She Will Love You Through All The Lies

Part Thirteen

The next day around 3:30 in the afternoon Brian still wasn't home. Kate had lost her patience long before that and all that was left was a body full of anger. She stomped her way to their closet and slid open the doors.

"He is fucking stupid if he thinks he can just walk all over my heart again," she began mumbling to herself as she grabbed an over-night bag from the back of the closet and flinging it onto the bed behind her.

She stared at his side of the closet, nearly burning holes into all of his shirts hanging perfectly on the hangers. She debated for a minute whether to take them all down and throw them about, maybe even ruin them somehow, but that wouldn't be enough.

She grabbed a few shirts, a couple pairs of shorts and then tossed them on the bed and walked to the dresser. She grabbed a few pairs of undergarments and socks and threw them on the bed too. She grabbed anything she needed from the bathroom and stormed back into the bedroom. She picked everything up and shoved it into the bag and then slipped it onto her shoulder after zipping it up.

She grabbed her checkered skull and crossbones tote bag that held everything else in it that she usually brought with her and the keys to her car on her way towards the front door. She locked it behind her and then walked to the garage and opened the door. She tossed her things into the car and hoped in, shoving the key into the car's ignition.

She slammed her head down onto the steering wheel where her hands were and began cursing to herself over and over again. She took a deep breath and got out of the car, leaving everything else in it minus her keys and made her way back inside the house.

"I hate you so much right now Brian," she grumbled, grinding her teeth together as she went and sat on the couch. She turned on the television, flipped through the channels until she was sure there was absolutely nothing on that she was the slightest bit interested in and then turned it off, throwing the remote across the room before she stood up and walked to the fridge.

She scanned every single thing in the fridge. There was not one thing that appealed to her at all. She walked to the kitchen table and sat down at her usual chair facing the bay window and grabbed the newspaper and flipped through it. Once again it held nothing that captured her interest.

She sat in the chair for another twenty minutes after she had threw the paper across the table towards the window, bouncing her knee up and down, losing any patience that was left, any hope that still lingered in her body. She looked at the digital clock that was on the microwave. She rolled her eyes, it was already a little after five o'clock in the evening.

"That's it," she said before standing up out of her chair. "Obviously everything is telling me not to wait for you any longer Brian." She pulled the keys out of her pocket and walked towards the front door for the second time that day and made her way outside, locking the door after her.

She got back into her car and placed the keys back into the ignition. She turned her car on and put it in reverse to back out of the garage and her driveway. She hit the button in her car to close the garage and then turned onto the street to go towards Tara and Zack's house.

Kate was going to just walk right into the house like she normally did but held back. What if she would be imposing in on her best-friends' lives? She would feel absolutely terrible, even worse than she was feeling at that moment.

Kate turned on her heel and walked back to her car before either of them could notice that she was there and got into her car. She pulled at her hair and let out an aggravated noise, something between a scream and a wail before she turned her car back on and drove off down the street.

She took all the familiar turns that she needed to until she was parked in yet another driveway. She turned off her car and sat there for a while, debating whether or not she should just go home. She shook her head and pulled her keys out before grabbing her tote bag and stepping out of her car.

She made her way up the walkway to the door. She took a deep breath before ringing the doorbell. She had made her mind up, if it took longer than 30 seconds for the door to be opened then she was going to turn back around and just leave. She didn't know where she'd end up, but it'd be somewhere other than Huntington.

"Twenty-six, twenty-seven, twenty-eight," she counted to herself. "Twenty-nine,” and she let out a sigh. She hung her head low and turned on her heel. Everything was telling her that she should be on her own. Maybe she was supposed to fix her own life by herself. She was better than how Brian treated her. She had enough common sense left to know that she didn't deserve how he treated her enough to stick around.

"Kate?" she turned around at the sound of someone saying her name.

She froze, and her eyes narrowed ever so quickly.

"What are you doing here?"

"I hate you," Kate seethed.

She turned back around and walked down the steps and towards her car.

"WAIT!"

Kate kept walking towards her car. She was done waiting for people. She was done waiting for everyone to mature and grow up, to treat her like she treated them. She shook her head as she opened her car door and took a deep breath before sighing, "No Brian. I'm done waiting for you to grow up. You had your chance." She took one last look at him before she slid into the car. "You wait," she said before she closed the door and slid her keys into the ignition.

Where was she going to go now?