A Lot Like Love

Insightful

"Ohh and I didn't tell you the best part, He was uttering his gross breath all on my neck." Macon laughed, while her best friend Brittney removed her old finger nail polish. Macon was of course poking fun of her experience with Nick Jonas.

"No Way?" Brittney grasped with a big smile pasted on her face.

"Yes way. He was like awhhhh all over my neck. Breathing his hot air all over me, and let me tell you, he needed a tick-tack." Macon mocked giggling, remembering the sensation. It had been only a day or two since Nick tried pulling his moves on her, but it was still fresh in her head. Earlier today, when she had been depressed about her father breaking their lunch date, she relived Nick's desperate attempts, and it made her laugh until she cried.

"He did not have bad breath." Brittney stated in disbelief, knowing that Macon had to be lying.

"Well no, but he might as well had! I would have been just as repulsed!" Macon exclaimed. Brittney gave Macon a lame look before continuing to clean her nails. ” As a matter-a-fact he should have had bad breath, it would had made better since as to why I blew him off. Instead of people gawking at me like I’m some sorta of idiot when I tell them. Not like I’m bragging or anything, the fewer people that know the better. It's less embarrassment, for me" Macon thought as she watched Brit clean the last bit of her ugly chipped nail polish off.

"You’re a weirdo; you can't say that his charm did nothing for you. And by-the-way, you’re so lucky I came over today, your nails are just awful. Totally H-O-R-R-I-B-L-E." Brittney concluded jokingly, disgusted by Macon's unkempt finger nails.

"No it didn’t, his charm was a little less than charm less. Besides, he's a dope. And excuse me I don’t keep a hawk’s eye on my cuticles." Macon proclaimed. Macon couldn’t believe that her best friend in the whole world was taking up for some big shot fool.

"How do you know? Sounds like you didn’t even give the kid a chance?" Brittney slyly informed. Macon squirmed a bit, getting that uncomfortable I hate it when your right look on her face. There was a silence between the two of them before Macon tried changing the subject.

"Oh my god, did I tell you that Ashley got a new boyfriend? David as she calls this one. Honestly, she tries on a new one every week it seems like." Macon sarcastically trailed off.

"What do you expect? She wants to fall in love, Macon." Brittney declared, now applying a new pink polish to Macon’s now expectable finger nails. Macon just huffed at Brit's comment.

"Falling being the operative word in that sentence. People are so stupid, they go out of their way to apply to countless dating sites like eHarmony to find 'the one', when they are basically
signing their hearts up for death row. Don’t they know that once you have fallen it might be impossible for you to get up again?" Macon explain, kinda infuriated at peoples ignorance toward this thing so called love.

"On day, one day you will fall in love with some guy, and I will be there to rub all this in your face." Brittney smugly teased. Macon shook her head rapidly as if saying "Get real, I can’t fall in love, not what after I've been through. Not what after I've seen."

"You know Macon, not every guy is like your dad." Brittney paused to exhale. "There are some good ones out there, you just got to give them a damn chance to prove it." Brittney insisted slowly, in her own insightful way. Brittney had just cut into Macon with out even knowing it.

"God Brit, do you have to be so freakin' wise beyond your years?" Macon reflected in her head. Brittney lend up to dip the brush into the polish again only to see someone outside of Macon's window.

"Speaking of the devil." She smirked. Macon thought just maybe it was her dad, coming by to say he's sorry for ditching her this morning, but she had gotten her hopes up to soon. Macon landed her eyes on Nick Jonas who was walking up the side walk with a bundle of yellow roses in his hand.

"Aww Macon! He comes baring roses, how sweet." Brittney shrieked in joy, thinking that chivalry wasn’t dead after all. Macon rolled her eyes, sitting back down on her bed. She had every intention of just blowing Nick off again, but Brit's words rang in her ears. "Not every guy is like your dad. There are some good ones out there, you just got to give them a damn chance to prove it.". Macon shook her head and with out a word, jumped off her comfy bed and walked toward her stairs as the door bell began to play it's tune.

"Where are you going?" Brittney asked in confusion.

"Im going to giving someone a damn chance." Macon sighed.
♠ ♠ ♠
So theres gonna be alot of Nick && Macon in the next one.
Turn in too see how that one goes.
&& If you haven't noticed, Macon has a hard time trusting guys after he dad.

P.s It's 4th of July && my brithday.
=DD