She Will Love You Through All The Lies

Part Eleven

"Purple?" Kate laughed and shook her head at Brian.

He smiled at his wife and set the paint can down on the carpeted floor. A thick layer of plastic was tapped to the floor, covering and protecting the white carpet.

"I think it's bold," he laughed in return.

She shook her head and tied her hair so that it was in a ponytail. "You got that right, B."

Kate looked around the room to make sure that everything was gone. All that was left was a shell of what used to be their white, bare, and cold bedroom. Kate nodded her head once she was satisfied that not even a nail or screw was left in the room and turned back to her husband.

"Well, let’s get this show on the road."

Brian already had the lid off of the paint and half of the gallon poured into two separate paint trays. When he stood up he made sure that all of his accessories and anything that he didn't want paint on was removed.

Kate had a pair of boxers on and a white wife beater to avoid getting paint on her everyday-clothes. Brian was left in a pair of surf-shorts and a pair of white ankle socks. They were all set to begin the transformation. The thing that they both thought could bring life back into their marriage, to even save it.

Kate grabbed a roller and walked to the far wall and began to roll the purple paint onto the once white walls, as Brian opened the bedroom window and turned on the stereo.

He walked to the wall with the window and began rolling the purple paint on the wall, sneaking glances out of the right of his eye at Kate, and smiling whenever he did.

He really was trying to make everything better with her. He didn't even understand himself why he had ever hurt her in the first place. He promised her he never would, and that he would always be there for her, and look what he had done when they went on tour.

As he rolled the paint on the wall, his thoughts became deeper and deeper, to the point where he didn't even hear Kate say something to him. When she placed her hand on his shoulder he jumped, and then turned to look at her. She had a worried look on her face.

"Is everything okay?" she asked, concern lining her eyes.

Brian was going to smile and nod, but decided against it. He put down the roller so that it was laying in the paint tray and finally noticed that while he was thinking, they had completed the room. Had he really been that far gone into his thoughts?

"I was just thinking about the past couple years."

Kate nodded her head, "want to talk about it?"

Brian let out a deep breath and fell to the floor, folding his legs and patting the spot in front of him. Kate smiled and sat down, mirroring Brian's position. She grabbed his hands and laced their fingers together as she looked him in the eyes.

"I'm thinking, of maybe, not going on tour anymore."

Kate's heart stopped. She began to feel heat running through her body, and her head begin to feel light. Her ears began to ring and she could feel in the back of her throat the contents of her stomach rising.

"Are you okay?" Brian asked, rising to his knees and grabbing the sides of her head.

Kate took a deep breath and coaxed herself to relax. Nothing like that had ever happened to her before, but it felt somewhat like a panic attack. "You can't quit the band at all, Brian."

"But looked what happened last time, Kate. I don't want that to happen again."

She shook her head. "You've put too much of your life and yourself into that band to just give it away. We went through a hard time, you made mistakes. It doesn't mean that's going to happen every time you go on tour. I'm not going to let you give it up."

Brian nodded his head and sat back down. He grabbed her hands again and sighed. "We're taking more time off this time around."

Kate smiled, "that's good. We can work through everything and spend lost time together. You don't need to leave the band to make things right."

Brian smiled and leaned forward, placing his lips again his wife’s.

Kate smiled and looked at the clock, "order out?"

Brian helped his wife up and they walked to the kitchen. Brian looked on the fridge at the flyers for different delivery restaurants. "Chinese?"

Kate laughed, "That is so entirely cliché."

Brian laughed in return and nodded his head; they had seen it before in so many movies, home renovations and Chinese food.

Kate jumped up on the counter and handed her husband the phone as he dialled the number that was printed on the flyer.

"I'll go make some room on the couch and grab a movie for dinner," Kate smiled once Brian hung up on the phone.

Brian followed Kate into the living room, "I'm going to make sure the paint is covered and I'll be out in a minute."

Kate stopped in front of the dozen boxes neatly labelled and stacked in front of the white couch. She set her hands on her hips and read the labels on all of the boxes, finally coming across to one labelled, "Bedding". She moved a few boxes of the way and grabbed a white sheet out of the top of the box and threw it across the white sofa.

