A Lot Like Love

Returning The Favor

Macon folded her arms in anger and disgust. "What am I doing here? It’s not even the actual wedding; I didn't agree to this, I didn't agree to any of this. So why am I here, why am I still here?" Macon wondered to herself. She was still trying to figure out what form of deception her mother had wailed on Macon, to make her come to this rehearsal. Watching Katie swoon over her dress with Moray breathing down Katie's neck, all three of them were bunched up together in the back of church.

”It’s a little iconic, dad and her were together in sin, but yet their getting married in a church. I am skeptical wether dad can fallow the simple rules this time, honor and obey. They should add 'keep it in your pants' to that list, you know, to keep it as cut-in-dry as possible for him." Macon sneered at her father in thought while she studied Moray. She was laughing with Katie, telling little jokes and touching her hair like they were old friends. "Traitor." Macon noted, scowling sourly at her sister. "That's it, I can't take anymore of this nightmare. I said I would go to the wedding for moms sake, this isn't the wedding. I'm out of this hell hole." Macon thought, fed up. She stood up, dusted off her pants, and starting desperately looking for the exit door.

"Macon, could you come here for second? Please?" Katie asked, politely and innocently. Macon slowly looked at her, Macon couldn't understand why her father gave up his whole family for this one woman? What, for a tight ass and fake boobs? Didn't seem worth it, or maybe to her father, they weren't much to give up.

"What?" Macon whispered, trying to be civil, but finding it very hard.

"Just get over here." Moray announced, rolling her eyes. Macon couldn't believe Moray would side with an air-head rather than her own sister, of course it did make a little since. Moray was going to be the Brides Maid, the main Brides Maid, or whatever you call it. So basically besides the bride and groom, she would be the next important person in line, the second main attraction. Moray lived for that kind of shit.

Macon walked slowly over to where Katie was standing.

"What do you want?" Macon repeated again, in the same flat tone. Katie looked over at Moray, and Moray nodded.

"Good luck." Moray nudged Katie before walking away. Macon sighed loudly, she hopped Katie would get the hint that she didn't want to be here, as if Katie hadn't got it before.

"Where your friend?" Katie asked, trying to start up some sort of conversation but Macon wasn't about to be friendly to her soon to be step-monster.

"I don't know who your talking about." Macon stated, still monotone.

"Nick? Didn't your father tell you that you could invite him?" Katie wondered, tilting her head to the side. Macon still showed no interest in the conversation, other than maybe when it might be over, but she did raise an eye brow when Nick's name was mentioned. "How does she remember who Nick was, more or less his name? They met for a mille second, if even that. How does she know him and I are still...." Macon’s thoughts trailed as she searched for a proper term for what Nick and her where, but none seemed to be right, so she continued in her thinking. "For all she should know, him and I were just one time thing. No one could possibly remember someone they met that quick, is she stalking me? Are her and dad fallowing me around?"

"Yeah he did, but I figured I wouldn't bother him with all this unimportant crap" Macon hissed her words carefully, making sure to emphasize on the right words. Katie's face was priceless, completely hurt, exactly what Macon wanted. Katie deserved a little hurt, after all hurt she had put Macon in, Macon thought of it as returning the favor.

"Well, I think he would want to come." Katie spoke firmly, trying to not show weakness. Macon squinted her eyes at Katie suspiciously.

"Lets get one things straight okay Barbie-Doll, you don't assume anything about Nick, because you don't know Nick. Don't think you know anything about my life or anyone in it, other than my dad and maybe Moray. Okay? So step off and stick to what you do know, sleeping around and stealing happily married men from their wives and family." Macon declared, huffing.

Ouch

Macon would have died if Katie said Your dad wasn't happy, because that much Macon knew from her mother and fathers fight yesterday. But thank god she didn't.

"I know more..." Katie wagged her head, slurring her last few words together, making it impossible for Macon to understand them. Macon was so furious she couldn't see straight. Macon didn't want to finish this conversation, because she knew if she suck around much longer, things could getugly uglier. So she stormed off to the front of church, were the ale and seats were. Macon slammed down next to Moray, who was sitting in the third row. Moray was about to say something, something witty, something that would just send Macon right over the edge but Macon stopped her.

"You would be real wise to shut your mouth, for once, and not say one word to me." Macon threatened. Moray usually didn't back down to one of Macon's warnings, but she could see that this was an exception. Moray closed her mouth silently and turned to face her father who was standing at the front of the Alter, waiting for Katie to walk in.

"I want us to go over our vows." Macon's father told the minister. The minister said nothing, just smiled humbly. As Katie made her way up the ale to Macon's father, Macon's fuse was getting shorter and shorter. The bare site of that woman was burning any sort of patience Macon had left.

"Katie, my love. I know we didn't fall in love in the best of circumstances, but I glade it happen. Because through dirt comes flowers, and you are my rose. I love you more than anything, I promise to love you for the rest of my life. I promise to take care of you when your ill and maybe I'll learn to cook for you, because you have gave me the motivation to explore new things. You have given me the gift of a new beginning. I love you baby." Macon's father recited his vows with out a stutter or stumble.

"Wrong timing dad." Moray implied, plugging her ears. Before Macon's dad could form a question to his eldest daughters statement, Macon began to scream.

"Ohh my god." Macon shouted from the top of her lungs. She through her body off her seat and out of the ale. She began to run for the door.

"Macon where are you going?" Her father hollered after her, jogging be hide her. Macon stopped and turned her enraged body around to face her father.

"I'm so sick of you and your dirty whore. Maybe Moray can deal with this shit, but I can't. I'm not mature enough to handle you pronouncing your love to another woman who isn't my mother! I cant!" Macon snapped, pointing to her father, then Katie, and finally Moray. Macon whipped back around to start running again.

"Don't walk out on me, young lady!" Her father demanded in a hardy, horse voice.

"No dad, that’s your fucking job." Macon spat, hitting all of her fathers nerves. She was glade she crushed him, because like she said before about Katie, it was returning the favor.

As Macon ran out of the church, inhaling the fresh air, she didn't know where she was going to go to. Home wasn't an option, she was to upset and angry to see her mother. Besides, that's the first place her father would be looking for her at. Macon wasn't herself as this moment. She was completely and utterly, a different person. She felt darker, colder, like she wanted to do something totally outrageous and something that would stick it to her father. To show everyone how bad she could really be. But she still had the same instinct as she normally would when something horrible happened, go find Nick.
♠ ♠ ♠
Sorry it took another two weeks for this update. =C That boii has been really making me go crazy. Aha But I found time to write this chapter tonight, I was supposed to be doing Biology, but this is more important. Teehee. Anyways, I know Nick hasn't been in the past 2 chapters but this story isn't all about him and I had to work this out VERY carefully. BUT GOOD KNEWS, you will get ALL your Nick-fix action in the next one. Boii will you get a good chapter in that one... Aha

Thank you list.
ForeverEmily
picklesmcgee
AmzRoxLuvsMusic
Crazyy-For-You
move.ME
rwaritslaur.


Thank you guys, you don't know what it means. Comments are always nice.

CHEAK OUT MY NEW JOE STORY, IT'S ALREADY POSTED. COMMENTS ARE NICE
It's called 'When You Love Someone'