A Lot Like Love

Enough

Macon nibbled on her finger as she blankly watched her mother help her grandfather into the car. Macon hated it that he could only visit ever-so-often because of his age, but Macon could hardly make difference between his comings and goings. The past few weeks seemed like a big blur, like when you spin around really quickly and just stop abruptly. Everything was still at the point where the room was turning around, even though Macon was completely still.

Everything was getting so crazy. Moray's tummy seemed to get enormous by each passing day and her and Elton fought constantly now, Macon's dad hadn't talk to her in ages and her mother was more lonely than ever. With her dad's wedding to the devil in white and her grandpa getting closer to dieing of ripe old age everyday, everything just seemed to be creeping exceedingly up on Macon. But that was okay, Macon could handle disaster. I mean, if having to deal was an Olympic sport, Macon would be the gold medalist. The only thing that scared Macon at this point wasn't her family's extremely dysfunctional habits, it was that Nick was the only thing in her life that seemed to fit. Like he was supposed to be there, to keep her grounded.

"Face it Macon, he's a way better rock than Moray. No cracks, no flimsiness, just a good solid rock to lean on." Macon thoughts drifted in and out. She began to realize around week 2 of dating Nick, or at least that's what Brittney and Moray had called it, that she was depending on Nick more than she probably should be. Macon knew it would only end up biting her in the ass, but she couldn't help herself, she had to know what he thought about everything and for him to comfort her when things were crappy. Again, like he was meant to be there to hold her up with people where pulling her down.

"This can only end badly...." Macon speculated as she chewed on the little peace of finger nail that was between her two teeth, and watched her mom and grandfather ride off down the street.

"Hello?" Brittney hollered in Macon's face, Macon violently shook her head out of her thoughts.

"Sorry." Macon suddenly responded, turning back to Moray and Brittney who were on her bed. Macon had spaced and forgot that they three where having a girls day. "No boys allowed" Macon micicked Moray's demanding words in her head over and over again.

"Well like I was saying, Elton is so stupid. I mean, doesn't he realize that I'm carrying around his baby? The fruit of his loins?" Moray babbled, she trailed off into a dream look. "But he's so cute, I should forgive him right? Missing one Lamaze class isn't the end of the world right? Yeah, I'll forgive him."

Macon snorted in laughter at her sister, Moray was a character. She had been like this with Elton as long as Macon could possibly remember, they had a such a childish like romance, it was almost like someone had took it out of a cliché middle school novel. Macon couldn't see them lasting forever but as Macon cynically looked at it, no relationship was forever material.

"Steven called me again last night, we are hanging out tomorrow." Brittney smiled brightly.

"English not Biology." Macon whispered, giggling some-what.

"Huh?" Brittney asked, just as confused as Moray. Macon just shook her head, insinuating that it was nothing. It was just merely a memory tool Macon used to keep Steven in her memory bank.

"Never mind, go on." Macon insisted, waving off the strange looks they were giving her.

"That was it." Brittney said bleakly, with a straight face. Both, Macon and Moray, laughed as they pushed Brittney off the bed.

"Well sorry, my news isn't exciting to you two fags. What about you, Macon? How are you and-" Brittney smirked as she climbed back up on the bed and paused to make kissing noises. "Nick?"

"I don't know? Good I suppose." Macon shrugged carelessly, she didn't want to get into this again with them. They were even bigger analyzers than her, they would chatter about Nick and her all night if Macon dare let them.

"I've seen them together, Brittney. And you know what? I thought everyone had that extra sixth since that told you that you were falling in love, but of course, my sister proves me wrong. Terribly wrong. She has it soooo bad and she doesn't even know it yet." Moray smirked rolling her eyes, she was joking only not joking.

"Oh my god Moray, be a realist. There are two kinds of people; people who in love, those are you stupid ones, and people who aren't. Those are the smart ones. Guess which category you fall under?" Macon teased, brushing her brown hair back. Brittney giggled at Macon's smart-alecky remark, Moray huffed, also pushing her hair back only angrier.

"Whatever, I'll take that as a compliment because I am in love with Elton. At least I'm smart enough to admit that." Moray replied in her sassy way that she does when she gets defensive. Macon heared her mother pull back up to the house, maybe she would go talk with her, anything to get off the subject of Nick and her.

"Pa-lease, you and Elton fight all the time." Macon reminded, now trying to push Moray's buttons.

"They fight because they love each other enough to care." Brittney intervened, giving Macon a slight glare, telling her to knock it off. Macon sighed and smiled at Moray.

"Well if that's true then Nick and I are the couple of the year, we fight a lot." Macon
stated as bluntly as possible, she wasn't buying into this whole conversation. She did think back to the day at the park when she thought she might be in love with Nick, or questioned the possibly, but that memory vapidly faded as she felt the rush of stupidly wash over her. She hated thinking about Nick in that way, it made things so much more completed, more so then they really had to be, so she tried to stay interested in Brittney and Moray's clamoring.

"No, you and Nick argue because your an ignorant piss-ant who's not in touch with her feelings and likes the after-math of a fight-" Moray trailed off, looking at Brittney suggestively.

"The make-up!" They both squealed loudly, Macon thought she might be turning crimson but then she realized it was because of the irritation. She stung her body off the bed and walked toward the door.

"Thank you Oprah and Dr. Phil." Macon taunted in a faint whisper, she was done with their constant harassment and badgering. Macon didn't know why she let them get to her today, or why she was so moody, it was probably because she hadn't talk to Nick today. " Okay, that’s lame, but it's true." Macon speculated as she marched sloppily down her stairs.

