She Will Love You Through All The Lies

Epilogue

Brian stood in the driveway, staring at the empty space where Kate had been standing. He lifted his head up in time to see her car at the end of the street turn left, following Jimmy back to his house.

"Fuck," he swore under his breath as he turned around and walked towards their front door. He slammed the door shut behind him and kicked his shoes off, not caring where they landed. He made his way towards the living room and plopped down onto the couch with a sigh. What was he going to do without Kate?

Brian sat by himself in silence for what felt like forever to him, until it was no longer light outside. He felt his heart squeeze together as he stood up and made his way to their bedroom. He opened the door and looked around the room. The room was spotless, not a thing out of sight besides all of Kate's things being gone. Brian would've never even known that Jimmy had thrown the dresser drawer on the ground, for Kate had placed it back in its rightful spot during her last walk-through of the house.

Brian closed his eyes for a moment as he leaned against the wall right next to the door. He wished that Kate had ruined something, left the room or even better yet, the house in a complete disaster. He wished that she had just gone crazy and created an absolute hell for him to clean up, to show him that she was angry, to show an emotion.

But that's not what she had done. She left everything spotless, as she had always done. Kate was always the one to clean everything up whether it was literal or not. Deep down, Brian knew that she had left the house in tact for a reason- to absolutely fuck with his emotions. He knew that if she had been with Jimmy that he would've encouraged her to create some destruction, but he knew that she had left the house the way it was because it was more effective when it came to Brian and her.

He sighed as he opened his eyes and walked to the bed. It was no longer their's, nothing was no longer their's. Everything was now just a decoration, because without Kate around, everything felt foreign to him.

He crawled into bed and pulled the sheets over him, leaving his clothes in tact. He rolled over to face her old side of the bed and placed his arm on the empty mattress, where he would normally place his arm around her waist to hold her close to his chest.

He rolled over so he was on his back and stared up at the ceiling. He knew more then anything that he had really screwed up this time, and it was the last time that Kate would take. He didn't even fully understand why he ever hurt her to begin with, or why he had done the things to her that he had. He knew that he had to take time to himself and go over everything in his own head. He couldn't hold up his marriage with her and do whatever he wanted and just expect Kate to not get hurt. He just wished that he would've realized sooner that he should have taken time to think things over before he acted.

He wasn't going to suffocate Kate, he wasn't going to be selfish. That would only hurt her more in the process. He was going to lock himself in that empty house, cut off all his connections with everyone he knew until he could get all of his thoughts straight. And when he knew exactly what he wanted, he was going to find Kate and explain every single thing to her. He was going to try to explain why his head thinks one thing, but his heart thinks another.

He was going to clean up his own mess this time.
♠ ♠ ♠
edit: Sequel coming soon!