She Will Love You Through All The Lies

Part Two

She woke up in the morning feeling quite better then she normally did. She didn't hold onto the fact that he would start calling more often and act like that, although she did hold onto the fact that he sounded like he truly missed her, truly loved her. She sighed as she lay in bed thinking of all the possibilities and finally she came to the conclusion that he must have done something so ludicrous and felt horrible about it that he called her and really put on a show of how much he loved her, maybe to convince her more than himself, or the other way around.

She threw off the covers and began to sit up as the phone rang. She turned her head to the left and looked at her side of the beds' nightstand. The phone indeed was ringing, so she leaned over and reached for the phone. She didn't bother with looking at the caller ID; it was probably a wrong number. She pressed 'Talk' and put the phone to her ear, "hello?" she questioned.

"Hey baby," she heard his voice again. Her eyes went wide and she pulled the phone away to look at it with an incredulous look on her face. She put the phone back to her ear and furrowed her eye brows together.

"Brian?" she questioned, absolutely clueless.

She heard the voice chuckle lightly, amused. "Yes, it's me. Who'd you think it was?"

She sighed and frowned, "a wrong number."

She heard all of the amusement leave from his voice, "oh."

The phone line was silent for a few moments filled with tension and awkwardness. Neither of the two knew what to say or even what to think. She more concerned with why he was calling again and he was more concerned with why she didn't sound as happy or pleased. He fidgeted with the picture in his hand, a photo of the two of them together years ago when they were still only teenagers. Smiles were spread across their faces as they stood on the beach, holding onto one another, love in their eyes.

"What are you doing?" she finally spoke, irritated by the silence between her and her husband- a silence between them that shouldn't exist.

He smiled, finally hearing her voice. "I'm holding a photo of us," he smiled even wider as he ran a finger across her face, picturing he really was touching her.

She smiled, he was sure a charmer. "What photo?" she whispered into the phone.

"The one of us on the beach when we were 16. We're both holding on to one another, completely soaked from our surfing lesson, well when I was trying to teach you. Wow, I never knew smiles could be so huge," he smiled as he admired the picture.

Tears began to form in her eyes. She knew exactly what photo he was talking about- her favourite picture of them together, ever. Yes, it beat all of the photos from their wedding and the few that have been taken within the last few years. It beat all of the photos before the wedding and will always be her favourite photo. "I remember that day as if it were yesterday," she smiled, wiping away tears.

Brian himself felt tears sliding down his face. He wiped them away and took in a deep breath. "Me too, baby, me too," he whispered.

She felt her heart lodge into her throat. "Are you crying?"

He chuckled, trying to cover it up and decided to just let it go and be clean with her. "Yea, yea I am."

"Why?"

He felt like someone had just punched him in the gut, boy had he really fucked things up between them in the past few years. "I miss those times, Kate. I miss how we used to be before I fucked everything up between us."

She bowed her head and played with the bottom hemming of her pyjama shorts, pulling at a loose thread. "So do I, Brian." She crossed her arms over her chest and held back more tears. "Do you think things will ever be like that again... maybe even half as good?"

She heard the commotion of Brian sitting up, "of course baby. I really meant it last night when I said we'll spend time together this time when I come home. I really do want things to change. I'm the one that needs to change and grow up. You've never done anything wrong in this relationship. You've never done anything but stayed by my side and continued to love me... you still do love me right?"

Her head shot up, "more than anything in the world."

She heard him sigh in relief, "I love you more than anything in the world too."

"Really Brian, because it doesn't seem like it? It appears that you love your music more than me, and everything that comes along with it." She spoke with such a harsh tone that she even recoiled at her own voice.

Brian flinched, "I deserve that. I know I didn't do anything to prove that I love you more, and I need to. I need to focus on you, with all of my attention. I need to show you how much I love you."

She nodded her head, "I'm glad you've finally took notice of this, it only took you four years to figure out what we had was falling apart, fast."

"Brian- photo shoot in 20! Let's go," she heard Matt yell from somewhere in the bus. At least she assumed they were in the bus.

Brian sighed, "Okay, well we just got to the photo shoot. I have to go have a shower and change. I'll be home sooner than you think. I'll talk to you later and I love you."

She nodded her head, "okay. Good luck with it. Tell the boys I said hi, please?"

She heard him smile into the phone as he ruffled around, "I will Kate." He ruffled around some more, "okay, bye, I love you."

"Bye, I love you too," she waited for him to hang-up and then followed through. She took a deep breath and stood up. Already her morning routine was off, but she smiled because it was for a good reason. She walked towards the bathroom and then stopped, "I need a drink" she muttered to herself as she headed down to the kitchen and grabbed a bottle of wine. She looked at the clock and shrugged her shoulders, she didn't care that it was only 9:30 in the morning- her nerves were shot and she needed something to calm her down.

She looked at the glass and then the bottle. She put the glass in the sink and then walked back to the bathroom and started to fill the tub with water and bubbles. When it was filled, she stripped of her clothing and stepped in, bringing the bottle of wine to her lips and tipping it back.