Dancing in Black and White Photographs

Tow Trucks and Dream Police

There was only two chairs left, and in both I would have to sit by Nikki and James. James wasn’t the problem, Nikki on the other hand… I decided to sit in the closest seat, and make DJ walk to the farthest one. Dj walked over to his side of the table without saying a word.

Nikki turned to him, “She didn’t make your ears bleed?”

DJ had a smirk on his face, “Not at all.” I scowled at the both of them.
“I’m right here,” I stated, rolling my eyes at how I was being treated. This probably should be counted as verbal abuse. With Nikki though, it could be counted as physical by just looking at him. I must have been smiling at this, because the both of them were giving me strange looks.

“What are you smiling about?” Nikki asked me.

“Nothing nice,” I mumbled, not wanting to talk to him. I still have resentment towards him.

James was shaking his head, trying to hide the smile he had. He was failing miserably; I could see it clearly. I just wanted to go home now.

“I’m not disappointed; I never thought you could be nice,” Nikki said, leaning into his chair.

I smirked,” Whatever you say, Tattoos.” I’m finding out that I’ll probably never say his real name out loud.

I glanced over to DJ and James, and they both looked like they were entertained. James cleared his throat and said that we needed to discuss my job descriptions. I was really grateful when I found out I didn’t need to take care of anyone. I did have to be there for the whole touring and needed to sleep in the same bus. I guess techs and roadies got their own.

Once we were done discussing this, Nikki quickly got up and said his goodbyes. I found out that even though everyone looks similar, you could still see him in the crowd easily.

Once he was out of eye sight James turned to me, “Do you plan on staying for awhile or going home?”

“I should head home, “I said, not wanting to stay here another minute longer.

James nodded, “How about DJ and I walk you out to your car,” he suggested.
James always seemed to shock me with how nice he can be.’ Why is he the only nice one? ‘I asked myself. “I’ll be fine by myself,” I said reassuringly.

“No, it’s fine, we don’t want you getting mugged, while walking out to your car,” James said.

I started to protest, when DJ cut me off, “No, James is right, we should make sure you make it out alright.” He paused to look around the room, “Never know if someone will follow you out, “he said while winking. I just flipped him off, in which he laughed.

I sighed, giving up,” If you guys really want too.” I wasn’t looking forward to the field trip outside; it could be just as bad as the one walking inside. Although, having Vampire Eyes could work out for me, he can just scare them off by staring at them.

We walked through the building; no one stopped us this time. I felt like I was the important one and they were my body guards, while standing between them.

When we reached the double doors, we heard someone call out. We all turned around to see the new comer. Another black haired man with tattoos, they have such a variety. “Hey man, people want to listen to Saints of Los Angeles again,” he said. “And we’re needed as well,” he finished with. James looked to DJ, and he nodded.

“Alright,” he said to Tatts number two, and then he turned to me. “I have to go back inside, DJ can walk you the rest of the way”

I nodded my okay, “Bye,” I merely said. Both James and Tatts number two left through the door.

I now had a question for DJ. “Does every band have someone that has black hair and tattoos?” I asked. I was surprised to see that he was taking my question into consideration.

“Most likely. Why, does it bother you?” he asked.

I blinked at him,” No, should it bother me?” I asked him. We were playing twenty questions in front of the door way now.

“I would hope not, since you’ll be on tour with that,” he stated, and actually walked through the door way.

I nodded. ‘Good point,’ I thought, following him through the door way. We walked through the calm room; no one was in here this time. We walked through the other doors, into a warm breeze night.

I was walking right beside DJ, when he stopped. “I wonder whose piece of shit truck that is,” I looked to where he was staring at when I saw something completely wrong. Not just wrong, but ostridge dick wrong (I’ll explain later). Crappy was being towed away. I did the only thing that would make me feel better, by throwing the rock beside me at the truck. What I wasn’t expecting, was for it to hit the roof of the car and bounce off.

The car quickly stopped, and the driver looked out his window to us. I quickly pointed a finger in Vampire Eyes direction. DJ looked over to me and gave me a threatening glare.

