Mike! What was I supposed to do? We were going through a divorce! I couldn’t every well keep an eye on her, while I was signing all those stupid papers. It was hard on Moray, so she went out and did something stupid, now she’s paying for it." Macon heard her mother shout into the phone. Macon sighed looking down at her chipping nail polish. " It wasn’t just hard on Moray, mom. Just because I didn’t go out and screw my boyfriend under pressure, doesn’t mean it wasn’t hard for me too, just because I’m not dumb and irrational like Moray, doesn't mean it wasn't tuff on me too. God." Macon thought to herself.

"Eff you, Mike!" Her mother screeched before slamming the phone back on the hook. Macon smiled a bit at her mom’s choice of words.

"What grown woman uses the words eff' you?" Moray meekly punned, peeking her head out from be hide Macon's door.

"One that has two children who shouldn’t be subjected to fail language but can be subjected to a perverted father and a crushed mother in a nasty divorced." Macon smiled at her sister, scooting over in her bed so Moray could plop down beside her. Moray gladly accepted her sister's offer, especially since Macon hadn't let her into her room after she had announced her pregnancy. Macon took it hard since she and Moray had made a packed to stay virgins until they were married. But a lot of promises had been broken in their family.

"So.. Have you forgiven me?" Moray asked with a sheepish grin.

"No, but your my only sister, and next to me and Grandpa, your the only sane one I have left. But since Grandpa doesn’t live here anymore, I guess you are my only rock to lean on in this house. So I guess I better build a bridge and just get over it." Macon explained with much logic. Moray was a mushy, unstable rock but still a rock to lean on.

"Hug?" Moray offered in question, with her arms held out. Macon leaded in and took that hug, maybe even if she didn’t know it, Macon really needed a hug at that momment.

Once Macon finally pulled away from her sisters embrace, she sat up as her sister began to smile brightly.

"So, Ashley has asked me to go visit her and her boyfriend, cause she and him are bringing along Elton, and I told her that I wouldn’t show unless I could invite my baby sister. So what ya say?" Moray wondered, nudging Macon's arm, pleading. Ashley was also 15, and she was originally Macon's friend, but since Macon wasn’t really great with happy-go-lucky times, Ashley turned into Moray's friend, or at least one of them anyways. As for Elton, he was Moray's baby’s daddy, and since their mother had forbidden Moray to see Elton, Ashley was usually the one to host these secret meetings.

"I don’t know, I was thinking about just hanging out with Brit." Macon confessed, uneasy about going to meet this small crowd of people that she didn't honestly like.

"Please? For me? I can’t go by myself; I want Elton to get to know you too." Moray begged. Macon rolled her eyes, knowing the real reason Moray wanted her to go was for an alibi, cause if their mom asked where Moray had been, Macon was her escape goat to say they were just out bonding.

"I suppose I could." Macon gave in. She didn’t really have plans today, and laying around the house listiening to her mother cry wasn’t exactly her idea of a Saturday evening.

"Thanks babe." Moray squealed in excitement. "Get ready, ohkay?"

Macon nodded as Moray hopped up and down. "Today is gonna suck. But what else do I except? My life pretty much been spiraling down ever since mom found dad naked and on top of his client. What do you know? Today might be a walk in the freakin' park." Macon thought as she stepped onto her hard floor and walked slowly to her closet.
♠ ♠ ♠
Whoop, there it is ladies && gents.
And Nah, Nick wasn't in this one.
Hes coming up soon, though.