A Lot Like Love

Unwanted Fuel To An Unattainable Fire

As Macon sat up against her front door, she rapped her arms around her knee's pulling her legs closer to her body. Macon's head seemed to pulse along with Nick's rapid beating on the door behide her.

"Macon." She heard her mother address. Macon looked up and saw her mom sitting upright and very still on the chair close to the window. Macon began to stand up, ignoring Nick's knocking.

"Yeah mom?" Macon sniffled, whipping her nose off on her arm. "Please god, I will go to church, I'll give half my pay check to charity when I get a job, I'll walk dogs for free! Just as long as you make it so she didn't see my typo out there. It was one slip, it will never happened again. I swear to you lord." Macon prayed silently, knowing if her mother had saw her mistake-kiss with Nick it would add unwanted fuel to Macon's unattainable fire.

Macon's mother pulled back the blinds ever so slightly and gazing out at the porch. Watching the boy bang on the door a few more times before giving up and taking a seat on the front steps, sighing loudly.

"Who's your boyfriend?"

"I never get a effin' break." Macon thought, feeling the fury building up. Macon peeked at her mother who was now walking toward her, looking upon Macon with discontent. Macon couldn't take this right now, she bolted off to the up stairs.

"Macon, you never told me you liked this boy? I didn't even know there was a boy until I was watching the car's drive by and happen to see my youngest, most impressionable, daughter locking lips with one." Macon's mother nagged after her daughter, not in a mad way just in why didn't you tell me, I'm your mom and I have a right to know these things type of way.

"Watching car's drive by, mom? You really need a hobby!" Macon replied, smiting the door shut, forcefully. Macon ran to her bed, burrowing her face into her favorite pillow. She wanted to scream until there was no air left in her lungs. "How did my life get so confusing so quickly? This is all Nick's fault. If he would just had left me alone none of this would be happening. I wouldn't be feeling this way and my mom wouldn't be chasing me down. I knew I couldn’t handle this crap and I knew I didn't want Nick around and this is the exact reason why. The male gender screws everything up, God should just stuck with Eve and left it at that. But..... It really isn't Nick's fault, it's mine. I kissed him. Why am I so freakin' retarded bitch?" Macon cursed mentally.

She hated that she felt this way about Nick, the same way she hated Katie, with a burning passion. Macon's life wasn't a piece of cake before, but it was a hella a lot simpler before Nick came in with his sweet words and tantalizing lips, and turned Macon's world even more upside down then it was before.

"Macon do not run away from me, running never solved anyone's problems." Her mother stated, busting open Macon's bedroom door. "Macon, why didn't you tell me you were serious about this boy?"

Macon sat up looking at her mother through angrily eyes. "I'm not serious about him."

"Thats that you do with boys your not serious with?" Her mother questioned astonished and taken back.

"I really don't know anymore." Macon grumbled so low that her mother couldn't have possible understood her, Macon fell back onto her bed in a huff.

"How long have you even known that stranger?" Macon's mom wondered, sitting down next to her daughter. As soon as Macon heard the words stranger, she flung up and began to rant.

"His name is Nick and Mom, he's not a stranger, but you obviously wouldn’t know that would you? Because you don’t pay attention to anyone besides yourself, dad, and Moray with her stupid pregnancy. Maybe if I wasn’t last on your list of priorities, you would know that by now." Macon shouted, flaming with hostility. Macon wasn't as infatuated with her mother as she appeared to be, yes, Macon was mad but she also was taking some of her Nick confusion out on her mother at the moment.

"Macon I-" Her mother paused taking a short puff of air. "You used to tell me about this stuff?"

Macon sighed, looking at her mom. "Yeah I did, but you were to busy dealing with dad's mid-life-crisis to listen."

Macon sat in silence with her mom, her mother was speechless. Macon's shoulders relaxed and she again plopped down, backwards on her bed.

"Hunny, I am sorry about what me, your father and Kaite put you and Moray through. I thought I was the only one who felt the pain but it is obvious that you were hurting too and for that I'm sorry." Macon's mother proclaimed, rubbing Macon's leg.

"God I hate her for causing this and I hate dad even more for letting it get as far as it did. But I feel bad for hating him and-" Macon began but her mother cut her off.

"Don't hate your father, he's a good guy. You know, when he's not being an asshole. But he is your father, and he is good dad, even if he wasn't the best husband." Macon's mother stated, humorously. Macon looked up at her mother, and they both exploding into a fit of laughter.

"Mom, I don't think I've ever heard you cuss?" Macon chuckled, slapping her mother lightly.

"Neither have I." Macon's mother responded, sending them into another gust giggles. But once things died down, Macon's mother gave Macon a big kiss on the forehead.

"I love you Macon."

"I love you too mommy."

Macon's mother smiled, getting up to walk out of the room, but as her mother was closing the door she said.

"He's still out there you know."

Macon's eyelashes flickered as her pulps doubled in size, she ran to her bedroom widow, slamming open the each side, viewing down on her front porch. Sure enough Nick as sitting on her steps, waiting.

"Nick!" Macon barked. Nick bounced off the steps, over into Macon's front yard, gazing up at Macon like she was some sort of angel.

"Go home Nick. Please, just go home." Macon pleaded, she regretted the words as soon as they left her mouth, but she wasn’t about to try and take them back now. Nick looked down, muttering something to himself.

"Okay Macon, you win! But when you ready to talk, you give me a call." Nick announced, stepping back, looking at Macon one last time before heading his way home. He walked fast and almost stomped as he made his way toward his house. He couldn't believe the one girl he actually liked was such a roller coaster of a ride. Boy could he pick 'em?

Even though she was relieved that Nick had finally gone, giving her time to think about everything, Macon couldn‘t help but utter the words;

“But I don’t have your number?”
♠ ♠ ♠
Okay BIG thank list right here!
But thats a very good thing. =D

Thank you;
rwaritslaur
CalmChaos
Mrs.Mufasa
AmzRoxLuvsMusic
j9devics
BurgosCheese
Australiaa.
KissTheGirl16
gossip7queen777
kool4u


Wow I'm out of breath!
But you girls are the freakin' bomb and I love each and every one of you.

I think you guys are gonna very much enjoy the next chapter, it sets off the beganing of Nick && Macon's relationship