A Lot Like Love

This Does Change Things.

Macon had always wished she had super powers. When her parents spilt, she wished she could erase pain from her mothers face and when Macon first saw Katie, Macon wished she could shoot rays of fire from her eyes to make Katie burn alive. And right now, as Macon struggled through the crowd of people and out of Josh Kingston’s house, she wish she could disappear. Nick was fallowing her, and all Macon wanted was him leave her alone.

“Macon wait!” Nick called, not to far from be hide her. But Macon could barely hear him over the overwhelming pounding of her heart and her heavily breathing. She flinched as she slowed down, her feet were pulsing with agony. If she had heard Nick's comment, she would had kept on running, it wouldn’t had mattered how much torment she was in from her feet, she wouldn't had wanted to give him any sort of satisfaction. But since she didn't hear him, Macon stopped to yank off her shoes, giving Nick time to catch up.

“Back off Nick, just leave me alone.” Macon hissed, as she carefully tugged her left shoe of her foot.

“Where are you planning on going?” He wondered worried, ignoring her request completely.

“I’m serious Nick, go away before I get anymore upset.” Macon warned, slipping her other shoe off her right root. She stood up straight, and started to walk off in the opposite direction Nick, leaving her shoes on the ground.

"Well, I doubt it. I don't think your capable of showing human emotions besides stubbornness." Nick snapped, Macon winced as she did a 180 back around to him. The evidence of his once concerned expression had disappeared instantly. His blank eyes echoed on to his bleak face, time seemed to have no sense as Macon stared at Nick. She knew what he was thinking, he was thinking "Your running again, running away from your problems, like you always do.". Although she wished she didn't, she snorted with agreement.

Macon was more confused than ever. All the anger and jealously that had been flowing through her veins, was entirely gone. She only felt hurt, and not hurt from her thrashed up feet, hurt in her heart.

Nick face was hard and unreadable, he was so furious. That was terribly wrong, Macon should be the one feeling pissed but she didn't and that’s what confused her. She felt betrayed and battered like someone had hit her in the chest with a base ball bat.

"What are you really doing here, Macon? What can you really say as an excuse?" A tiny voice in Macon's head whispered in her ear as she glanced over her body. Her hands were shaking like crazy and her knees were wobbly and unstable, and her eyes; her eyes were watering up. "Your crying? Your crying over him? Ohh god, your so stupid Macon, your so utterly stupid." The voice said again. And suddenly the clouds lifted, and Macon, finally, saw the whole picture.

Macon accidentally let a sob weep out between her pale lips. Nick’s face fell quicker than water from a fosse.

"Macon?" Nick sympathetically, mumbled her name.

"Remember when you asked me to say how I really felt for once?" Macon questioned meekly and innocently.

"Yeah.." Nick trailed off, his tone was so soft Macon barely could hear him, but his eye's were different again, harder. Like, he was building up his backbone for another lash from a whip, another rejection.

"Nick I-" Macon paused to wag her head. "I gotta do this." Macon thought, pushing herself to say what was hard to say.

"When I saw you with that girl-"

"She-" Nick interrupted to correct Macon, but she cut him off as soon as he began.

"No, let me say this or I never will." Macon persist but calm. "I saw you with her and I got jealous and I didn't know why."

Macon exhaled a shaky breath, she was so clam and easy going it was like someone had slipped her some morphine or something while she wasn't looking. But she stopped herself from speaking. She needed to say this right but if she thought about it to much it would only bundle up in her throat, so she tried not to think, just talk. Hopefully all the words will fall into place.

"Well, I guess I better start from the beginning or you won't get what I'm saying, right?" Macon added quickly after, Nick nodded slowly. He was confounded but absolutely interested, this was something he needed to hear out loud just as much as Macon did. She gazed into Nick eyes, it was so easy to get lost into his brown puppy dog eyes.

"First of all, I'm not a bright person. I mean, I'm not dump but it takes me a while to get things. So every time I heard the phone ring this past week, I got excited because I thought it was you, that confused me. And when I saw you tonight, I was thrilled and I didn't understand that either. Then I saw that girl kiss your cheek I got extremely mad, and I really didn't understand that." Macon laughed, breaking eye contact with Nick for only a second to look at her shoes laying on the ground. "But when I looked down at myself and saw how much of a mess I was all because of you, and it finally clicked."

Macon let the words sifted through her mind a little before she spoke them out loud, she wanted to uncover the real reason be hide them, and what had set her up to this very moment. She wanted to know how and why this was happing to her, of all people.

"I like you. I like you in that can't eat in front of you, can't take a deep breath when you are around me, stay up until 2 am just to hear you stupid voice kinda way." Macon dully announced. She watched Nick absorb her words like a sponge, she watch his face, it was now readable. He was repeating the phase a few times over in his head.

"You. Like. Me?" Nick tried out the new set of words, Macon realized they did sound funny in that order and with out not in between them but they were true. She nodded slowly, not comprehending them herself, it still made no sense to her. "How did I let this happen? I was so careful." Macon thought, it would be no big deal to a normal girl, but this was the end of the world to Macon. Macon knew that like leads to love and love leads to heartbreak. But, Macon was just thankful she did not love Nick. She was a least fortunate enough not to do that.

"But that girl." Macon began, forcing herself to remember to beautiful girl Nick was with. "Changes things."

"W-hat?" Nick breath helplessly, awareness of the salutation now was seeping into Nick's expression. "Emilla is my friend, but more importantly, she's Joe's girlfriend."

Macon's peered at him with no apologies and with a grin that was miles long. That was all she needed to hear, she didn't care if it was a lie--although even if it was a lie she would find out soon enough-- she choose to believe him firsthand. She needed to believe him at this moment. Macon stepped forward to Nick, closing the gap between her and his body. She pursed her lips toward his, closing that gap too.

"I guess this does change things." He whispered in between kisses, he couldn't think of any things right now, but they were there. Nick knew he still had a long road head but he was in the door now, all he had to do was climb the stairs, and then he would have he have all of Macon. Nick knew it was selfish, but he already wanted more of her.
♠ ♠ ♠
Well I REALLY REALLY NEED YOUR GUYS INPUT ON THIS CHAPTER. Did you like it or dislike it? I personally like it, but it's not really about what I like. But this isn't the end, I realize it kinda sounds like the end --at least it does to me-- but theres a good 7 or 8 chapters left before the end. =]]

Thank You List.
AmzRoxLuvsMusic
picklesmcgee
wishes on pennies.
WinchesterChick
CalmChaos
ForeverEmily
[I enjoyed your cmmt a lot]
Tanyaxox
bellsneversing
yo.faceeee
[Your cmmt made me laugh]
DudexIxCANxFLY!
emilayyx3
kool4u
mz.rachael
xo Jailynn
johncenalover1v


Wowzers thats a lot of people!!!!!! I can express how happy I am right now. I'm like PEEING IN MY PANTS!! Aha You guys are soo cool. I love each and everyone of you.

Comments AWLAYS nice!