A Lot Like Love

It's The Adrenaline

Macon stood on the welcome mat stiffly and exhausted. She was still panting from the jog over. To anyone else, she probably looked livid or ignorant. She could still feel the intense warmth radiating off her cheeks, not from being over heated from the run, but from the animosity and Adrenaline that was pulsing through her at the moment. She had never experienced anything like this, she left immortal, like nothing could come close to touching her. Macon banged on the coarse door with her delicate palm, seconds seemed like hours and impatient Macon was not in the mood to wait. As she raised her fist to hit the door again, it started to slowly begin to open. Too slowy. Macon tried to look calm but the fire that was burning inside her was almost more than she could take. A young man was dumbfoundingly standing before Macon. If she hadn't recognized him, she would have known he was to boy-like to be Nick's father. He gazed over her with dull eyes, not really seeing much in her. Macon restrained herself from calling by his first name, Kevin, when she addressed him.

"Hello sir, is Nick home? If so can I converse with him? Tell him it's Macon. " Macon didn't really understand why she was being so formal. "Who the hell talks like that?" Macon thought to herself. Secretly, she thought if she talked politely it would deflect the inflaming intensity that surely was visible to everyone with in a 5 mile radius of her.

"Come on in." The young man Macon definitely knew as Kevin stepped aside so she could walk into their charming house. Macon smiled and treaded inside.

"Nickolas! You have company." Kevin yelled at the stair well. There were was an awkward moment of silence before they heard some footsteps and scrambling, and soon enough Nick appeared. Macon shifted her weight from foot to foot holding back her distress. "Your not coming fast enough." She cried out to Nick in her head, biting her bottom lip.

"Hey, what are you doing here? I thought you had something going on?" Nick asked curiously, but completely causally, smiling at Macon kissing her cheek. His relaxedness only made her more restless, she pulled him into a deep hug, burrowing her face into his shoulder. His scent was intoxicating, almost more than she could take.

"Uhmm it's good to see you too?" Nick laughed confused, looking at his brother, who looked just as surprised. Macon had forgotten Kevin's presents, she honestly could care less at the moment.

"I really need to talk to you." She whispered, looking seriously.

"Okay, sure." Nick obliged, raising an eye brow. "We can go into my room."

Macon took no time for granted. She shortly, but as innocently as possible, smiled at Kevin and took long strides up the stairs. Nick fallowed, trying to keep up, still baffled by Macon's sudden visit. Nick had come very accustomed to feeling puzzled around Macon, but that doesn't mean he liked it anymore than swallowing nails. Nick liked to be kept on his toes, but some familiarly was something he hoped for. Fact is; Nick didn't understand why Macon does the things she does and he hates trying to figure her out all the time, but he loves just standing next to her while it all ravels out.

"Behave you two." Macon heard Kevin teased, but Macon could still hear the authority in his tone. "The last thing I want to do is to behave..." Macon speculated. She made it up the mountain of stairs when Nick pointed her to his room.

Macon entered carelessly, like she had been in the room hundred times; rubbed his dresser with her finger tips as she walked by; like it was an old habit. Collapse on the bed, laying on Nick's pillow like it was her own, she inhaled deeply, taking everything in. Macon's eyes did a quick glance around the room, but they hurried back to Nick and honed in on him as he entered the room, stand-offish. He was leaning up against his door frame, watching Macon attentively. Macon grinned promiscuously, sitting up. She swung her legs to the side and widen the space between her thighs.

"Is everything okay?" Nick asked, letting a bit of his confusion seep through his voice.

"Yeah everything’s terrific." Macon said alluring, as convincingly as she could, and for that moment she believed she was really terrific, but Nick wasn't all assured.

"Mmkay" Nick murmured, not even considering that she was telling the truth.

"But now that I'm here and on your bed" Macon began, gripping some of Nick's sheets in between her fingers. "What are you going to do with me?"

"Huh?" Nick cracked, incomprehensible to what was going on.

"Come here, I don't bite." Macon promised, making room. With shaky legs, Nick stumbled over to his bed, which now looked foreign to him, and took a seat next to her. Macon instantly climbed up on his lap, rapping her arms around his neck and up the back of his head, caressing his curls with her hands.

"Unless you want me too." Macon indicated, emphasizing every word softly. "I believed this is how you want me, isn't it?"

"How I.." Nick stuttered, choking on his words.

"You know Nick, I could touch you in ways you never even dreamed about; squeeze you until you popped like warm Champaign and leave your screaming for a little bit more. All you have to do is let me." Macon declared, moving her hands down Nick's back, letting her nails glide over Nick's shirt, thrusting her finger tips with the just right amount of pressure into his sides. Restricted her hands to his buckle, but clutching it enough so Nick knew she could undo it any second.

"Macon" Nick almost moaned her name, but he shook his head, shaking any ounce of distraction with it, Nick grabbed Macon's wrists and yanked her arms up, pushing her off him.

"What are you getting at? This isn't you." Nick demanded, not harsh but firm none the less.

"Well; if you don't want to play then-" Macon jolted up bitterly, but Nick drug her back down, forcing her to stay.

"No, I don't want to play." Nick ordered. Macon peered into Nick's eyes, with her arched brow, furious. But once she saw the concern in his eyes, the helplessness she felt at the Church hit her again like a moving truck. "He's right; this is me. What am I doing?" Macon asked herself, a very good question that Macon couldn't find herself answering. She now left dizzy, and had a hard time concentrating, the evidence of her whole goal that she had came here for; seducing Nick, had disappeared instantly. And it left the most emptiness feeling Macon had felt.

"Macon, your shaking." Nick exclaimed, pulling her closer to him, not in a sexual way but as if him embracing her could some how make the pain she was obviously feeling, evaporate.

"I'm sor-" Macon winced, cutting herself off with a whimper. She briefly squeezed shut so hard it kind of hurt, letting the tears that had swelled up in her eyes, leave a burning trail down her fiery cheeks.

"Their over, their really over." She repeated over and over, not only to Nick but to herself. "My parent's are over and they are never getting back together." Macon thought to herself as she cried, reality was finally sinking in.

Nick didn't tell Macon not to cry, he just rubbed her back understandingly, he knew she needed this. She needed to just explode on someone, and he wanted be that someone. So he let her fall part, and she did, she fell part for an hour straight, shouting and mumbling things, some things Nick didn't understand, and others he could piece together. It wasn't until she got peacefully quiet that he finally spoke.

"Macon; I love you."
♠ ♠ ♠
Whoa; it seems like a life time since I updated.
I just haven't had time to do it.
I'm sorry.

That boy I've been chasing [Aha funny cause his names Chase], Well I finally caught him.
We've been dating for like 2 1/2 months now. =]]

But I want to thank everyone who commted, and everything. I love you guys alot.
I don't know when the next one will be up but it will; I'm going to finnish this story if it kills me!