As she was about to start moving the boxes to behind the couch she came across boxes that had been stored away, ones she had completely forgotten about. She grabbed the top one and sat on the couch with the box in her lap. She read the label, written in black permanent marker and smiled, "High School".

Kate began to pull things out of the box. "What are you looking at?"

Kate looked up at her husband as he walked towards her. Kate let a grin take over her face and held up their graduating yearbook. Brian let out a laugh, "oh god! Where'd you get that?"

"One of the boxes from our closet."

Brian hopped over the back of the couch and sat beside Kate, wrapping his right arm around her shoulders. Kate began to flip through pages, looking at pictures of their friends and laughing at how all of them used to look. Even back then Kate and Brian shared nearly everything. All of the signatures in the yearbook were written to the both of them, not just one in general.

Kate set the yearbook aside and began to dig through the box some more, and found a bundle of photos in a plastic zip-block bag. There were photos from when they were as young as 14 to when they were 18, going on 19. Some of the photos were taken at school, some of them at the guys or Val's house. Most of them were taken on the beach, back when all of them practically lived there.

Kate and Brian laughed at some of the photos from parties, photos that none of their friends really knew that were taken, even some of them from parties that they never knew were taken. "These have to be displayed," Kate laughed.

Brian took the photos that were the most memorable from Kate and set them aside in their own pile, "we'll get right on that tomorrow."

When they were done with that box, Brian set it behind the couch and out of the way. He grabbed the next box and read it out loud, "Wedding"."

Kate set the box on her lap and shuffled through it. She pulled out a small photo album and began to flip through it. It was photos of her and her bridesmaids before her wedding, from the sleepover the night before to right before they began down the aisle.

Brian took the album from her and went through it again himself, "I've never seen these, Kate."

"I completely forgot I had them. Tara must have tossed them in there when we moved here."

Kate's eyes began to fill with tears as she continued to go through the boxes, and stages of their lives. She let out a sigh as Brian took the last box from her and set it behind the couch. "We'll add to these boxes," he smiled. "We'll look exactly like we did back then, with those big shit-eating smiles we used to have. Of course, I'll look even sexier, but you know, we'll learn to deal with that."

Kate let out a laugh and smacked him in the bicep, "you're so full of yourself."

Brian smiled at Kate, "I try."

Kate narrowed her eyes at her husband and poked him in the forehead before she went to stand up. Brian grabbed her hips and brought her back down. He leaned over and kissed her cheek and then her jaw before pulling her closer and attaching his lips to hers. He wrapped his arms around her waist as he pulled her up onto his lap.

Kate sat sideways as she wrapped her arms around Brian's neck. Just as Brian was leaning them back down on the couch the doorbell rung throughout the house. Kate pulled away laughing as Brian cussed under his breath and got up to get the front door.

She walked over to the DVD player and stuck in "Once Upon A Time in Mexico".

Brian walked back into the living room with the Chinese bag filled with their dinner. "Sweet!" he said once he laid his eyes upon the movie case. He stepped over Kate's legs and set the food down on the coffee table.

"And then there was food!"

Kate shook her head and leaned forward to grab one of the boxes. She kissed Brian's temple and sat back onto the couch. Brian pressed 'play' on the remote and sat back on the couch beside Kate, with their legs resting on the coffee table and began to eat their dinner.

"This is where we're sleeping tonight by the way, so try not to get rice all over our bed." Kate grinned at Brian as he missed his mouth and rice fell onto his lap.

"Shut up, or I'll make you spill that." Kate stuck out her tongue and turned back to the movie.

Brian set his food down on the table when he was done and laid down on the couch, resting his feat on the arm of the couch and laying his head in Kate's lap.

Kate began to play with Brian's hair, running her fingers through every strand, as she smiled to herself, no longer paying attention to the movie, but finally content with where they were, and how she felt inside. This is all that Kate ever wanted, to be with Brian, happy and in love.
♠ ♠ ♠
1, 844 words to make up for not posting in centuries. Hope it was worth it?