A Lot Like Love

Well Thanks For The Walk.

The silence was almost unbearable as they walked quietly down the side walk together. Macon watched her feet as they walked across the hot pavement. Nick put his hands in his pockets, looking between his feet and Macon.

"So, where did you get the bright idea of coming to my house anyways?" Macon wondered out loud.

"Do you want me to be honest?" Nick answered with a question.

Macon nodded repetitively. "I won’t expect anything less."

"Well the day you totally blew me off, it kinda made me mad, for a lack of better words.” Nick chuckled to himself. "When I got home, I was in bad mood, which usually isn’t like me at all, so my mom sat me down and asked me what was up. And I told her about the girl that shut me down before even giving me chance, and" Nick stopped, and as he began to talk again, his tone had totally changed. "She told me about your parent's divorce."

Macon had turned away from Nick at this point. "What? And now you think you know me, Nick Jonas? And this explains why I said all mean things I too you? God, news travels fast. Does everybody know now? Did they print it out on the front page of the god damn news paper?" Macon cursed in her head, as Nick continued to stare at her.

"She also told me how hard it was on you." Nick finished, sympathetically.

"Yeah well, what does your mom know anyways? I've never even met her." Macon trailed off roughly. A comment like that would usually send Nick off in a destructive path of rage, but in this case, he understood. Even thought he had no idea what Macon was going through, he understood that it was painful for her and she obviously wasn’t over her parents divorce yet.

"It wasn’t just hard, it was the toughest thing I've ever been through. The day I saw my mom crying and dad with his arms around that disgusting blonde bimbo, I knew that my life would never be the same. I hate them. I hate my mom, my dad, my sister, and especially that slut that drove us all to this crazy shit. I hate her most of all. But I don’t really hate my mom, my dad, or my sister, I feel bad for saying I hate them. I love them. But I still hate that whore. I will always hate her." Macon thought to herself angrily. She had a lump in the back of her throat, and her eyes were clouding up.

"You know my mom say's God never gives us more than we can handle" Nick manged to stutter to Macon, trying to comfort her.

"Yeah that's what my mom told me when we found out about my dad, and then again when we found out about Ashley. God must think I can handle alot 'cause he seriously keeps piling it on pretty thick." Macon mummbled back to Nick, with a blank stare. Nick ran his fingers threw his curly locks of hair.

"So you came out of pity then." Macon sniffled, trying to trying to change the subject once she noticed Nick was getting a little comfortable.

"No!" Nick exclaimed. "I came 'cause I wanted too, and too apologize."

"For what?" Macon required, swallowing hard.

"You kinda got the wrong idea about me. About the whole getting in your pants thing?" Nick stated, looking at Macon, she smiled at him.

"Sorry." Macon laughed. "I was just mad and I guess I took it out on you."

"You guess?" Nick grinned.

"Okay I did take it out on you, but when you said that thing about me being like my sister, I just kinda figured that’s what you meant." Macon announced giggling a bit at her foolishness.

"No no no, that was the last thing on my mind." Nick corrected. Macon raised her eyebrow and Nick shook his hands back in forth in the air.

"No no no, I’m not gay it’s just." Nick stopped to bite his lip.

"Okay see this ring here?" Nick asked, pointed to his purity ring on his left hand. Macon nodded.

"It’s a purity ring, and it means I won’t have sex until I'm married." Nick explained.

"Ohh." Macon smiled. "I don’t have a spiffy ring but I have the same out look. Well, so did my sister but as you can see, she didn’t fallow threw on her promise."

Nick smirked. "That doesn't mean she's a bad person. "

Macon beamed at Nick. ”The rock star was some morals after all." Macon thought. Macon rubbed her shoulders, the sun had been beating down on her, and she could feel the sunburn. She was in shorts and a tank top and she was still on fire.

“Aren’t you hot? With your tight pants and stuff?” Macon questioned.

“I’ve wore these type of clothes for so long, I’m used to it.” Nick replied, shrugging his shoulders. Macon then looked at Nick in confusion as he stopped walking. He pointed over to Macon's house, and she realized that they had walked all the way around the block and now they were back at her house.

"Well thanks for the walk." Nick declared awkwardly.

"Yeah it was nice." Macon proclaimed, inching toward her door. "Talk to you later then?"

Nicks face lit up. "Yeah, sure."

Macon waved before turning around on her heels and walking back into her house.

>>>>>>>>>

"Brittney I'm back!" Macon shouted after her friend with a smile sculpted on her lips.

"Macon.." Macon heard her mother trail off. Macon turned around to see her mothers blood shot eyes and wet tissue, Macon's smile fell from her face.

"What’s wrong?" Macon wondered concerned.

"Your dad." Macon's mother trailed off again. "He’s getting married to Katie."

With that, the tears that had been clouding Macon's eyes earlier pored out of her eyes like rain.
"He’s marrying her? He’s not supposed to marry his mistress!"
♠ ♠ ♠
Thanks As.I.Am and balletbabi again!
&& Thanks HeadInTheClouds and OhJonas!
You guys kick butt!

The next chapter is gonna be interesting.
=DD