The guy was yelling at us at the top of his lungs. There wasn’t even a dent, why the hell is he yelling? I just glared at him, hoping he’ll just drive away with my truck. Actually, I need Crappy even if he is a piece of shit. I listened to this guy yell; I remember why I said Crappy was part of the male gender.

The guy kept yelling at us for a while longer and then left. That was interesting. It was then that I remember what DJ said about Crappy. I turned to glare at him even if the moment was over.

“That piece of shit truck, which has a name, was mine!” I yelled, unleashing my wrath on him.

DJ looked a bit surprised and sheepishly lowered his head. I rolled my eyes, “Ok Vampire Eyes don’t make me feel ghastly about you too, I only want to feel dreadful for Crappy.”

“Is that what you call your truck,” He asked. I looked at him like he was a dumb ass.
“Have you noticed how badly my truck looks?” I questioned. “It’s a piece of shit so it has to be part of the male gender as well,” I said, looking quite proud of myself, for what I just said.

DJ just rolled his eyes, grabbed my arm, and led me through the parking lot to a jeep.

“What are you doing?” I inquired, not really comfortable with this.

“I’m taking you home,” DJ said. Now I just gave him an even weirder look. He sighed, “You aren’t driving home, because the guy took your truck, and after that little episode, I don’t trust you by your lonesome.”

I looked back to his jeep, “Aren’t you modest.”

He shrugged his shoulders, “I like a lot of room, and I don’t like small cars.”

I nodded my head, and let him lead me the rest of the way to his jeep while I went to the passenger side. He got in to the other side of the jeep and started it up.

DJ was driving through the parking lot, when one of my favorite songs came on: The Dream Police by Cheap Trick. I was about ready to get into it, when a different song was heard. I looked over to the culprit; Vampire Eyes had changed the song. The new song I liked as well, but it wasn’t Cheap Trick. No, it was Afterlife by Avenged Sevenfold.

I was about to sneakily turn it, until I felt a stare at my hand. I looked up; DJ was giving me a look that clearly said, ‘if you dare fucking touch it, I’ll kick your ass.’

I decided to mess with fate and change it. He changed it back just as quickly. I glared at him and was about to reach for it, when his voice stopped me, “Touch it and I’ll kick you out.” I scowled at him, and crossed my arms to look out the window.

I could see him getting in to the song. I know that it’s not even my car, but I wanted to listen to that damn song. So, I decided to make his song miserable. I screeched out, “I try to sleep, they're wide awake, they won't leave me alone. They don't get paid to take vacations, or let me alone. They spy on me, I try to hide, they won't let me alone. They persecute me; they're the judge and jury all in one.” I was getting really into my singing when I felt a hand over my mouth. DJ looked annoyed, and was driving with one hand.

He pulled over to the side of the road. He closed his eyes and rubbed them obviously distressed over me. “Why are you doing this to me? Are you going to be like this on tour?” He asked. “Never mind I don’t even want to know.” Then he actually looked serious for a moment. “Do you actually even need this job?” He asked.

I looked around the vehicle, now I was nervous. They all probably thought I was this great photographer, who willingly took a touring event. “I do actually,” I said, looking out the window, the lack of confidence was contrasting to how I usually am. I could see him staring at me from the corner of my eye. “I was fired the day I ran into Tattoos,” I explained further.

DJ sighed, “Just promise me, we will never go through something like that again.”

I smirked at this, “I would if I could keep that promise.”

DJ actually started laughing, “Alright, you still have the job.” He started the jeep back up and went out onto the main road.

I laughed, “Like you have a say, your tour is in two weeks.”

He smirked, “What’s your point?” he asked, making a challenge to me.

I just smiled a sweet smile and shrugged my shoulders. I was playing innocent and failing miserably.

He just smirked, and looked back to the road. I turned to look back out the window again.

“Why did you ask?” I said, while still looking out the window.

“I just wanted an honest answer, which is what I got,” he said, not even glancing at me.

While he drove me home, I couldn’t help but think that there was going to be even more shit, worse than this on tour.
♠ ♠ ♠
Ok, so this chapter took a long while. Mainly because of procrastination and redoing it.

Special thanks to KasumiKira for editing, and ashleyxsynester for almost always commenting. XD