A Lot Like Love

Digging Deeper Into The Hole.

Macon watched as Nick walk down her front steps onto the side walk, and down the street.

"That boy has came by here everyday since you two hung out? You must of showed him a good time." Moray implied perversely, from be hide Macon. Macon just rolled her eyes and said nothing. Macon had refused to answer the door to Nick. "I dont care if not all guys aren’t like my father. I'm not giving Nick a chance, in likelihood that he could turn out to be just like my dad. The way my luck has been going, he probably would be. I'm not going to turn out like my mother, heartbroken and alone. The probability is just too high for me to risk it." Macon thought emotionless. Macon wished this wasn’t the way it worked, but this was the way it was. There was no way for her to get close to Nick and get to know him well enough to find out if he was true or not with out getting attached to him along the way.

"You know what this means right?" Moray asked giddy

"That he's a stalker." Macon blankly stated, turning away from her bedroom window.

"No, it means he likes you. Do you like him back?" Moray wondered. Macon had to admit she had grown a little fond of Nick, but like was too strong of a word.

"Why don’t you go talk to him? He walked off toward the right, which means he'll walk around the block and he'll end up back at our house? When he comes around, go after him so you two can chat." Moray declared genially. Moray was so happy with Elton, she only wished Macon could be happy with someone, anyone. Moray had gotten over her parents divorce once she found out that she was pregnant, she was just too excited and scared about the baby to be mad over it anymore. Moray may have gotten pregnant in sin over the divorce, but getting pregnant saved her somehow. Moray thought maybe this Nick boy could save Macon just like Elton saved her. Now, Moray didn’t want Macon to get pregnant too, but something had to be done.

"I don’t want to chat." Macon announced, getting up and walking toward the door.

"You have to get over it sometime, Macon. You'll end up like mom if you don’t." Moray hollered after her. Macon stopped and did a 180 back around to Moray.

"You can't hate dad for loving someone, someone other than mom." Moray proclaimed. Moray wasn’t the sharpest knife in the drawer but she could really hit the nail on the head, sorta speak. Macon glared at her sister before turning back around to walk out of the room.

"Watch me." Was all Macon said to Moray before disappearing into the hallway. Macon slowly walked down the stairs to see her grandpa lying on the couch sleeping. Macon cracked a smile. She loved her grandpa, even though he was going senile. Even if he was going crazy, Macon felt like he was the only one who could truly understand anything around this hell hole. Before Macon had a chance to turn for the kitchen, the door bell rang. "God Nick, don’t you know when to give up and go home? Macon conceived in her head. Macon marched for the door and swung it open.

"What?" She hissed.

"Uhh hey." Nick greeted confused. "You wanna-"

"No, I don’t wanna go anywhere with you, and no, I don’t wanna do anything with you." Macon answered sternly.

"A simple no would had done me just fine." Nick replied solemnly. Macon sighed, closing her eyes, leaning her head on the door.

"I’m sorry, okay? Today" Macon exhaled again. "Today just isn’t a good day."

"How about tomorrow?" Nick insisted, fiddling his thumbs.

"Probably not." Macon lied. She just really wish he would stop trying, give up, and leave her alone. Macon didn’t want to hurt Nick but she didn’t want to get hurt by him more.

"Macon I get the feeling that your avoiding me. I thought we-" Nick began weakly, Macon interrupted him with a huff.

"You thought wrong okay? Did you think just ‘cause your mommy told you an ounce about my life that you get me now? That we talked for 2.5 seconds meant that I liked you? Well, screw your mom and for that matter screw you." Macon snapped. Nick's face when from kicked puppy to pissed off bull dog.

"Okay Macon, I've been nothing but freakin' nice to you so I don’t know what has crawled up your butt, but you better stop talking about my mom like that. I don’t care what you issues you have, you will not talk about my mom in that way, shape or form anymore. She’s a good person and that’s more than I can say for you. Do you understand me?" Nick spat, infuriated, back at Macon. He had turn the tables on her. Macon was taken back for a second. She didn’t mean that about his mom or him, Nick’s mom was probably a really nice lady, Macon had just said it to be mean, and now she was regretting it. But she was in this deep already? Why not keep digging.

"Ohh I understand you just fine, now understand me, get off my property and out of my sight" Macon sneered at him. Nick returned the favor with a nasty scowl.

"It would be my pleasure." Nick grumbled, sulking off down Macon’s steps.
♠ ♠ ♠
I actually was gonna go a lot of different ways with this chapter,
But I liked this one the best for some reason.
Tell me what you think, aye?

A big thanks to AyooBeautiful for cmmting.
=DD

P.s Just watched Transformers and that movie is the best.
Like, ohh, I can't even explain how awsome it is.
Wow.