"I miss him." She sighed be hide closed teeth. "Oh god, please help me or give me a hand gun." Macon reflected, smacking her forehead with her palm. Macon smiled at her thoughtlessness, look at what she was becoming, her sister.

As Macon walked pass the front door, it rang three times, she questionably answered the door. When Macon's eyes finally made out the shadowy outline of the person, she wished she would had never pulled back the door. She saw her miserable looking father on her porch. It was clear that this was the last place he wanted to be, and why shouldn't it be? The last time him and Macon visited, he ambushed her with the home wrecker, he was risking his very limps to be here.

"Hi." Macon's father muttered, putting forth a weak smile. Macon looked pass her pitiful looking father and straight to his car and saw his Fiancée. "Of course he had to bring her, it's like their attached at the fucking hip."

"What?" Macon coldly murmured, she made sure that she didn't as so much twitch her face muscles, he might think she was happy to see him. The way he was staring at her, made her sick to her stomach.

"Is your mother home?"

Macon didn't reply, she just turned around walking into the living room.

"Mom, dads here." Macon warned, rather than informed. Macon knew this could only end in a fight, she slightly hoped he had came on a bad day and her mom would rip him a new asshole. Macon's mom looked almost as unpleased by his surprise show as Macon had, almost

"What Mike?" Macon's mom wondered, walking to the front door where Macon's dad still stood. When Macon looked at her father, she saw a mild and spineless mouse.

"I need to talk to you." He told Macon's mother, looking over at Macon. Macon's mother turned around to Macon as well then back at her father, then back again.

"Macon, could you give us a minute?" She pled with weak eyes, she was saying; Don't make this harder than it has to be. Macon wanted to shout; Don't ruin her again, she's already damaged goods. But she just nodded her head at her mother then scowled at her father, Macon wasn't doing this for him, She was doing it for her mother. Macon walked into the living room, just far enough away so her parents wouldn't think she was around, but close enough for an ear shot of their conversation.

"What Mike?" Her mother repeated, trying to be pleasant although it was obvious that she was in pain just seeing him. "She still loves him." Macon thought, it hurt Macon to have to know that sad truth, she wished her mother could get over her father but Macon knew that might never happened.

"Why did you come back? To mess up our family all again? Look, Katie's here. Did she come to steal one of my children from me? Because that's all I got left." Macon's mother added, not so pleasantly this time.

"Kelly, don't start on me. You know we weren't in love with each other anymore." Macon's father tried to justify him and Katie, shuffling his feet. "He's so clueless." Macon deliberated, wagging at her dad's denseness. Could he really not see how much her mother really wasn't over him? How much desire she had in her eyes for him? He was so dopey sometimes it was infuriating.

"You don't think I know that you didn't love me anymore? You didn't think I realized that it was over long before Katie? I knew that." Her mom's tone was getting louder and harder.

"What I don't understand is why you had to skirt around be hide my back, you could have told me. I know it wouldn't have been any easier on me, I would still be the mess I am now, but it would have been so much easier on the kids, on Moray...." She sighed, trailing off. "For Macon expectably. You don't know what it's done to her, and Moray well, she got knocked up over it."

" Expectably Macon, look what's it done to me? What does that mean?" Macon asked herself mentally.

"Didn't you love them enough not to do that to them?" Macon's mom finished with a shaky and cracking voice.

"I will always love Macon and Moray." Macon's dad uttered.

"Yeah, whatever your love is right?" Her mother emotionlessly spat. Macon couldn't hear anything for a minute, there must have been a silence.

"You want me to go, I'll go?" Her father finally spoke.

"Why did you even come?" Macon's mom wailed. "Yeah, did you come just to start a fight." Macon extended her mothers question. "If people fight because they love each other enough to care than my parent's are the most in love people on earth." Macon thought back to what Brittney had said eariler and how much her parent's proved that theory wrong. Macon wondered if Moray and Brittney were listening to this as well, they must be, no way there couldn't hear it.

"I wanted to ask you a favor, that sounds stupid now." He winced, waiting for another ass beating.

"What?!" Her mother examined in shock. Macon rolled her eyes.

"I wanted to ask you to persuade Macon and Moray to come to the wedding. Please" He paused. " Please Kelly, It won't feel right with out them there. Their my daughters for gods sake."

Her father was basically begging, groveling at her mothers feet, but Macon didn't care. She was not going to be apart of his abomination wedding, that was for damn sure. Macon was offended that he would even ask, after everything he and his whore but her family through. Was he really that foolish to think his ex wife would let her children attend his wedding to the woman he cheated on her with?

"I'll try. Ill try." Macon's mother stated.

"What the fuck?" Macon shouted, accidentally, out loud.
♠ ♠ ♠
Sorry it took so long for me to get this chapter out.
I've started school so it's alittle hard to get free time, && I'm TRYING to go out with this new boii, so what time school doesn't take up, he does. Aha But I'm trying.

P.s I'm going to have a new Joe Jonas story coming out soon, don't forget to check out that.
=]]

Thank You List
picklesmcgee [I enjoyed your cmmt a lot]
its.all.your.fault.
CalmChaos
salimah_v
[I enjoyed your cmmt a lot too.]
TonightProductions
AmzRoxLuvsMusic
Crazyy-For-You
OMJ it's Morgan
starry_night472
move.ME
ForeverEmily
[You always make me excited to read yours. Aha]
Ninja Jesskah MC
MikkiD_7:05
[You read this story 3 times over, wow]

Sorry If I missed anyone, It's been a while so i'm sorry!
If you tell me I missed your name, I'll come back && add it.
I LOVE YOU ALL WHO CMMT YOU GUYS MAKE MY LIFE A HAPPY PLACE,
=]]